toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Young Justice - "Coldhearted"

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll

15 34.09%
  • ****1/2

11 25.00%

15 34.09%
  • ***1/2

1 2.27%

2 4.55%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Road to Gotham View Post
    Good Episode, 'B'.

Why would it take Wally 4 hours to run from Boston to Seattle?
    Even with the snow it shouldn't take him more then then a few minutes to cross the country.
    Four hours was how long the heart was viable to be used in the transplant. He did it in under four hours time. It wasn't just snow per say, it was extreme ice storms.

The production crew has tinkered with power levels with Kid Flash, he's not at his peak yet. Since he can't vibrate through walls yet, it wouldn't be a stretch that he can't run the fastest he can. It's been stated that he's not as fast as the Flash and thinks he may never be - online and one or two of the tie in comics.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Skaddix is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Four hours was how long the heart was viable to be used in the transplant. He did it in under four hours time. It wasn't just snow per say, it was extreme ice storms.

The production crew has tinkered with power levels with Kid Flash, he's not at his peak yet. Since he can't vibrate through walls yet, it wouldn't be a stretch that he can't run the fastest he can. It's been stated that he's not as fast as the Flash and thinks he may never be - online and one or two of the tie in comics.
    He says he is running just under the speed of the sound. Speed of sound is about 761 MPH, cross country run is about 2,500 miles although its going to be longer since he stuck to the major roads. so lets say he ran at 750 MPH that means it should take him 3 hours and 20 minutes assuming no delays he lost 15 minutes fighting Savage so that is 3 hours and 35 minutes which is close to his leftover time of 20 minutes. This quick calculations are 5 minutes off.

So he is pretty fast. Obviously not comic level since Flashes got Lightspeed and even FTL easy there. But If I remember correctly Wally once got to reduced about this level.

Zergrinch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was surprised that the four hour time limit for excised hearts is medical fact.

I suspect if YJ was set in 2012 instead of 2011, Wally's 4-hour deadline would not be four hours!

EVIL SPOILER

reflection is online now Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    He says he is running just under the speed of the sound. Speed of sound is about 761 MPH, cross country run is about 2,500 miles although its going to be longer since he stuck to the major roads. so lets say he ran at 750 MPH that means it should take him 3 hours and 20 minutes assuming no delays he lost 15 minutes fighting Savage so that is 3 hours and 35 minutes which is close to his leftover time of 20 minutes. This quick calculations are 5 minutes off.

So he is pretty fast. Obviously not comic level since Flashes got Lightspeed and even FTL easy there. But If I remember correctly Wally once got to reduced about this level.
    Good post. Google Maps says the trip is about 3000 miles driving, so assuming he cut corners along the way, your calculations still work. It shows again how well thought out this show is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    i was surprised that the four hour time limit for excised hearts is medical fact.

I suspect if YJ was set in 2012 instead of 2011, Wally's 4-hour deadline would not be four hours!
    Cool article but for the show's present is set in 2010 if it had to be pinned to a year. Mr. Weisman said this on one of his Ask Greg replies.

ndb
    ndb is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got around to watching this episode. Before this episode, the only thing that kept me watching was the billant animation. Other than that this series has made me go "meh". But this episode was extraordinary! I was spellbound and even to stp and think "it's only a cartoon". I was shcked both times when "the girl didn't make it", which usually I can point out a plot twist a mile away.

***** Stars!

Nygma is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K. View Post
    Wally learned to prioritize better than before. While he was still doing the mission, he was being whiny about it, and didn't mind wasting time battling Vandal Savage even after the cops were saved. It didn't hit him how important his mission was until he thought the girl was dead, and how his potential screw up could have cost someone his life.
    Also him learning to prioritize better in this episode will hopefully help him to learn to prioritize more in another area in his life, if you know what I mean.
    "Don't cry over spilled milk, get angry and punch a cow!"
    -Stephen Colbert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was this the first time a timestamp actively changed on screen? I swore for the first timestamp, it changed from 07:15 to 07:16 and thus Wally's alarm rang.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Was this the first time a timestamp actively changed on screen? I swore for the first timestamp, it changed from 07:15 to 07:16 and thus Wally's alarm rang.
    Just checked for myself, and nice catch, that's awesome.

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "When I heard authorities were cordoning off this highway for a speedster, I assumed I'd be confronting Flash himself. He and I are due for a reckoning".

A hint that Barry Allen might meet his apparent demise in a later episode, like he did in the comics? It would be interesting to see Wally deal with that. While Zatanna is having to cope with something similar, Zatara is still alive, albeit possessed. Barry would be displaced in space/time. Then again, this might not happen due to Greg Weisman's dislike of the speed force.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Nygma is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nygma View Post
    Also him learning to prioritize better in this episode will hopefully help him to learn to prioritize more in another area in his life, if you know what I mean.
    Ha! I was right. BOW BEFORE ME MORTALS!
    "Don't cry over spilled milk, get angry and punch a cow!"
    -Stephen Colbert

TheFlash4444 is offline "Babe you rock."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBTrilogy100 View Post
    Today's episode marks another "spotlight episode" for the team's speedster and it's a special day for him, too!
    Ah I love your recaps DB. Describes my exact feelings on the episode! One of my favorites and this episode pretty much explains why I love Wally so much.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 05-07-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Mod Note: No real need to quote it all

Geodude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A tidbit from Ask Greg that I never realized before: He referred to the doctor that came in from the cold as Dr. Cross. Could that be Pieter Cross, before he became Dr. Mid-Nite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    A tidbit from Ask Greg that I never realized before: He referred to the doctor that came in from the cold as Dr. Cross. Could that be Pieter Cross, before he became Dr. Mid-Nite?
    Correct. I believe the character was even credited as Pieter Cross at the end of the episode in the VA section or Weisman's post. And yeah, it appears he's just a surgeon at this point.

Geodude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if he's now Dr. Mid-Nite after the 5 year gap. He'd be the perfect medic for the League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I wonder if he's now Dr. Mid-Nite after the 5 year gap. He'd be the perfect medic for the League.
    Hmm, good point. Essentially with the time skip, I'm sure fans are looking back at characters from season one who were in a supporting role and have had superhero I.D.'s in the comics and asking the same question.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7