toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Favourite Design?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • DCAU

16 38.10%
  • Brave New Metropolis

0 0%
  • Batman Beyond

1 2.38%
  • Justice League Season 1

1 2.38%
  • Static Shock

0 0%
  • Justice Lords

3 7.14%
  • Legion of Super Heroes S1

0 0%
  • Legion of Super Heroes S2

0 0%
  • Legion of Super Heroes Superman X

0 0%
  • Legion of Super Heroes Fusion

0 0%
  • The Batman

3 7.14%
  • Batman: The Brave and The Bold

6 14.29%
  • Young Justice

12 28.57%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I intensely dislike the shades of red and blue they used on JL/JLU Superman, so for me, the classic Superman is still the S:TAS design. There was a nice round quality to the line-work that got lost or overdone on JL/JLU, plus the colors look right. The black briefs...well I don't love them, but I did find it strange when they were red later on, so maybe I liked them?

I really love the Superman X design from Legion, though, and the Justice Lords look is awesome too.

EDIT:

And, I will always DESPISE the JL/JLU design.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...perman/4-8.png

Seriously.. utter hatred. He's not Superman. He's a truck with tiny Johnny Bravo legs, wearing a cape.
    Gross.
    Thank you for making me laugh like that! I don't think the JL/JLU design is super bad. I rather like that Supes got a bit broader in the chest (though it is about as big as it possibly can be without looking silly), but again, the coloring is what did it for me. Really dark coloring, almost purple on maroon. Why?

DerekPowers is offline Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    The black briefs...well I don't love them, but I did find it strange when they were red later on, so maybe I liked them?
    They're not actually black, but dark, shiny red, as indicated by the highlight (and I always thought they were one of the coolest parts of the design). It's like saying the various Timmverse Jokers had black hair.

I don't think the JL/JLU design is super bad. I rather like that Supes got a bit broader in the chest (though it is about as big as it possibly can be without looking silly), but again, the coloring is what did it for me. Really dark coloring, almost purple on maroon. Why?
    I like the JL/JLU Superman design, but the STAS one is just way better. And I actually like the blue, it's very specific and rather nice, the only problem for me was back when JL first started airing, I had an older tv, and his blue always showed up as purple, which I hated. Its a very specific blue, but if not displayed right looks really weird. But the STAS blue is much better.
    I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to it speak, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

--Fox Mulder

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I prefer a long-ish cape. When it's too short, like in All-Star Superman movie and comics, it ends up reminding me of being a kid and tying a pillow case around my neck. At least the cape had a tapered cut, so that it hung lower in the middle. As such, I like it when the cape comes down to about the mid-calf. It just seems right at that length, perhaps because then it has somewhat of a regal look. Also, I am also a fan of art when you see his cape blowing in the wind, but on rare occasions the artists overdo it and it just looks ridiculous. We don't want it to look like Supes chooses to fly because if he walked, he'd trip over his own cape.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're not actually black, but dark, shiny red, as indicated by the highlight (and I always thought they were one of the coolest parts of the design). It's like saying the various Timmverse Jokers had black hair.
    Sorry Derek, but you're getting an eye-roll for that *insert rolling eye happy face here* I TOTALLY KNOW THAT :P I was trying to save myself from typing extra words. You HAD to know I knew that, right? Been here long enough. Geez.

My point is, I'm not sure Ma Kent/Clark would say "hey, lets make the briefs out of a different material!" And that's what that detail essentially says. So, again, no sure I love it.

back when JL first started airing, I had an older tv, and his blue always showed up as purple, which I hated. Its a very specific blue, but if not displayed right looks really weird.
    Every screen I have ever seen it on, it's practically purple. And the cape - don't get me started on that cape!

BFHD, I also like capes with a little length. Even Supergirl's kinda bugs me. Too short to even cover her tush!

DerekPowers is offline Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I TOTALLY KNOW THAT :P I was trying to save myself from typing extra words. You HAD to know I knew that, right?
    Well I would hope so...I was just making sure .

Every screen I have ever seen it on, it's practically purple.
    Yeah, it drove me crazy for the longest time. It is a very purplish blue, but when displayed right, looks like a nice deep royal blue or something. Anyone know what the actual shade of blue is?

As far as cape length, I like the STAS. Infact, as I stated, I think the STAS is perfect. It's THE definitive Superman imo. And it has the best face. Not too old, not too young, strong yet gentle, handsome but not overly pretty. Pitch perfect.
    I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to it speak, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

--Fox Mulder

ganon51 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekPowers View Post

I like the JL/JLU Superman design, but the STAS one is just way better. And I actually like the blue, it's very specific and rather nice, the only problem for me was back when JL first started airing, I had an older tv, and his blue always showed up as purple, which I hated. Its a very specific blue, but if not displayed right looks really weird. But the STAS blue is much better.

This.

Mod Note: Post more than just "this," please. Next time your post will be removed.

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I loved STAS as a kid, I just have a very difficult time watching it now days (for a few reasons, but I believe I already stated them...so... "dead horse... beating" and all that, )
    I mean STAS Superman had an "Meh" design, and the colors were just "Meh" too. (The day colors for the Red and Blue were okay,) but the yellow always seemd too White-ish to me, and I never really liked the "Black" trunks...
    Plus after seeing the more Mature/detailed design from JL, (or atleast it does IMO) I can't look at STAS without thinking "man! he looks like a little baby faced kid." I like the JL design as it is similar to the golden age and silver age looks, along with the fact that it has more detail. But with STAS... every other DCAU male character looks almost the exact same... except they don't have an "s" curl in their hair. lol. (much like alot of BT's girls were basically the same body but with slightly different hair and eyes.) But, remember this is just my observation/point of view/opinion,

Edit: I guess I just like it when a character doesn't look just like every other "Joe" on the street, (I know that in animation you can only draw so many characters only so different) but that's why I liked it when Supes had the added lines on his face in JL and "Superman: Doomsday," it just gave him a more defined/unique look, which made him stand out a little more, for me anyway.

D.
    Last edited by Dusty; 04-23-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

ganon51 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the Superman TAS design, i liked tim daly's voice acting for the show and i like how he looks. Superman wasn't too buff like in JL/U, his look was balanced. His colors in my opinion looked better (i loved the black shorts with a red highlighting), he looked just right. If you compare the STAS design with the JL/U, you'll see that he was slightly smaller in girth, and had thicker legs.

http://www.pop-cult.net/Wikitainment...uperman-00.gif

See what i mean? On the JL designs, Superman's torso was too big compared to his skinnier legs.

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Young Justice!

I like Superman:TAS design second.

TheFlash4444 is offline "Babe you rock."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The YJ by far...when I saw him first appear I was beyond estatic over his design. This is how Superman is supposed to look strong, muscular and have eyes like everyone else! Another this show is pure perfection...the characters to me are SPOT ON always.

The rest I won't get into esp JL/JLU...one of my biggest problems with the show was the design and portrayal of his character.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast