toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Young Justice "Agendas"

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll

25 59.52%
  • ****1/2

7 16.67%

6 14.29%
  • ***1/2

2 4.76%

1 2.38%
  • **1/2

1 2.38%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLeagExpansio View Post
    Blue Devil was declined,wasn't he?
    He was still on the list of new member candidates, which was my point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    (well Batman probably has an inkling ).
    And we all know he'll never tell anyone anything about his little "inkling."

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. Problem is it doesn't fit the intro. The intro made it seemed like there was a specific reason.
    You know, I had been approaching this the way Yojimbo had explained it, but in the broader perspective, knowing that the next season is subtitled "Invasion" and knowing that there is Apocalypian weapons in use on Earth; there might be a drive to bolster numbers with an undertone that the Justice League has a feeling something is about to happen.

That being said, I wonder if this universe knows about Darkseid yet. There's been enough hints that they HAVE encountered things from Apocalypse before but that doesn't necessarily mean they've actually had an encounter with him yet.

Like I suggested in last week's thread, I am not ruling out Martians being involved with Invasion some how. Heck, the Red Martians and Darkseid might be collaborating or something.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I finally got a chance to watch this episode earlier this week. I thought it was great. Like others have already mentioned, I also enjoyed the Justice League meeting more than the Superboy plot. Superboy's story was definitely interesting, but I liked the insights we got with the Justice League members talking and the debates they were having. It was interesting to hear them discussing the issue of age, especially with Miss Martian's actual age in mind, and talking about if Captain Marvel should be kicked out given that he's technically ten years old. It was nice that Batman was in favor of letting him stay and the whole letting Robin fight his parents' murders so that he wouldn't be like Batman. It would have been nice to hear the outcome of their vote at the end though.

The Superboy plot was pretty good too. I liked that even after their first fight, Superboy wanted to free Match. I wasn't expecting Superboy to be a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor. I have a feeling that keeping those patches will cause more trouble for Superboy. They could have a negative effect on his body or more likely, cause him to depend on Lex in the future. I also think that Lex was just trying to manipulate him with saying why Superman wants to avoid him. I doubt that Superman knows about Superboy's human DNA when he wasn't even aware that he had a clone in the first place. That Red Sun bit at the end also makes me think that Superboy could be the mole and not realize it. Overall, it was a great episode. I hope that this week's episode will be fun to watch too.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.C.Reaf View Post
    "no additional need for manpower?" Then what do you call all those other heroes that cameoed in that episode? They seemed to need a lot of additional manpower trying to save everyone from the Injustice League.

Thinking about it the heroes up for League membership are the ones that were saving people in Revelations, weren't they? Maybe because they were such a big help they were considered ready for the League.
    Yeah, except for the Atom.

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Yeah, except for the Atom.
    Maybe the Atom was there helping out and we just couldn't see him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stop Hitting Yourself, Stop Hitting Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
    Take the two actions together, and combine them with what we know of Conner. Match was created to replace Superman, just like Conner. Only somewhere along the line, the part about "should the need arise" didn't sink in, either due to his Swiss cheese DNA screwing with his head or Luthor just neglecting to have that part programmed in. In Match's mind, his job is to remove and replace Superman. Anyone wearing that S does need to watch out for him, because he sees them as an obstacle.

Never mind waiting to see how Weisman and Vietti resolve this in their own time. What makes you so sure it will be resolved in such a way that Kal-el could take him under his wing?

On the whole Superboy/Superman relationship thing, I really don't get the angst about Superman's attitude. He's not the boy's father, and the boy is not his son. A more apt relationship would be a long lost brother you never knew existed...who has a very real chance of only being around to steal your inheritance. His very existence is a constant reminder to Supes that he has been violated genetically by some unquestionably shady individuals. It's a testament to Supes' character that his initial reaction wasn't to want to "kill if with fire"...

Being Lex Luthor, I find it more likely that the only words out of his mouth that were actual lies were the ones that had to be lies in order for him to get the desired result. Prodigious use of the truth is always the best way to sell a lie.

That said, the patches are a way to control Conner, and nanites or control words are hardly necessary to use them as such. Power is a drug just as much as crack or weed. Only more addictive.

It'll start out innocuous enough. Conner will find himself in a position where he feels he needs more power to save the Team, so he'll use a shield. After another successful use, the next situation where he feels he'd needs it will be just a bit simpler. Pretty soon, he'll be slapping one on to get out of bed in the morning, and at that point Lex owns him.
    IDK why Superman gets so little sympathy, but I'm on Team Superman all the way. It's an all around unfair/messed up situation and I feel for Superboy. But only a naive fool would say to a complete stranger who was cloned without permission from your DNA with the intent to kill and/or replace you.

