toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Heir Apparent"

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll

5 15.15%
  • ****1/2

14 42.42%

11 33.33%
  • ***1/2

2 6.06%

1 3.03%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Munkiman is offline Hail Hydra.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    To be unfair he didn't stop it from happening! And he challenged to have her hand in marriage. Yeah I don't like Hal very much right now. If Hal didn't really want to kiss her, it wouldn't have happened.
    I feel like it worked - the kiss was honestly pretty chaste, and Hal made his intentions clear from the start that he would only marry Iolande long enough to hand the throne over to her. It never seemed like Hal's flirtiness was anything more than harmless.
    "I've never met a man so tired of being alive."

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lord View Post
    Seeing Will Friedle as a villain was cool. And that was John DiMaggio playing the king? Didn't even recognize him!
    Yes, that was John DiMaggio but his character was not the king. Kothak is just a warrior who followed Betrassus protocol. If a queen was unmarried, warriors could step forward and claim her hand in marriage and the throne. So at the end of the episode, Iolande is still unmarried. But since she's a Green Lantern now, it's doubtful any warriors will try to claim her hand.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 17, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

RoyalRubble is offline Member Tetris Champion Magma 2 Champion Crazy Go Nuts Champion Crazy Go Nuts 2 Champion Bimmin Champion R4CE 2078 Champion Nuclearoids Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty great episode. I liked the characters introduced in this episode (especially Iolande) and how Razer and Aya worked together, even if only for a couple of scenes. I figured Kothak wasn't the real murderer because that would have been a little too obvious, and that it was actually Ragnar. Him being so interested in learning how one becomes a Green Lantern was pretty suspicious. I was sure Kilowog wasn't really dead, but for a moment I thought that was the real ring and it only disappeared from Ragnar because he wasn't worthy of one after explaining his plans.

I really liked how they just skimmed over Hal's origin as a Green Lantern. Plus the jousting tournament was pretty cool, as was the final battle between Hal and Ragnar. Overall, a great episode though I did kind of wish Iolande would join Hal's group.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

Riddler is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this was my favorite episode so far. Great action and twists... though I didn't believe for a second that Kilowog was really dead!

JTMarsh is online now Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was that Grey DeLisle voicing Iolande? It sounded like her but I couldn't be sure. CN keeps skipping on the end credits and World's Finest doesn't feature the character in its bios, nor does it have any episode reviews up yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMarsh View Post
    Was that Grey DeLisle voicing Iolande? It sounded like her but I couldn't be sure. CN keeps skipping on the end credits and World's Finest doesn't feature the character in its bios, nor does it have any episode reviews up yet.
    Tara Strong

JTMarsh is online now Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McSantos View Post
    Ah. Thought the voice sounded familiar, Tara & Grey have very similar vocals.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Iolande! That's cool! I was worried throwing Hal and Kilowog out into the boonies would mean no recognizable Green Lanterns, but maybe we'll get more origin stories like this. There are so many Green Lanterns I want to see!

Heh, maybe Stel can show up and there will be a love triangle with him, Aya, and Razer. They're definitely going somewhere with Aya and Razer, they didn't have her manifest into Razer's flashback a couple episodes ago as his wife for nothing.

Also loved seeing the trick Hal and Kilowog pulled with the death faking...sneaky!

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I figured Red Lanterns because it doesn't seem to have as a diverse membership as the Sinestro Corps does in the comics. And Ragnar doesn't seem pure evil like most of those Sinestro Corpsmen do.
    So wait, you're saying Sinestros are more evil than Reds? I'd say that's debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
    Come now, people... As envious as he was before he got his "Precious", and as possessive as he was after, there's only one color in Ragnar's future...
    For Larfleeze! ALL ORANGE FOR LARFLEEZE!

Hal cheating on Carol makes me not like him as much.
    How serious are Hal and Carol? It's been a while since I watched the pilot (should've watched it when they re-ran it again, but...ehh). I'm not a fan of Hal sleeping around like Johns had him post-Rebirth, but I do like him as a bit of a ladies man and feel there's a good balance if he has a soft spot for Carol but it doesn't keep him from flirting with alien babes.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So wait, you're saying Sinestros are more evil than Reds? I'd say that's debatable.
    Yeah, that's how I see it. But it's relative. Weren't some or most of the Reds wronged in life whereas the Sinestros are just plain bad people from the start? Most of the Corps seem to at times drift near the gray area on the moral spectrum.

