toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman02 View Post
    So, I guess the YJ episode we'll be getting on 5th will be "Before the Dawn"?
    Uh, yeah. Most likely.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mojo25 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Well, hooray, that's great to hear they got a date down.

Also announced is the DC Nation Super Sampler for Free Comic Book Day, May 4th, 2013 featuring Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go!
    I wish I could be excited for those shows but TTG seems to be tearing out the parts of Titans I liked the most (despite all the comedy the show did drama quite well, stuff like Aftershock, Things Change and the End are all full of emotion punch) and I doubt the comedy that it will have will be on the level of the comedic episodes of TT i liked like Revolution and that Control Freak episode with the various TV worlds.

As for Beware honestly I am just kind of tired of Batman in general, the only Batman thing I really look forward to right now are issues of Grant Morrison's Batman Inc. and that's coming to a close soon. I mean I like Batman and all but I just wish DC would push other characters so its just hard for me to muster excitement for a Batman show right now especially since I seem to be one of the few people in the world who doesn't hold Batman as one of his favorite DC hero's.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm glad to hear that there is a date for the return of the block. Hopefully, they'll continue to air new episodes afterwards without another break.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo25 View Post
    I wish I could be excited for those shows but TTG seems to be tearing out the parts of Titans I liked the most (despite all the comedy the show did drama quite well, stuff like Aftershock, Things Change and the End are all full of emotion punch) and I doubt the comedy that it will have will be on the level of the comedic episodes of TT i liked like Revolution and that Control Freak episode with the various TV worlds.
    True, based only on what's been revealed so far (and while unfair), but I see TTG as a denigration of the action-humor-drama standard for DC animation that WBA has worked so hard to create and maintain for the last 20 years. It's too soon to say but, man, it almost seems like WBA kowtowing and doing something more along the ways of CN's other shows just to get a shot at more seasons. That's what I felt when I first learned about. I hope to be proved wrong...

As for Beware honestly I am just kind of tired of Batman in general, the only Batman thing I really look forward to right now are issues of Grant Morrison's Batman Inc. and that's coming to a close soon. I mean I like Batman and all but I just wish DC would push other characters so its just hard for me to muster excitement for a Batman show right now especially since I seem to be one of the few people in the world who doesn't hold Batman as one of his favorite DC hero's.
    I would not be surprised if a not of DC fans go into this screaming 'Bat-fatigue'. DC has to go with their cash cow. Maybe if someone challenged the Nolan brothers to take a crack at Wonder Woman or Flash. No really. Joking aside, as I've alluded to before, Man of Steel coming out next has me hopeful for a new Superman animated series mainly because it's another Superman one finally and it's not another Batman one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just hope having a new Bat-series doesn't kill Green Lantern. Batman has had his shot (over and over again) while this is the first real GL series we've had. Sadly I know that Bats is the big name at DC with the movies (which I love) and with having series after series on TV. I think Batman has been in animation so long there might be kids within the past generation who have never gone without a Batman cartoon to watch. So they'll probably watch any Bat-toon.

Tiny Titans is funny as a MAD-style parody short but I'm not sure they can carry the joke on for 30 minutes. If they wanted "fun", I wish it was SBFFs.

Mojo25 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I also kinda feel that TTG is kind of pandering to CN executives current obession with all comedy all the time, and yet I still doubt it'll get more than 65 episodes tops.

Man I know your joking but im honestly slightly uncomfortable even with Nolan's rule as producer on Man of Steel, which I do have high hopes for. He's a great director but I don't want him anywhere near most DC hero's. His style isn't what I envision for characters like the Flash or Green Lantern or Aquaman. Actually maybe it could work with Martian Manhunter in a movie focused mostly on him as Detective John Jones like his really early stories but lets not kid, there will probably never be a Martian Manhunter movie. And honestly while I enjoyed his Batman movies they are pretty far from my view of what an ideal Batman movie should be. Actually my idea tone and level of realism for a Batman movie can be found in the Arkham games, they are pretty damn dark but they aren't afraid to also seem comic booky and fantastical.

And now im rambling about something off-topic.

Anyway yes i too hope that Man of Steel births a new Superman cartoon, though my dream DC animated solo series is The Flash and I think Captain Marvel has lots of potential for one too.

O and if TTG were actually Tiny Titans id be a lot more excited for it, that was a comic that never failed to make me smile when I was down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo25 View Post
    Man I know your joking but im honestly slightly uncomfortable even with Nolan's rule as producer on Man of Steel, which I do have high hopes for. He's a great director but I don't want him anywhere near most DC hero's. His style isn't what I envision for characters like the Flash or Green Lantern or Aquaman.
    Yeah, I was only kidding him having a Midas touch so to speak since the 3 Batman movies have made the Powers That Be their money. But half joking about WW... I mean he's involved in Batman and Superman. Why not finish out the Trinity? lol.

though my dream DC animated solo series is The Flash and I think Captain Marvel has lots of potential for one too.
    Me, too. Those two have great Rogues Galleries and stories to tell. The Brave and The Bold and Young Justice have just scratched the surface in recent years.

Mojo25 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wonder Woman is of the 7 (even though I doubt we'll see a Manhunter or Aquaman movie for a long time) the one I am most concerned about, so few people seem to really get her. In comics she's only had a handful of good runs in the last few decades (one of which is going right now! yay!). And in animation I felt she was the most underwhelming part of Justice League usually. So I am of course worried that whoever they get for a Wonder Woman movie also will not get Diana.

But yeah Flash's gallery especially (which i consider to be the best rogues gallery in comics, yes even better than Batmans) has almost limitless potential and Capt Marvel also has some really fun villains (though some of them might need updating unless its like a Brave and the Bold style show) and he's also really the ultimate child wish fulfillment character. I mean really he's a kid who shouts a magic word that turns him into an incredibly powerful adult superhero it just screams of "this would appeal to the target audience of these shows" to me, and I also like the Captain so if it were done right, and WBA usually does things right it would appeal to me and my ilk too.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TTG is going to be two or three shorts in 22 mins, correct?

If so, good luck with any real pathos and drama. I expect nothing new for these eps. Be cool if they did jump to Nightwing in S2 and have guys like Superboy and Wondergirl show up, but the tone will have to be really good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    TTG is going to be two or three shorts in 22 mins, correct?
    Yep, two 11 minute stories per episode.