toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywoodhogan View Post
    I wasn't asking that thoroughly but thank you for been so thorough answers my question better than I had anticipated.
    You are welcome, Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan View Post
    This one, in response to Cybercubed:

That is a slippery slope to tread on.
    The response was to Cybercubed's premise of proposed continuity between JLA Adventures and The Brave & The Bold because of a shared voice actor/role. Not the talent of the actor or my opinion of.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for clarifying, because I didn't quite get the context.

Any DC action toon would have to be shopped to other networks, since CN would under-promote it. It ain't like it was 10 years ago. A lighter JLA series, not quite a full-on Super Friends revival (though I'd mark out for that if they used Batman: Brave & the Bold animation), might not exactly work either, since the "celebrating stupidity" type of humor is what CN prefers these days.

DonkeyKongSong is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    DC Nation is back to 10am on the 15th. Legends of Chima premieres will be airing at 9:30am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3/5:Lynell Forestall revealed he had an idea he was gonna pitch on the character "Funky Flashman"

Would have loved to see another Kirby character. Funky. So much potential - every chapter could be some scheme or business of his failing. Female Furies destroying his house, being the Secret Society's PR officer, that pawn shop, Flashman Pre-Owned Auto, New God cameos... would have loved it.

3/13: Brianne Drouhard posts her first pass roughs on the New Teen Titans short that had the team in their Halloween outfits. Drouhard admitted the JL Watchtower outfit was hard to draw. Robin, Cyborg, and Silkie's costumes were Ben Jones' idea and the rest were scripted by David Slack.

Sigh. Wish CN would post these online like the other ones. There should only be 2-3 left anyway.

3/17: On Podcast of Oa Episode 64 - GL:TAS Retrospective, Krieg tap danced around it but sorta hinted, he might have been involved with the upcoming Shazam short(s) if CN ever airs it. Krieg did say he has a couple WBA projects still to be revealed but can't talk about them. It doesn't seem to be another DCU movie so seems like shorts or maybe other stuff like Scooby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For the fifth time this year, DC Nation is preempted on April 5. This time for the "Ben 10 vs. Negative 10" movie as part of an all-day Ben 10 Marathon.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    CN's disrespect toward DC Nation and its fan base reminds me of how Nickelodeon used to do the same thing a number of years back.

Nick used to have a Sunday block that, at various times, would include Men In Black reruns, Invader Zim, Super Duper Sumos, et al, but the block never got off the ground because of Nick programmers making last-micro-second programming changes with 0 advance warning or rational reason. The programming nerds are only concerned with what gets the most ratings numbers currently, like certain "hot" shows that get played into the ground.

My prediction: DC Nation ultimately moves to Boomerang after the rebranding in the fall.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, honestly, with the exception of the Beyraiderz marathon, all of the pre-emptions were already announced in advance, especially the Mewtwo and Genesect movies. Those were included in a press release long before the listings even got that far. (Though for the Beyraiderz marathon, on top of being put at the last minute... the weeks after the marathon, they reran those four episodes again, making us wait a whole month before any new episodes! So what was the point of that?!)

In fact, this isn't really like that Nick example at all. Looking at all the things that did pre-empt it:
    - Pokémon: The First Movie had not been seen on TV since around summer 2009. On top of that, the DVDs are still out of print and are being charged for a hefty price on Amazon, so that was kind of the only way to see it legally. Plus, it was the first time it was digitally remastered in HD anyway.
    - As for the Genesect movie, the "Mewtwo - Prologue to Awakening" short was a prequel to said movie, so it would make sense. Plus, the Genesect movie had only aired once on CN before, since it didn't get the Sunday night rerun (it aired in the afternoon originally)
    - Beyraiderz was completely new to the US. It had already aired the first four episodes in Canada. However, that made the next few weeks of reruns even more disappointing - after catching up to Canada in one week, we're now four weeks behind!
    - Tenkai Knights does not get much rerun time, much to the chagrin of some people asking about it on the official Tumblr page for the show. Some of those episodes had only aired twice, including the pilot. Plus, it was kinda nice to see Tenkai Knights get a slot later than 7:30am.

Someone on the CN forum says that they've been doing these Ben 10 stunts every March or April, so this is hardly a surprise. Regardless, it is possible DC Nation might move to Boomerang after the rebrand. I think those Ben 10 movies may have been rerun excessively, but I haven't really kept up with it.

Sikboy1029 is offline Mech Pilot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After the DC Nation block is back maybe we can get some good reruns
    Now hows about the old smash n bash, YEAH!