"Here's my secret identity, my address, my hometown, my strengths and weaknesses, my family, and while I'm at it here's my credit card numbers and internet passwords." "Now don't turn around and use that information against me. Even though thats your sole reason for existing."

Not telling the JL or the Team about his field trip to Cadmus is going to bite Superboy in the butt. This only proves that Superman is right in not trusting him.

I thought we'd hit the self hatred sweepstakes with Miss Martian, but Match has her beat by a mile. He simultaneously hates the mere sight of the "S" yet feels naked without it. I guess he's really into protecting Superman's trademarks.

I'm disappointed that Match didn't turn out to be a Thailog in training playing both Lex Luthor and Superboy into releasing him.

I see that Superboy had no learning curve when using the patches. Plus it's implied that he'll never truly BE Superman because he's half human. I can see how very easy it will be for Lex to manipulate SB, he's sooooo needy. He won't even have to use trigger phrases, just dangle the super patches at him and it'll go down exactly as you described it.

SB was a naive fool in thinking that Match could be reasoned with especially when he attacks everything with an "S" like a bull seeing red. He can never be released. Of course he will be back.

I too am disappointed in both the Watchtower (looks like a rock with windows in space) and Mt Justice. I can't believe Zatanna is okay living there- it's got no windows, which is fine for hiding Supes' clone, the Martian, and the Robot. Good thing she's not claustrophobic.

I liked the JL's membership meeting. I was disappointed that John Stewart didn't speak up when Superman and Wonder Woman nominated Icon & Rocket. I don't believe for a second that Bats knew that Captain Marvel was 10 years old. He's such a know it all he can't stand for anybody to think they've gotten the better of the almighty Batman. I'm glad Wonder Woman called him out on his Kony 2012 ways. It's good to see that Zatara is influencing Dr. Fate, it must stink to be trapped in there all alone- not even Kent Nelson to talk to.

Thanksgiving is a rotten day to have a meeting- I know Red, the Hawks, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman don't celebrate, but The Kents, Alfred, The Wests, M'gann, & Zatanna would've liked everyone home. Though Robin's probably used to it.

Superman thinking Captain Marvel is from Krypton is probably a reference to the lawsuit DC filed against his original comics company about copyright infringment. Plus I think it's sweet that he sees CM and Icon as contemporaries.

I find it very curious that Speedy's uncle works at Cadmus. Which raises several questions:

Why is Green Arrow raising his nephew? Why couldn't Roy live with him? Does Roy live with him currently?

How would "Independence Day" have gone if Speedy had gone with Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad to Cadmus?

If Guardian works for Cadmus/Lex Luthor and Speedy is related to him that makes him no better than Artemis, so he should really get off his high horse. And doesn't this make him a little suspicious too? Me thinks he doth protest too much.

maczero is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
    On the whole Superboy/Superman relationship thing, I really don't get the angst about Superman's attitude. He's not the boy's father, and the boy is not his son. A more apt relationship would be a long lost brother you never knew existed...
    I disagree. I consider an original/clone relationship more akin to a parent/child relationship because the clone/child is spawned from the original/parent. Now, I'm not saying Supes has any parental responsibility towards Conner. It's just that the sibling analogy doesn't work for me when it comes to clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman02 View Post
    I realize I am probably the only one who feels this way but...

The whole idea of the "trinity" has always ticked me off. I don't like the way Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman were standing in front of the other heroes lecturing them. Batman, okay, he's the current leader. But what right do Superman and Wonder Woman have to lecture the other heroes as though they are their subordinates? What makes them better than them? Are they the most powerful? And, if so, does that give them any more moral authority? Are Flash and Green Lantern second rate? How about Captain Marvel and Dr. Fate? Are they second rate? Is there one single hero on the team who wouldn't lay down their life of an innocent? Doesn't that make them equals? Does the so-called trinity see themselves as being superior to the other members of the league, and if so, would the likes of Hal Jordan and Aquaman, for example, ever stand for it?
    You could always go with an in story reason why the Trinity stand above the others. For instance, Supes and Diana could simply be co-chairs for the League in Batman's absence.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net

Geodude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    You could always go with an in story reason why the Trinity stand above the others. For instance, Supes and Diana could simply be co-chairs for the League in Batman's absence.
    Or that Batman has known them the longest.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314