How serious are Hal and Carol? It's been a while since I watched the pilot (should've watched it when they re-ran it again, but...ehh). I'm not a fan of Hal sleeping around like Johns had him post-Rebirth, but I do like him as a bit of a ladies man and feel there's a good balance if he has a soft spot for Carol but it doesn't keep him from flirting with alien babes.
    They're dating. On Iolande's peck, a kiss isn't always romantic...
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 17, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Dorko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Yeah, that's how I see it. But it's relative. Weren't some or most of the Reds wronged in life whereas the Sinestros are just plain bad people from the start? Most of the Corps seem to at times drift near the gray area on the moral spectrum.
    Yeah, The Sinestro Corps is made up of people who inspire fear, so a fair number of murders, dictators, assassins, and the like end up in its ranks. Conversely, the Red Lanterns are made up of people who seek vengeance and it gets a moderately varied membership (at least in the comics).
    I am the only being on the internet to call himself Dorko and still have dignity.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorko View Post
    Yeah, The Sinestro Corps is made up of people who inspire fear, so a fair number of murders, dictators, assassins, and the like end up in its ranks. Conversely, the Red Lanterns are made up of people who seek vengeance and it gets a moderately varied membership (at least in the comics).
    Atrocitus and Ysmault in Space Sector 666 was so bad the Guardians had to close it off, that's worse than any threat posed by the Sinestros. But Red Lanterns do vary. Hm, this is probably a broad generalization, but I feel like the worst Red Lantern is worse than any Sinestro but the average Sinestro is worse than the average Red Lantern
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be unfair he didn't stop it from happening! And he challenged to have her hand in marriage. Yeah I don't like Hal very much right now. If Hal didn't really want to kiss her, it wouldn't have happened.
    But he did not do that to marry her he did that so that she would not be forced to marry that other guy. He stated that his plan was make her the sole ruler of her planet when he won. Your making it sound like Hal was actively after Ioldade. Finally as others said it's not like the kiss was even romantic. It was more a reward then anything else. A think you kiss for his help in saving her planet. There was no cheating going on.

While Hal was a Flirt he did not cheat on Carol in any sense of the word. That was never his intent in this episode.

Now this may sound cold but it's not like he's flirting on earth. he's flirting in his other job on the other side of the galaxy. Does that make it right? Of course not.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    But he did not do that to marry her he did that so that she would not be forced to marry that other guy. He stated that his plan was make her the sole ruler of her planet when he won. Your making it sound like Hal was actively after Ioldade. Finally as others said it's not like the kiss was even romantic. It was more a reward then anything else. A think you kiss for his help in saving her planet. There was no cheating going on.

While Hal was a Flirt he did not cheat on Carol in any sense of the word. That was never his intent in this episode.

Now this may sound cold but it's not like he's flirting on earth. he's flirting in his other job on the other side of the galaxy. Does that make it right? Of course not.
    And that's the problem. I don't like Hal doing that. How would he feel knowing Carol's getting reward and thank you kisses back on Earth? Doubt he'd appreciate it very much.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think he's just flirting and cruising for women in space - it seems like a pretty inborn trait. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hitting on another girl in front of Carol. That's part of Hal Jordan's character: the lovable womanizer. I imagine it's the sort of thing she's used to putting up with.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally catching up with these:

Another top episode, this show gets better and better, whilst I still don't think anything has topped the pilot some episodes have come really close and this has been the best episode since the pilot.

I've probably said this loads of times but the CGI on this show is solid, I always thought I'd hate a CGI show but it just totally works.

One thing I wanna say first as a DCAU fanboy, WILL FRIEDLE WOOHOO! [spolier]I knew his character would be evil, as soon as Hal told him about the ring choosing him, good little twist even though I saw it coming. I guess it was kind of typical though that the supposed badguy didn't really turn out to be a badguy. [/spoiler].

I love that they're trying to recruit new Green Lanterns, I hope that in the coming episodes they do manage to recruit some new GL's.

4.5/5

Note: Josh Keaton is so good as Hal Jordan, I'm really torn between him, Christopher Meloni and Nathan Fillion as too whose my favourite voice actor for the role.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywoodhogan View Post
    Note: Josh Keaton is so good as Hal Jordan, I'm really torn between him, Christopher Meloni and Nathan Fillion as too whose my favourite voice actor for the role.
    I'm sticking with Nathan Fillion 'cause, well, it's Nathan Fillion, though the other two are good too.

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lord View Post
    I'm sticking with Nathan Fillion 'cause, well, it's Nathan Fillion, though the other two are good too.
    Haha thats as good a reason as any, I do hear his voice in my head when I'm reading the comic but sometimes I switch to Josh Keaton.

Its like my Superman is always Tim Daly but if I've been watching JL/JLU and I read a Superman story I hear Newburn in my head.

Man I am sad haha
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Geodude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McRowdy View Post
    I'm not much of a shipper, but I got a little hint of Aya/Razer in the ship when they both told the other they looked good. The whole scene was just sort of strange even if I don't look at it in that light. I might just be seeing nothing though.
    "Are my components properly aligned?" How can you not love Aya with lines like that?

When I first saw this episode I assumed Kothak was the bad guy because he was so aggressive and kind of a jerk, and totally didn't pick up on the clue of Ragnar saying there were only two Green Lanterns on the planet. Nice to see Kothak turning out to simply be fiercely loyal to the proper ruler.

Gravitea is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While the episode was a bit predictable, it was still enjoyable. I enjoyed how Hal and Queen Iolande interacted with one another; Kilowog's line that she fell for his waterfall line cracked me up.
    From one choice, a universe is created...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3