toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - Young Justice - "Misplaced"

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll

26 46.43%
  • ****1/2

12 21.43%

12 21.43%
  • ***1/2

2 3.57%

1 1.79%
  • **1/2

1 1.79%

1 1.79%
  • *1/2

1 1.79%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Gold Guy is offline I kan spel grate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Well, as usual, a really good episode. Nothing much else to say, since I'm sure that everyone else has already said it.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

quigonkenny is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorko View Post
    Since this Greg Weisman we're talking about here, and he's stated the "No Endor Holocaust" rules didn't apply to his prior shows....yeah. Best not to consider the full implications of the split spell.
    Like the fact that every child on every plane that was either coming in for a landing or didn't have enough fuel to last the duration of the spell died in a fiery explosion because the pilots of their planes disappeared?

Luckily, this is a children's cartoon, so little details like that get glossed over...

As for Amber's plane, it was still sitting in the hangar in the adult world, so when she was transferred there, there was no plane under her. Just like what happened with Billy/Captain Marvel. Lucky he didn't wait too long after she disappeared to make up his mind. The kid world version of her plane kept right on flying.

Speedy is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I can say is ZATARA! Well he was too over protective but still.

I'm very sure eighTEEN is still counted as a teenager. I guess the writer wanted speedy out of the picture =C.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I'm very sure eighTEEN is still counted as a teenager. I guess the writer wanted speedy out of the picture =C.
    Back on October 14th, 2011, Mr. Weisman revealed Roy graduated high school a month before the events of the pilot and decided to take a year off to focus on his super-heroic career. So basically, he's an adult.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 16, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
    Like the fact that every child on every plane that was either coming in for a landing or didn't have enough fuel to last the duration of the spell died in a fiery explosion because the pilots of their planes disappeared?

Luckily, this is a children's cartoon, so little details like that get glossed over...

As for Amber's plane, it was still sitting in the hangar in the adult world, so when she was transferred there, there was no plane under her. Just like what happened with Billy/Captain Marvel. Lucky he didn't wait too long after she disappeared to make up his mind. The kid world version of her plane kept right on flying.
    This is the main reason why I was surprised we didn't get the typical "everything went back to normal and the only people who remember it are the heroes and villains". Sure they needed to justify the additional consequences of The Light getting Starro, but wow. It doesn't take much to think of how horrible that was and how the League/Team were powerless to stop them.

Dorko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    This is the main reason why I was surprised we didn't get the typical "everything went back to normal and the only people who remember it are the heroes and villains". Sure they needed to justify the additional consequences of The Light getting Starro, but wow. It doesn't take much to think of how horrible that was and how the League/Team were powerless to stop them.
    This is a show from the maker of Gargoyles, where untold numbers New Yorkers died when Demona turned the city to stone...and smashed up some of the inhabitants. Woe be to any Earth-16 families that were cruising down the highway when the spell took effect.
    I am the only being on the internet to call himself Dorko and still have dignity.

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So technically, on the world in which no adults existed, the piece of Starro was still safely hidden away at Star Labs. Wouldn't that be funny if when the worlds reunified, the location of the Starro specimen was determined by its location in the children-only world?

I'll use the successful theft of Starro to assume the adult world locations trumped, and so Amber's plane was back where it belonged, and not crashed off the coast of Happy Harbor.

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorko View Post
    This is a show from the maker of Gargoyles, where untold numbers New Yorkers died when Demona turned the city to stone...and smashed up some of the inhabitants. Woe be to any Earth-16 families that were cruising down the highway when the spell took effect.
    There's also the Gargoyles episode where Oberon made everyone in New York fall asleep. All those deaths from car accidents, surgeons falling asleep during surgery, etc, are confirmed to have happened by Greg Weisman. So all these implications in this episode are not accidental.

Zergrinch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatHairyDeal View Post
    So technically, on the world in which no adults existed, the piece of Starro was still safely hidden away at Star Labs. Wouldn't that be funny if when the worlds reunified, the location of the Starro specimen was determined by its location in the children-only world?

I'll use the successful theft of Starro to assume the adult world locations trumped, and so Amber's plane was back where it belonged, and not crashed off the coast of Happy Harbor.
    One problem. Dr. Fate's helmet was still on Zatanna's head when the dimensions merged back

On the whole I think the most satisfactory handwave explanation would be that the object that had most recently travelled would retain its position after the merger. This would then explain why Fate's helmet remained on Zatanna's head, while Starro arm was in Riddler's possession. And would also mean Amber is in deep doo-doo.

Now, as to situations where teenagers are taking joyrides in their parents' cars, while the parents were out looking for them in said cars - right before the moment of merging... your guess is as good as mine

EVIL SPOILER

Gravitea is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found this episode to be very good. One of the biggest highlights would have to be how they used both Captain Marvel and Billy in this episode. I also liked how they showed both the world without adults and one without children. I also felt quite sorry for poor Zatanna.

One of the biggest highlights for me would have to be when Captain Marvel hugged both Batman and Zatara. The expressions on their face were priceless.
    n.
    Spoiler:
    Considering the fact that Batman told Zatara that Captain Marvel was missing and later asked him(Capt. Marvel) where he was in a suspicious tone, I take it that it meant that maybe Batman didn't actually know Billy's just a kid or he thought he was a shapeshifter than prefers pretending to be a kid?
    From one choice, a universe is created...

Zergrinch is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    On the whole I think the most satisfactory handwave explanation would be that the object that had most recently travelled would retain its position after the merger. This would then explain why Fate's helmet remained on Zatanna's head, while Starro arm was in Riddler's possession. And would also mean Amber is in deep doo-doo.

Now, as to situations where teenagers are taking joyrides in their parents' cars, while the parents were out looking for them in said cars - right before the moment of merging... your guess is as good as mine
    Well, looks like Greg confirms this explanation. Of course, nobody's asked him what the effect of two objects being simultaneously acted upon was. It's probably not important enough to clog up the queue

[top]Anonymous writes...

Since Starro's leg was moved in the adult dimension but not the kid dimension, yet The Light still had it when the worlds merged back together, then does that mean the adult dimension was the "real" world while the kids were sent to a pocket dimension, rather then things just being split? So the airplane is still uncrashed?

[top]Greg responds...

No. It means that whatever was ACTED upon takes precedent over what was not acted upon. So the Helmet of Fate stayed in Roanoke. The piece of the creature stayed with Riddler. And Amber's plane crashed.

EVIL SPOILER

Geodude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else find Captain Marvel's "I didn't disappear!" line really funny? I mean, think about it. If you really had disappeared, how would you know?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10