toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    So the only thing that matters in a dramatization is writing? Non-sense, this isn't a novel. Design and direction are hugely important to conveying the story, beyond the brainstorming webs and treatments. The changing of the guns was a non-sensical change made to pander to non-sensical fears.
    But acting as those changing the guns is super important and ruins the show as a whole is equally as nonsensical.

I hate the gun change but I stick to my belief that if no one knew the weapons were being changed no one would make a big deal out of it. I believe we should never have been told the change was being done for editing purposes. If we never knew the guns were changed there would be far less complaints. Really we already have a fantastic fictional world that can't happen in our world, one with mutant freaks, mind controlling doctors and a man who dresses as a bat to fight them. Is it really that Unbelievable that pulse guns exist in a would where a element man like Metamorpho exists?

Yes design and direction are very important but something as minor as a weapon change does not make those things bad.

Anyway just because Joker and other more popular villains are not going to be in the first season does not mean they won't show up later. They are giving other villains a chance I see nothing wrong there.

Honestly I just hate the idea of dismissing a show people have not seen. It would be like judging a book by it's cover, or a movie by the trailer and so on. the only way people can know if a show is good or not is when they actually see it. Yes sometimes shows end up as bad as people fear they would but most of the time that does not happen. It seems for every Loonitics (A show as bad as our initial fears) there are ten Brave and the Bolds (A show far better then our initial fears) Your opinion may vary those are just the examples I used.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not arguing that the change ruins the entirety of the show. I do believe it compromises the show, however.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, they could maybe bring back the machine guns in a hypothetical season 2, once the whole thing dies down.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    I'm not arguing that the change ruins the entirety of the show. I do believe it compromises the show, however.
    I don't see how. The Show is not even out yet. How do we know it won't organically fit with the setting. it's not like the show is aiming for realism Not with the likes of Mr. Toad and Metamorpho.

I will say this for the hundredth time. If they never brought up that they were making the change most of us would just thing the pulse guns were a design choice and not an edit. They should not have told us. It would have seemed to just be a design choice.

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I got the dc nation magazine. Aside from some games, there's not much that didn't leak but I havent been able to download the comic with the code given in the back- presumably, it's the same as the btb preview,

reflection is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo
    Yeah, it seems they've framed Anarky as Batman's arch but since this series starts out with Wayne being Batman for 5-6 years only...maybe the Joker doesn't even exist yet? Just speculating, but given what we know about Anarky and Professor Pyg, perhaps they've absorbed some organized rackets into their gang and Jack Napier is one of the gangsters working for one of them. And we could see him from time to time in a recurring role, eventually witnessing his transformation season 3-ish.
    I really like that idea. I'm optimistic about this show's approach as someone who doesn't read the comics.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K.

I don't agree with that. I'm not gonna deny Joker's important place in Batman mythos, but the thing about their dynamic, is that Joker is the only one truly dependent in Batman's presence. Batman fought crime before the Joker showed up, and he will continue his work if the Joker is gone. Joker, however, is an entirely different story. Granted, I am on the belief that the "no Joker" rule will last in the first season and most, and might show up later, but for now, I don't really miss him.

You can also blame my stance on the overuse of the Joker in media lately. He saturated much of the third and final season of Brave and the Bold, he has another awful and overdrawn event in the comics right now, and apparently, even the Batman games would rather go backward in time just to feature the Joker again. Don't even get me started on the plot hi-jack in Arkham City.
    Hey, at least before Scott Snyder's Joker event you didn't have the Joker In any batman comics for about a year.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Geodude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Awful and overdrawn"? Great job judging something that's barely started and you therefore know little to nothing about. You'd think a prominent, reasonable poster here wouldn't jump to conclusions like that.

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    "Awful and overdrawn"? Great job judging something that's barely started and you therefore know little to nothing about. You'd think a prominent, reasonable poster here wouldn't jump to conclusions like that.
    Was this bump really necessary?

I am allowed to have my reservations over something whenever I please and regardless of my status. Truth is, I haven't seen a good comic event in several years, and the fact that DC and Marvel tend to constantly flood the industry with them makes me wary of them. From what I've read of the first issue, it seems like the same, tired, and old attempt to make the Joker as overly gritty and violent as possible. It disappoints me to say this of Snyder, since I enjoyed most of his work on Dark Mirror and Gates of Gotham, and I liked the initial issues and concept of the Court of Owls. But there's nothing particularly appealing or exciting about this new event, and the attempts to tie it in to the other comics have been sloppy. If the event turns out to be great, then I will admit I was wrong. But the initial issue, the publicity around it, and the interviews with the crew so far do not give me any reason to be optimistic.

Speaking of Snyder, I do hope the show also takes some inspiration from his work. I would love to see the Court of Owls as major antagonists (and hopefully with a better ending than the actual comic event), and the Architect would look great and fit in this show's aesthetic appeal.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry if anyone else has said this, since it's been a while since I've posted here, but...

1. I think it's weird that they are using the name "The League of Assassins" when they could easily use the much cooler and much more kid-friendly name "The League of Shadows" instead.

2. I don't mind Alfred using some sort of hightech pulse-gun or whatever. Makes more sense since I had a problem with him using real guns, simply because Batman should have a problem with it.

3. Batman's ears are still too long and skinny for my taste. They still look like insect antennas to me.