toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Into the Abyss"

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll

12 50.00%
  • ****1/2

4 16.67%

8 33.33%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
    He never admitted to laying a pinhole trap specifically, especially this one (as it wasn't a trap). What he admitted to was that he was the one who planned out the GL traps like the ones he and Zox sprung on Rev and the unnamed(?) Frontier Lantern who Zox killed at the beginning of the series.
    Ah, definitely misinterpreted that line of dialogue. I must have jumped the gun upon seeing the whirlpool colored reddish-pink.

The Frontier Lantern was named M'ten.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I'm thinking she has more power than regular Green Lantern's power ring. Consider when Hal Jordan tapped into the Interceptor's power reserve in the pilot and how he totally blasted Razer and Zox off the planet.
    That makes sense. If her new body has both a ring and a personal battery built into it, then she can use as much power as she wants and never has to worry about recharging. Maybe the other GLs can use her to recharge their own rings on the fly as well, in situations where they can't reach their own batteries or the ship's engine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McSantos View Post
    That makes sense. If her new body has both a ring and a personal battery built into it, then she can use as much power as she wants and never has to worry about recharging. Maybe the other GLs can use her to recharge their own rings on the fly as well, in situations where they can't reach their own batteries or the ship's engine.
    Excellent idea, as well. If this pans out, in theory, Aya has the capacity to pull off some mega energy constructs that a regular GL couldn't.

The Dark Lord is offline 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From Kilowog and Razer "shaking hands" to the escape from the pinhole, that was AWESOME! Might be my favorite episode so far!

Omeganian is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    Although I can't help but draw a parallel between this and a certain character in 'Mass Effect 3', I felt this handled the topic/trope a hell of a lot better.
    I, personally, was strongly reminded of the Andromeda by the entire episode. Anyone else?

FightingDreamer is offline Mutant on the Rise
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another solid episode. Laundry list!:

-I like that Kilowog and Razer are NOT best buds as a result of this. They just don't want to kill each other all the time now. It's a small, but important, first step.

-The Aya misdirect worked on me as well; I too thought they were the hatchlings screwing things up. The full reveal of her "body" was pretty cool.

-I like that they keep coming back to Razer as something of a scientist/thinker amongst the Red Lanterns. It makes the organization more nuanced than just having everyone fight and nobody for other tasks.

-Yay, a Matt Wayne script! And I totally see his hand in this exchange: "Only insects and vermin hatch from eggs." "I hatched from an egg." "My point exactly."

-The constant sense of tension was very well done, especially come climax time.
    “Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash we have very little reason to be interested in them."-Pauline Kael

CyclonatorZ is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Four episodes in, and this show just keeps impressing me. Sure, it may not be as complex or feature as many characters as Young Justice, but it still is an incredibly well-produced and enjoyable 22 weekly minutes. The incredible staging and expressive animation continues to blow me away, and the soundtrack is easily the most epic of any superhero show I've watched besides Batman: TAS. As others have said, this episode was also a nice change from the typical good-versus-evil plots of the first three episodes. For a while there, I was suspecting their might be something else going on with the mysterious cargo, and the apparent reveal of the aliens' destructive nature only seemed to confirm those fears. Ah, I love misdirection.

I can't wait to see what the writers will do with next week's cliche "fight for the princess" plot. Speaking of which, has anyone found it rather annoying that the initial plot summaries for the previous two episodes (the ones on the World's Finest episode guide) actually describe their respective endings? Razer didn't join the team until the end of Razer's Edge, and Aya didn't debut her new robotic body until the last few seconds of this one.

"Two thousand five hundred tons of awesome!" Dr. Newton Geiszler, accurately summing up Pacific Rim.

jak d ripr is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved this episode, the fight between razer and kilowog was really well animated(if a lil short) and the writing had me laughing the whole way through. I was literally on the edge of my seat until the conclusion, in fact, were it not for the generally inconsequential plot this would prolly be my favorite episode of the season so far. Loving aya's new body, and I wonder how razer is gonna go about recharging his ring. Can't wait for next weeks episode, seriously if the minor episodes are this awesome, can't wait till we have the ones that actually move the plot forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jak d ripr View Post
    Loving aya's new body, and I wonder how razer is gonna go about recharging his ring.
    There are more fights with the Red Lanterns coming up, which should provide plenty of opportunities for Razer to steal a battery from one of his former comrades.

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another quality episode, one thing though what is it with this show and creepy crawlies?

I do wish Razer had actually been given a Green Lantern ring but I'm wondeirng if that will come later (if at all).

I really do like the CGI on this show, it definitley works best for Green Lantern.

Hal Jordan trying that sling shot move was so Hal Jordan they've nailed the character on this show.

Can't wait to see more of this show.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywoodhogan View Post
    Another quality episode, one thing though what is it with this show and creepy crawlies?
    Arthropods are basically several hard surfaces connected at multiple joints/hinges. This makes them conveniently easier to animate in CG then their more flexible cousins, the chordates (including humans).

I do wish Razer had actually been given a Green Lantern ring but I'm wondeirng if that will come later (if at all).
    Spoiler:
    It was confirmed in an old interview that's where his character arc will take him. I'm thinking they'll save it for either the halfway point or the end of the season.

Hal Jordan trying that sling shot move was so Hal Jordan they've nailed the character on this show.
    The one thing I thought was off was Hal telling Razer he should be afraid of death. He's right of course, but Hal telling someone else they should be afraid of something is the most ironic thing ever.

McRowdy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even though I've come to enjoy Young Justice this episode did something for me that it hasn't been able to do so far, and that's to keep me he on the edge of my seat from the start of the conflict to the end. No easy feat either, usually it's pretty easy for me to see where the story is going to head and come up with answer as to how things will be resolved.

There's a nice contrast in character drama between this and YJ too. The more teen highschool drama of YJ and the personaliity conflicts of this series. It's stand out pretty sharp in this back to back block they have.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love using Green Lanterns as this all-purpose space cop/emergency worker. Really great episode, I'm just hoping we get to see some recurring plots and characters, which may be hard given the set-up of this part of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert McSantos View Post
    I'm wondering how that'll play into the Manhunters, if they still have that background...or even if the Alpha Lanterns will appear on this show.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mr. Volpe posted six pages of storyboard thumbs for the episode:
    1. Page One
    2. Page Two
    3. Page Three
    4. Page Four
    5. Page Five
    6. Page Six

Really getting a kick out of these things, really neat look at the production process.

Gravitea is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good episode.

One scene I found hilarious would have to be when Hal told Razer and Kilowog to shake hands, they shook fists instead. I also liked how Kilowog and Razer weren't that keen about working together at first, but learnt to appreciate each other a bit better.
    From one choice, a universe is created...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2