toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Beware the Batman" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Beware The Batman is the all-new animated series based on the iconic Caped Crusader swinging to Cartoon Network in Summer 2013. The CGI-animated series is headlined by Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson. Further details are below.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Beware the Batman Description:

A cool, new take on the classic Dark Knight franchise, Beware the Batman incorporates Batman’s core characters with a rogues gallery of new villains not previously seen in animated form. Along with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred and lethal swordstress Katana, the Dark Knight faces the twisted machinations of Gotham City’s criminal underworld led by the likes of Anarky, Professor Pyg, Mister Toad and Magpie. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, this action-packed detective thriller deftly redefines what we have come to know as a “Batman show.” Featuring cutting-edge CGI visuals to match the intricate twists and turns of the narrative, Batman steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight for an entirely new generation of fans. With WBA’s Sam Register executive producing, and Batman Beyond’s Glen Murakami and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated’s Mitch Watson producing, Beware the Batman, based on characters from DC Comics, is coming soon to Cartoon Network!

Stay tuned to The World's Finest for further updates!

Previous Updates:
    Beware the Batman News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers

Current News
    Spoiler:

GENERAL INFORMATION
    Air Dates

Animation Format

Premise
    • A classic-looking Batman teamed up with a gun-toting Alfred Pennyworth and Katana. WF 10/4/11
    • Show will explore the mythology's more obscure villains like Professor Pyg and Mr. Toad along with some of the more well-known ones. WF 10/4/11
    • It is early in the Batman story Movie Web 1/17/12
    • Action-packed detective thriller WF Article 3/29/12

Production Updates

Teasers

STAFF
    Production Staff

Voice Actors

CHARACTERS

Main Cast

Batman
    • Will be more focused on detective work than gadgets and tricks WF 7/14/12
    • Has been operating for 5-6 years DC Nation Panel 7/15/12
    • Goes to Bethany Ravenclaw, a psychiatrist, for help and she gives him a lot more than that Comikaze 9/20/12
    • Takes care of the people he loves sometimes at the expense of his own safety DC Nation #2
    • Takes on first female partner, Katana DC Nation #2

Katana
    • Katana will fill the sidekick role, but is not a replacement for Robin. WF 10/4/11
    • Described as sword-wielding and mysterious WF 7/14/12
    • Will be Batman's equal
    • Her Soultaker sword will be explored
    • Batman sees someone who lost her way and needs some guidance to find the right path DC Nation #2
    • Former member of the C.I.A. and the League of Assassins DC Nation #2

Alfred Pennyworth

James Gordon

Recurring Cast

Metamorpho

Barbara Gordon

Villains

Specific

Professor Pyg WF 10/4/11

Mr. Toad WF 10/4/11

Anarky WF Article 3/29/12

Magpie WF Article 3/29/12

Humpty Dumpty DC Nation Panel 7/15/12
    • Believes he's on a mission to destroy anyone who has ever harmed the innocent. In reality an excuse to use his life-size toys and games to terrorize DC Nation #2

Cypher i09 second clip 7/19/12

Ra's al Ghul G4 7/19/12 7:12

General

First Trailer
    Spoiler:

"To those who would hurt the innocent, I give you this one warning: Beware My Wrath."

Last edited by Yojimbo; 05-17-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: 5/16: Production Updates

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still hoping for a cast announcement soon!

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm skeptical. GL:TAS' pilot was set for November 2011. We didn't have confirmation on Josh Keaton until May 2011 and Kevin Michael Richardson and Grey DeLisle until August 2011; It may be awhile until we hear about the voice cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywoodhogan View Post
    On BtB I agree with your good points but I think after this one they shoud give Batman a break or at least do a Superman Batman team up show
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight 90 View Post
    The only thing that bugs me is I wish they wouldn't toss out an old idea and bring a new one in every 3 years. I loved Batman: The Brave and the Bold... and although it got 65 episodes, I still felt its life was too short. Let these things breathe WB. You could have morphed B:TBTB into an updated show (eg. JLU)
    There's always hope, more so since Plastic Man and Teen Titans got 'resurrected' on DC Nation. With the Man of Steel movie coming soon, a Superman animated series seems inevitable. I hope they get Tucker to run it... then he could make it part of the The Brave and The Bold-verse... Superman: World's Finest, and maybe even sneak in Batman from TBATB as a guest star. But I digress...
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to Shane Glines' Facebook page, he part of the creative team on Beware The Batman.

http://www.facebook.com/cartoonretro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beware the Batman IMDb page is up

You can find it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2329077/. I hope I was correct in guessing that the show will premiere before the end of this year. It looks like some data is still waiting to be entered (such as such crew members as I was aware of).

So, casting suggestions? Rino Romano grew into the role of Batman pretty well by the end of The Batman. Would anyone object if he reprised the role? What about Alastair Duncan's Alfred? I think that perhaps Kevin Conroy or Bruce Greenwood would be wrong for this show.
    Last edited by Otaku-sempai; 03-30-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    "One can only adore the internet and the opportunity it has proffered to that unignorable segment of the vox populi that
    has the acumen of a breath mint but until the web, was blissfully denied a global voice."
    - Harlan Ellison, July 23, 2013

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The pilot at least will probably air sometime this year. YJ and Green Lantern both aired their pilots in Autumn and then started up for real in the Spring of the following year, so it'll probably hold true for here as well.