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikboy1029 View Post
    After the DC Nation block is back maybe we can get some good reruns
    You mean of Green Lantern, Young Justice and Beware the Batman? Not likely. Networks don't bring back shows which aren't going to sell any merch and consequently have been labeled as failures. They might finish off the remaining episodes of Beware, but even that's not guaranteed. Long since canceled shows like JLU seem even less likely; their respective toy lines are long dead and as such they're considered Boomerang material nowadays. The block likely just remain back-to-back Teen Titans GO!.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Sikboy1029 is offline Mech Pilot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know what would be an interesting test? If they aired TTG followed by an old Teen Titans episode. I wonder if kids who have never seen it would stick around to check it out.
    Now hows about the old smash n bash, YEAH!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikboy1029 View Post
    You know what would be an interesting test? If they aired TTG followed by an old Teen Titans episode. I wonder if kids who have never seen it would stick around to check it out.
    Cartoon Network only seems sparodically interested in airing the old Teen Titans. The last time it ran full-time was February 23, 2010. Since then, it's had several runs, but one just seemed like an excuse to kick MetaJets off the lineup (itself seeming like an excuse to kick Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's off the lineup) because three weeks in it was replaced by Generator Rex and it kept rotating with it until Beyblade: Metal Fusion took over that slot permanently. Feels like they were trying to stall until Metal Fusion had enough episodes. After that, it did air one week but that was likely a cross-promotion for DC Nation itself, because the Tiny Titans shorts had been announced (one of which I think they had leaked online at that point). It then aired once or twice during the 20th Anniversary Party, but I don't know if Teen Titans would ever continue to air on CN. It seems like they're just dumping it on Boomerang until their license expires (which I'm surprised it hasn't, though TTGo! may have something to do with that).

Anyway, forgot to mention: Aside from being pre-empted on Saturday, DC Nation's "Sunday encore" won't happen either. The Ben 10 marathon continues into the next day.

Hero Supreme is online now Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On April 9 at 6:30 PM, the CN Teen Titans Go! schedule lists "Batman Strange Days." Do we know what that is?
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero Supreme View Post
    On April 9 at 6:30 PM, the CN Teen Titans Go! schedule lists "Batman Strange Days." Do we know what that is?
    Could be the new TTG! episode that day. We don't have the complete April airing schedule yet. But looks like a brief break with reruns on April 2.

Hero Supreme is online now Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Could be the new TTG! episode that day. We don't have the complete April airing schedule yet. But looks like a brief break with reruns on April 2.
    I was hoping for one of the debut of one of the Batman 75th anniversary shorts, maybe the Black and White Timm short. Would this be too soon?

UPDATE 1:

Whatever it is, Gary Miereanu says "it's cool"
    Last edited by Hero Supreme; 03-26-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero Supreme View Post
    I was hoping for one of the debut of one of the Batman 75th anniversary shorts, maybe the Black and White Timm short. Would this be too soon?

UPDATE 1:

Whatever it is, Gary Miereanu says "it's cool"
    I thought May was when the Batman 75th anniversary starts but I don't care. They can air new shorts as early as they want. 'Strange Days' does sound vaguely familiar like a comic mini series.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today's announcement from Warner Bros. Entertainment and DC Entertainment make reference to two DC Nation shorts set to debut in April 2014, timed for Batman's 75th anniversary. Check out the press release here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm... Batman: Strange Days, huh? Sounds interesting.

We already have some information that this will be a black and white short set in 1939 and be heavily influenced by the Bob Kane/Bill Finger era. I'm naturally leaping to Hugo Strange as the villian so could we be seeing a small Batman & The Monster Men adaptation?
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A quick follow-up. After asking around, representatives for Cartoon Network confirmed there is expected to be some promotion for these DC Nation Batman shorts - likely online previews clips and image stills - before their respective debuts. I imagine it will be a similar promotion to the Superman 75 animated short.

And, as such, expect both Batman 75 animated shorts to get their own talkbacks when they make their official network debuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So it sounds like just one each. Bummer. And 'based upon Batman Beyond' kind of irked me. I was hoping to see 'set in the world of Batman Beyond' but I'm nitpicking. I wish I was going to WonderCon now, lol.

EDIT 3/28: Um, looks like DC Nation is being quietly removed? Starting April 12, there looks to be a new line up: Tenkai Knights 7:30 am, BeyWarriors 8 am, Pokemon 8:30 am, Ben 10: Omniverse 9 am, and Legends of Chima 9:30 am. TTG! isn't listed in the morning on CN's schedule.

But with this "Batman Strange Days" short set for April 9 during TTG!, MAYBE it's been moved to Wednesday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So on April 12, it appears DC Nation might be moving to noon. Gumball repeats and encores of The Tom and Jerry Show are taking its original timeslot, but there's a full hour of TTGo! at noon, including a repeat of that Wednesday's episode (though it's not new).

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast