toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Very cool development. Though I don't play video games anymore, so I'll only be 'watching from afar' so to speak. I'm glad to see we're getting another tie-in in addition to the comics, the more the merrier.

12 vs. 12, seems like a battle royale type game. Wonder if we'll get cutscenes, from the same animation studios that work on the TV show, in between gameplay.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not coming out 'til 2013 and is presumably being written now or has just recently been written... so Wonder Girl could be in it. Yeah, I'm guessing the 12 heroes are the main 6, Zatanna, Red Arrow, Aquagirl (Tula), Tempest (Garth), Rocket and Wonder Girl. I may be wrong, but I figure that the teen heroes from the Comic-con playing cards stand a good chance, and that Wonder Girl is most likely to be selected out of any other teen heroes who may be appearing on the show.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    It's not coming out 'til 2013 and is presumably being written now or has just recently been written... so Wonder Girl could be in it. Yeah, I'm guessing the 12 heroes are the main 6, Zatanna, Red Arrow, Aquagirl (Tula), Tempest (Garth), Rocket and Wonder Girl. I may be wrong, but I figure that the teen heroes from the Comic-con playing cards stand a good chance, and that Wonder Girl is most likely to be selected out of any other teen heroes who may be appearing on the show.
    Since the game is set in between seasons 1 and 2, if Wonder Girl hasn't appeared by the season 1 finale she likely won't appear in the game. Plus Wonder Girl was still off-limits when season 1 was being broken down.

Dreyfus is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sounds like it might be an X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance type of game. That formula has worked pretty well for these kind of licensed superhero titles, where there is a big cast and a pre-established universe of characters. I enjoy playing those kind of games, but then again this might not have the same kind of audience, so it's difficult to say which way the developer's will go. I just hope they have enough production time so that it doesn't turn out to be just another poor tie-in release. Also, I wouldn't necessarily assume that Weisman and Vietti are writing the story themselves. They are listed as collaborators, so they would have input on the story, but someone else is probably writing the script.

EDIT: Apparently Little Orbit has a teaser trailer that will air after Season 2 begins.
    http://www.facebook.com/youngjustice...ent_id=1471685
    Also, according to their facebook page, the game has a tentative release window of February 2013.
    Last edited by Dreyfus; 02-23-2012 at 06:04 AM.

M.O.D.O.K. is online now Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Roster update with first six characters. None of them are surprising, but still:

http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

Ligaf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Something tells me the other six are going to be the adult mentors. I'm really hoping it's not.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligaf View Post
    Something tells me the other six are going to be the adult mentors. I'm really hoping it's not.
    My thought it is might be Red Arrow, Rocket and Zatanna but you might be right about the adult mentors. Though it could be one of those things where they don't want repeating power sets so I could see them not going with Red Arrow or Tula and Gartha. I briefly thought Batgirl too but that might be saved for the actual season 2.
    Last edited by RoryWilliams; 03-07-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The initial press release included "...cameo appearances of Justice League heroes..." so that implies they aren't playable, imo.

EDIT: Yup, I agree with RoryWilliams. There's still a couple episodes left in season one to reveal new characters, perhaps some of them will fill out the other six.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a bit more curious about the villain roster. Will we be fighting just fodder villains (Black Spider, Hook, the wizards in "Misplaced", etc.) or will we be seeing recurring ones (Sportsmaster, Cheshire). Will we be actually facing any member of the Light?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thought I'd mirror the new information in this thread as well.

April 2, 2012 - Little Orbit revealed six villains:
    1. Black Manta
    2. Cheshire
    3. Icicle Jr.
    4. Killer Frost
    5. Lex Luthor
    6. Sportmaster

It looks like they've unveiled 6 of the villians in the video game. http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/
    Neat lineup, didn't expect to see Lex Luthor and Black Manta. The latter since he's only been in one episode so far.

The email from Little Orbit (and some repeated on their Facebook) also revealed a few more tidbits and clarifications

• Release Date: February 2013
    • It is an Action RPG where players control multiple characters in a squad created from 12 possible team members to explore, fight, gather experience, and level up. It will feature both solo and multiplayer missions that follow an epic plotline spanning many locations all across the DC Comics world of Earth-16
    • Staff has been working hard with the show's creators to polish up the storyline which takes place between Season 1 and Season 2
    • In the upcoming weeks, Little Orbit will be announcing the remaining six playable heroes.
    • Each character will have signature moves and skills that make them unique to your squad.
    • Each of the villains are not playable, but they will be featured in their own showdown at the end of each mission during the game

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Luthor is a curious addition. Will he monologue his foes into submission? Makes me wonder if there's more to him than meets the eye now.

Pretty pleased this will be an action RPG as opposed to a simple brawler.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    Luthor is a curious addition. Will he monologue his foes into submission? Makes me wonder if there's more to him than meets the eye now.

Pretty pleased this will be an action RPG as opposed to a simple brawler.
    I agree, he is a curious addition. Aside from issuing the Team memos, I think it'll more of him sending Mercy Graves to fight. But then again, he was able to handle Superboy with two words. I think it would be too much of a stretch and too early in the series, imo, to see him don his LexCorp warsuit. I enjoy him as a slick businessman for now.

Me, too. When I played games, I eventually gravitated towards RPGs after growing up on Super Mario and Mega Man action type games.

reflection is online now Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds like the X-Men Legends/Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games. Those are considered action RPGs but at least from the X-Men ones I played that were basically button mashers with leveling up.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This dosen't sound half bad, I'm actually looking forward to it. An Action RPGS is better than an action title, I think's it weird (and a bit of a stupid idea) for this to take place between December 31st and January 1st. It will be interesting to see how they handle that.

Icicle Junior and Killer Frost could mean a Belle Reve breakout as they are inmates. Black Manta could also mean the reveal of Aqualad's real dad if we don't get it this season.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanx54 View Post
    I think's it weird (and a bit of a stupid idea) for this to take place between December 31st and January 1st. It will be interesting to see how they handle that.
    True, but I don't remember Weisman ever saying the season finale and premiere would be back to back in terms of the timeline just December 31st and January 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Weisman
    Episode 26 of Season One is time-stamped "December 31". Episode 1 of Season Two will be time-stamped "January 1", in essence picking up right where we left off.
    As the comics have shown us, a lot can happen between episodes that weren't directly back to back and even a few days apart. It seems like the game's story spans a couple hours. It'll be neat if there's a nod - i.e. someone saying "What a day..." then Batman steps in and gives them another mission.

Icicle Junior and Killer Frost could mean a Belle Reve breakout as they are inmates. Black Manta could also mean the reveal of Aqualad's real dad if we don't get it this season.
    Great idea, the breakout is probably the first mission of the game.

I don't think they will, all Weisman and Vietti did was state it was so during a convention because Geoff Johns gave the go-ahead. They didn't say it'd be addressed in season one. They could even address it in the comic... if not in season two.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So if this game is set between "Auld Acquaintance" and "Happy New Year", that begs some questions.

1. Does "Happy New Year" actually start where "Auld Acquaintance" ends, on New Year's Day?
    2. Does it include recruitment of new heroes?
    3. Is there a haircut and tailoring level?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We'll find out more about this on April 30th, where the entire roster of heroes and villains, and possibly a teaser, will be released.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think we'll start learning more next Saturday. We should get a sense of what may have happened between Season 1 and 2 that makes up the plot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I think we'll start learning more next Saturday. We should get a sense of what may have happened between Season 1 and 2 that makes up the plot.
    I agree. Once we see the first timestamp on "Happy New Year!", we'll know for sure the timeline of the video game. Since they did a 16 hour gap in "Auld Acquaintance," it might be something similar for the season two premiere.

3. Is there a haircut and tailoring level?
    I love that idea. Hope they do it for an expansion pack.

intangible is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now that we've seen the Invasion promo, my guess for the remaining six are

Spoiler:
    7. Wonder Girl
    8. Blue Beetle
    9. Zatanna
    10. Rocket
    11. Beast Boy