The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaku-sempai View Post
    You can fi nd it here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2329077/. I hope I was correct in guessing that the show will premiere before the end of this year. It looks like some data is still waiting to be entered (such as such crew members as I was aware of).

So, casting suggestions? Rino Romano grew into the role of Batman pretty well by the end of The Batman. Would anyone object if he reprised the role? What about Alastair Duncan's Alfred? I think that perhaps Kevin Conroy or Bruce Greenwood would be wrong for this show.
    Rino Romano's pretty good, and I wouldn't object if he returned. For Alfred, the guy from Arkham City did a pretty good job, and it would be cool if he played Alfred here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure who they'll get. I'd like if they could get Conroy back but I've grown to love both Diedrich Bader and Bruce Greenwood as well. If they're trying for a younger Bruce then I don't know who they could pick.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Something Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt told me make me believe he's working on this show. Maybe not as Batman but possibly in the show in some capacity. But it's just speculation on my part.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

supergirl's pal is offline Give us a SBFF Animated Series
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    There's always hope, more so since Plastic Man and Teen Titans got 'resurrected' on DC Nation. With the Man of Steel movie coming soon, a Superman animated series seems inevitable. I hope they get Tucker to run it... then he could make it part of the The Brave and The Bold-verse... Superman: World's Finest, and maybe even sneak in Batman from TBATB as a guest star. But I digress...
    I would love if Tucker did a Superman: Brave and the Bold show to see what his version of Supergirl would be like. That would alleviate my disappointment of her not appearing on Batman: Brave and the Bold.

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Something Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt told me make me believe he's working on this show. Maybe not as Batman but possibly in the show in some capacity. But it's just speculation on my part.
    Did you bump into them recently at WonderCon?

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl's pal View Post
    I would love if Tucker did a Superman: Brave and the Bold show to see what his version of Supergirl would be like. That would alleviate my disappointment of her not appearing on Batman: Brave and the Bold.
    I would not have guessed. Just kidding... We can continue this particular conversation in either of these threads:
    1. Who would you like to be the main star in Brave/Bold Spinoff?
    2. Would anyone like a new Brave and The Bold-type cartoon...
    3. Other Brave & Bold Storylines
    4. "Batman: The Brave & The Bold" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Diedrich Bader? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    I'm not sure who they'll get. I'd like if they could get Conroy back but I've grown to love both Diedrich Bader and Bruce Greenwood as well. If they're trying for a younger Bruce then I don't know who they could pick.
    I don't see Bader for this version of Batman either. I think we'll either see Romano return to the role or we will get someone new.
    "One can only adore the internet and the opportunity it has proffered to that unignorable segment of the vox populi that
    has the acumen of a breath mint but until the web, was blissfully denied a global voice."
    - Harlan Ellison, July 23, 2013

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd love Rino Romano to come back he was a solid Batman, I keep hoping he'll get cast in one of the DCU DTV's.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Sonic_Eclipse is offline Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought Rino Romano was an awesome Batman, and would love to see him in the role again.

I hope they cast him in an upcoming DTV too. Come to think of it I haven't heard Rino in much of anything lately other than commercials.

I doubt they'll cast Conroy or Greenwood in this seeing as its supposed to be a young Batman. It'll most likely be someone new to the role.

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can count me in as another supporter of Rino Romano's return as Batman. I loved The Batman and was a bit disappointed that he didn't voice the character for the Year One DTV.

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anarky in a press release?! Wooohoooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd be willing to bet money that Batman's voice actor will be someone new...

But IF... and thats a big IF... they were to ask an actor to reprise the role, then yes, I'd give it to Rino Romano. But let's face it, he did a competent job, nothing to shout about really.

But lets face it, Kurtwood Smith is Gordon. So therefore it will be someone familiar yet new voicing Bats.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's probably somebody new. With my luck it won't be Richard Epcar, either.

TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Pacman7821 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not to sure about this.

I mean, I may check it out. I kind of wanted it to be 2D instead of CGI, and I don't hate CGI, its just that I preferred 2D.

I also don't understand why use Katana, why not Cassandra Cain? I mean, does Cassandra even appear in animation before? I mean, I know most fans know that Cain use to be Batgirl, but they don't have to make her Batgirl. (since the general public mostly think of Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, and I doubt they know that other characters were Batgirl at some point.)

They could call her Black Bat or something. I know I'm pretty new to the DCU, but it looks like they are making Katana a teen, when I believe she is a adult. If they wanted to have a teen ninja/sidekick, why not just use Cain? As far as I know she hasn't appear in animation before, and I think Katana has. I know some fans say that because most non-comic readers wouldn't know who Cain is, but I think that is more of a reason to add her, so more people will know about her.

Anyway, I'll check out at least the first few episodes.

FightingDreamer is offline Mutant on the Rise
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding Cassandra Cain: would it be nice to see her in animation? Sure. She's a great character, and you could do some neat Spider-Man-esque "expressive mask" stuff with her in animation. But this constant outcry whenever she doesn't appear is starting to seem a little silly to me.
    “Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash we have very little reason to be interested in them."-Pauline Kael

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast