toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Am I right in thinking Superboy is the only character to be in every episode?
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Lord Sidious is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup

Superboy is in every episode

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I was going through the WonderCon teaser and grabbed some of the unnamed folk. Thumbnails in spoiler tag below.

Spoiler:

1) Glorious Godfrey? Morgan Edge?

2) Sardath and Adam Strange?

3) Two with Superboy and Miss Martian

And what the heck, two more.

Spoiler:

The Invasion logo

Blue Beetle

In the third one

Spoiler:
    There's a girl with black hair and a jet pack tied up next to the kids. I think that might be Alanna Strange.
    http://www.comicvine.com/alanna-strange/29-11262/
    Especially since it looks like Rann, the planet from the Adam Strange books, and Greg said there'd be an episode taking place there.

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Yup

Superboy is in every episode
    Wonder why he's the only one
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywoodhogan View Post
    Wonder why he's the only one
    I think it was to purposely differentiate from Teen Titans with Robin being the focal hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Robin has used bolas to keep Shimmer from being able to use her arms in the battles, twice now. She's been shown to know martial arts on Robin's level, at least according to Lord Kobra. But I have to wonder if him blindsiding Shimmer and using bolas to restrain her has to do with her powers from the comics.

She needed her arms/hands free to be able to transmute matter (turn the oxygen in your lungs to water for instance, or air into poison gas, flesh to glass, ect.). Her powers were very dangerous and lethal, but only worked in an area about 3 feet from her body, and only lasted for a few minutes at a time (still long enough to drown someone, poison them to death, or shatter them though).

If she does possess this power on Earth-16 it would explain why Robin always targets her and disables her before she even gets a chance to act. Robin obviously encountered Lord Kobra before "Drop-Zone" due to his familiarity with him, so he likely already knew of Shimmer's powers before that mission. It's possible that issue #17 of the tie-in comic that comes out in June may shed some light on this.

So far I view Shimmer's failed battles as a result of her serving bodyguard duty both times she's been bola-ed. Since she has to stay near the person she's guarding, she has to wait for her enemies to come to her and get in range. If she wasn't forced to be immobile, next to the person she's supposed to be guarding, she could evade attacks easier and actively pursue her opponents. And it still isn't clear if she lost on purpose both times to achieve some goal of the Light. Was she captured and sent to Belle Reve on purpose to help with the escape attempt like the ice villains were? Was she supposed to lose on purpose in "Usual Suspects" so the Team would hand the case over to the League, so that the League would be infected by Starro?

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Also he lives in Happy Harbour and isn't a sidekick and doesn't really maintain a secret identity. How many eps was M'gann in? Could it be all but the first?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Also he lives in Happy Harbour and isn't a sidekick and doesn't really maintain a secret identity. How many eps was M'gann in? Could it be all but the first?
    Yes, Miss Martian's been in every episode except for the first one.

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So the same logic applies to her as well. Superboy and M'gann don't have other obligations so they can be around and have to be accounted for. Also a telepathic telekinetic shape shifter and a strong man are good for most missions.

AlvinDraper is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What I'd really like in the future are more undercover jobs, they've been some of my favourite episodes. The Daring Dangers, the Terror twins, I just really want to see what other kind of undercover jobs the Team would do and how the characters fit their roles. Also more school scenes would be really cool, most especially Happy Harbor. Sadly with how Season 2 seems to be set up (action and nonstop movement from what I've heard) it looks like those two things won't really be featured much or even needed. However, Invasion still looks like it's going to be epic and I can't wait till it starts in only two weeks .
    I really hope we get a Season 3 (heck I'd love if we got up to a season 10 but yeah...)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If at all possible I'd love to see more of the children's school/civilian lives during season 2. Maybe introduce Linda Park at Wally's school or spend more time showing Artemis' and Dick's hijinks at the Gotham Academy. As much as Greg has said Wally is supposed to be the one normal, anchor character for the audience, I don't think he's been exploited enough in that capacity.

The Clown Prince is offline My God carries a big Hammer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So it's been a while since I checked into this thread and I have a few questions...

Are we currently in season 2 with "The Usual Suspects" having just aired? If so, what episode number in season 2 is this?

I seem to remember that season 2 originally had an initial order of 10 episodes. Has that been expanded upon? I know Young Justice was named in CN's press release of shows that were renewed.
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf in 'The Fellowship of the Ring'

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clown Prince View Post
    So it's been a while since I checked into this thread and I have a few questions...

Are we currently in season 2 with "The Usual Suspects" having just aired? If so, what episode number in season 2 is this?

I seem to remember that season 2 originally had an initial order of 10 episodes. Has that been expanded upon? I know Young Justice was named in CN's press release of shows that were renewed.
    No, we are currently in Season 1 "Usual Suspects" was the 25 episode. Season 2 will air in 2 weeks and has a current order of 20 episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clown Prince View Post

Not yet. This past episode was #25 of 26 from season one. Two more weeks till season two ep 1.

Edit: ninja'd. It's funny that Avengers EMH season two and YJ season two are practically running subsequently.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalAvalanche View Post
    So far I view Shimmer's failed battles as a result of her serving bodyguard duty both times she's been bola-ed.
    Nah, it has more to do with her being blind-sided; people on bodyguard detail pay more attention to their immediate surroundings, not less, and need to stay alert near combat or their principal is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    It's funny that Avengers EMH season two and YJ season two are practically running subsequently.
    I was very disappointed that the two series I like well enough to pay for on iTunes had such obnoxious, long breaks!

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    In the third one

Spoiler:
    There's a girl with black hair and a jet pack tied up next to the kids. I think that might be Alanna Strange.
    http://www.comicvine.com/alanna-strange/29-11262/
    Especially since it looks like Rann, the planet from the Adam Strange books, and Greg said there'd be an episode taking place there.
    Good point, could be. If that is Rann, there's a short list of who it could be.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The whole podcast is a great listen but if you're strapped for time, the aforementioned line is at the 53:14 to 53:32 mark. Also
    Spoiler:
    to nitpick, LaMarr only said Virgil Hawkins would be introduced. It will be interesting to see he's introduced first as a civilian then becomes a hero like the others Weisman hinted at.
    Spoiler:
    Interesting thought. I was wondering if perhaps we might see some of Raquel's life in Dakota and maybe a brief glimpse of Virgil as a civilian. It could be as simple as them attending the same school and her simply not yet knowing he's Static. While her origin could have been changed up (though Usual Suspects at least confirmed that she still convinced Icon to become a superhero), in the original comics, she met Icon on the same night that Virgil and the other Dakota teens got their powers from the Big Bang.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Spoiler:
    Interesting thought. I was wondering if perhaps we might see some of Raquel's life in Dakota and maybe a brief glimpse of Virgil as a civilian. It could be as simple as them attending the same school and her simply not yet knowing he's Static. While her origin could have been changed up (though Usual Suspects at least confirmed that she still convinced Icon to become a superhero), in the original comics, she met Icon on the same night that Virgil and the other Dakota teens got their powers from the Big Bang.
    Spoiler:
    True, that would be a great scenario. Rocket's origin is already a bit modified since she admitted she was inspired by "The Sidekicks" to be a hero. Since she became Rocket in May, and if the staff kept the Big Bang happened around the same time, that would be a big coincidence given all the Light activity... as the greenman suggested, tying it in may be a bold move.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Dorko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    If I recall correctly, in the comics, Rocket's mother owned or managed a little restaurant where Virgil worked as a bus boy until his super heroics interfered enough to get him fired. So that could be where he shows up.
    I am the only being on the internet to call himself Dorko and still have dignity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    True, that would be a great scenario. Rocket's origin is already a bit modified since she admitted she was inspired by "The Sidekicks" to be a hero. Since she became Rocket in May, and if the staff kept the Big Bang happened around the same time, that would be a big coincidence given all the Light activity... as the greenman suggested, tying it in may be a bold move.
    Spoiler:
    Static and Blood Syndicate were dependent upon the Big Bang. Icon & Rocket and Hardware were not. So if Virgil Hawkins shows up civilian, he may or may not be Static yet. This show could theoretically show the Big Bang if some of the Team goes to Dakota.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast