Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What is your favorite animated version of Lex Luthor

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • The New Adventures of Superman (Ray Owens)

0 0%
  • Super Friends (Stan Jones)

3 9.38%
  • Superman 1988 (Michael Bell)

1 3.13%
  • DCAU (Clancy Brown)

20 62.50%
  • The Batman (Clancy Brown)

1 3.13%
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Kevin Michael Richardson)

0 0%
  • Young Justice (Mark Rolston)

3 9.38%
  • Superman: Brainiac Attacks (Powers Boothe)

0 0%
  • Superman: Doomsday (James Marsters)

1 3.13%
  • Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (Clancy Brown)

0 0%
  • Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (Chris Noth)

0 0%
  • All-Star Superman (Anthony LaPaglia)

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywoodhogan View Post
    DCAU Lex definitely

Second All Star Superman Lex
    Totally agree with you on that --- They're my top 2 as well. I also liked Clancy Brown's return as Lex on The Batman, but I really did not care for James Marster's Lex in Superman: Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by ganon51 View Post
    DCAU of course! Hands down! Like those above me have said, Clancy Brown IS Lex Luthor...
    Yup!

Too dark, lol. I remember my friends thought he was black in STAS because of that. At the end of the DCAU he resembled Billy Zane. As for Clancy Brown getting better, I never noticed his voice develop, only his character lol.
    I'm not sure what Clancy Brown's racial heritage descends from, but I believe the design of Lex Luthor in the DCAU is based on actor Telly (Kojak) Savalas, who is Greek. By the way, Billy Zane is also Greek and I for one think he'd make a great Lex Luthor if they cast him in the role (like maybe in the Man of Steel sequel?)

I, Spyral is offline Moonrider
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All Star Superman, definitely. The best Luthor is one that can be redeemed and isn't just eeeevil.

coluanprime is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me it would be a tie between Clancy Brown and the Young Justice Lex. The YJ one was perfect as the manipulator. There is a quote where Superman says "Lex always was a people person, he was a manipulator at heart" and this really comes through in this version. We also saw a lot of his business side as well as his political influence. The Clancy Brown Lex was and always will be my original and he was such a fun (if evil, slimy, and downright destructive) character and while we didn't get to see as much manipulation/interaction in this version we did get to see that he always had a backup plan and it was nice to see him as a straight up villain.
    "Despite all logic, my feelings for you short-lived, small-brained, foolish idiots are sufficient that I have chosen to spend my life among you, instead of on my own world where my intellect would be suitable honored... because you truly are my friends.
    Stop Sniffling"
    -Brainiac 5
    (Legion of Super Heroes, Vol 6, Issue 11, May 2011)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12