toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - DC Nation Programming Block!

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll

11 34.38%
  • ****1/2

6 18.75%

4 12.50%
  • ***1/2

3 9.38%

1 3.13%
  • **1/2

0 0%

2 6.25%
  • *1/2

1 3.13%

0 0%
  • 1/2

4 12.50%
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Toons4ever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

That new New Teen Titans short is diffidently my favorite one by far, I loved how they all reacted to there costume changes, especially Starfire's 80's costume , but could someone tell me who were those four other guys Robot Robin was with in the future?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toons4ever View Post
    but could someone tell me who were those four other guys Robot Robin was with in the future?
    The cast of "Titans: Scissors Paper Stone", a graphic novel by Adam Warren set 6000 years in the future. A group of unlikely heroes take on the identities of the Titans to try and defend their space colony home.

Kryten is offline I've been Pony'd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Starz View Post
    The New Teen Titans short was really funny. Also DC 1 Million Shout-out and Sari Sumdac cameo
    It's not Sari, it's a reference to the manga-inspired Elseworlds special Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone.
    Now 20% cooler

Toons4ever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    It's not Sari, it's a reference to the manga-inspired Elseworlds special Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone.
    Check it out, I found non chibi versions of them here:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hLwAOD9GM_...rick+Wyatt.jpg

Would have loved to see them in the series, but who knows, If the bring the show back they might have a shoot.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toons4ever View Post
    Check it out, I found non chibi versions of them here:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hLwAOD9GM_...rick+Wyatt.jpg

Would have loved to see them in the series, but who knows, If the bring the show back they might have a shoot.
    Yup. Derrick Wyatt posted it on his deviantArt page 8.5 hours ago. He said tried to pitch these Titans for an appearance on Teen Titans but it didn't happen. Lucky, he remembered to use them for the short after all that time.. Here's the link: Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone He originally blogged about them back on August 10, 2006... Whoa!
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Daxdiv is offline Hex Girl Yo! Space Invaders Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed both shorts. I really liked the Titans one more than Plastic Man, but I also got a laugh out of all the costume changes the Titans went though. I like everyone else loved Starfire's reaction to her 80's outfit. Makes me wonder what her reaction would be to her New 52 get up. :P

As for Plastic Man, I still love his Looney Tunes get up. Kind of felt like a parody to Duck Amuck, one of my favorite Looney Tunes shorts ever made.

Can't wait to see the new Super Best Friends segment next well,

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tune into DC Nation every Saturday at 10am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network!

DC Nation
    Saturdays at 10am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Encores Sundays at 10am (ET/PT).

Description: DC Nation is the Home of the World's Greatest Superheroes, with new shows like Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice. It also includes amazing shorts starring Batman, Superman, Teen Titans, Plastic Man and more of your favorites! Go behind the scenes with both the creators and fans of DC Comics. Get ready to join the DC Nation, only on Cartoon Network!

Discuss Week Nine of DC Nation! Comments?

Remember: Discuss 'Young Justice: Invasion' and 'Green Lantern: The Animated Series' in their respective talkback threads!

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loved SBFF as usual. I was surprised to see Big Blue show up; I kind of thought that the girls' adult counterparts would remain off-camera. Super-wedgie FTW.

Today's other short was another recycled MAD skit, but it was one of the better ones, so I won't complain.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Master Toon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Superman calling his mom to get Supergirl off of him was hilarious. If I were Batgirl and Wonder Girl I would've been laughing my butt off.

Dorko is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And I continue to want a Super Best Friends Forever half hour series. These minute long shorts are fun, but there's such potential.
    I am the only being on the internet to call himself Dorko and still have dignity.

supergirl's pal is offline Give us a SBFF Animated Series
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here are some more SBFF themed motivational posters for your enjoyment:

Spoiler:

Last edited by supergirl's pal; 05-01-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added some more posters.

jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't big on SBFF's version of Superman at first blush... but making his and Supergirl's fight into a big sibling squabble was clever. Relatable for sure and an interesting twist on Big Blue.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last week's New Teen Titans is my favorite short so far. Hilarious, great visual references, Mad Mod's theme music, they got so much in so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Yup. Derrick Wyatt posted it on his deviantArt page 8.5 hours ago. He said tried to pitch these Titans for an appearance on Teen Titans but it didn't happen. Lucky, he remembered to use them for the short after all that time.. Here's the link: Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone He originally blogged about them back on August 10, 2006... Whoa!
    Wow. That I was unaware of.

SBFF completes the trifecta by having a Supergirl-focused short. Her fight with Superman was amusing.

Teen Titanic had a lot of great gags, too. Beast Boy shape-shifting when Robin is trying to draw him, Aqualad pointing out he's not going to drown, etc.

Ya know, between the Animal Man short and Teen Titanic, I'm glad we're getting so much Captain Cold exposure. I hate it when people think he's a second rate Mr. Freeze...because Cold is awesome in his own right!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    Loved SBFF as usual. I was surprised to see Big Blue show up; I kind of thought that the girls' adult counterparts would remain off-camera. Super-wedgie FTW.
    Yeah, me too. I expected it to be like how Gotham Girls would never show Batman.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Hero Supreme is offline Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

Ya know, between the Animal Man short and Teen Titanic, I'm glad we're getting so much Captain Cold exposure. I hate it when people think he's a second rate Mr. Freeze...because Cold is awesome in his own right!

Yeah, me too. I expected it to be like how Gotham Girls would never show Batman.
    Just so you know, I am pretty sure the villain
    Spoiler:
    Solomon Grundy
    will be in an upcoming SBFF short.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DC Nation

Description: DC Nation is the Home of the World's Greatest Superheroes, with new shows like Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice. It also includes amazing shorts starring Batman, Superman, Teen Titans, Plastic Man and more of your favorites! Go behind the scenes with both the creators and fans of DC Comics. Get ready to join the DC Nation, only on Cartoon Network!

Discuss Week Ten of DC Nation! Comments?

Remember: Discuss 'Young Justice: Invasion' and 'Green Lantern: The Animated Series' in their respective talkback threads!

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Feel free to comment as the episode airs, too, providing your own commentary, though avoid successive posting. However, do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And please remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm kinda' surprised they allowed that Robin cosplayer's comment about Joker with a crowbar.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Animalman shorts were hilarious XD
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fans who wanted to see Cassandra Cain in DC Nation finally get their wish!

The Animal Man/Darkseid short perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know who did the character designs for the animal man short? I really liked the look of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DC Nation

Discuss Week Eleven of DC Nation! Comments?

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast