toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    YJ is okay, but it is no where near any other DC show. It is too "Teen Angsty" IMO,
    I want a more fun and serious DC show, with tons of characters, but I don't really want another JLU though, (JLU was cool, but I want something a little less dark, but they can use the character designs from JLU though.)

D.
    I feel like that describes Young Justice​ perfectly. And I only really get the "Teen Angsty" vibe from Superboy, and he chilled out for the most part after episode 5.

supergirl's pal is offline Give us a SBFF Animated Series
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to see a Superman Brave and the Bold show that is still set in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold universe that focuses on Superman's supporting cast and villains. It would be interesting to see an animated Silver Age style Supergirl.

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by supergirl's pal View Post
    I'd like to see a Superman Brave and the Bold show that is still set in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold universe that focuses on Superman's supporting cast and villains. It would be interesting to see an animated Silver Age style Supergirl.
    Agreed! "Battle of the Superheroes!" showed it could be done. Superman's side of things has plenty of obscurities to be mined like with TBATB. But given how the Powers That Be seem to be allergic to ongoing continuities, it shouldn't be pitched as a continuation but later on admitted by the staff during production. Would love to see Tucker and Jelenic reunite and try to get most if not all of the old staff back together. A Superman, Supergirl, and Powergirl episode would be pretty neat.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I would love a DCU: Brave and the Bold Series, but we all know DC is nothing but cheap WB lackeys these days. So I imagine it will never happen, unfortunately.

D.

sorry about my post, I actually gave this one quite a few minutes of thought as to what word I would use, I thought the one I did was okay, as I was just kidding. But looking at it now, i'll definitely try to remember not to post anything that might offend or start an argument. Sorry to anyone if my post offended you.

Mod Note: Nothing was changed in your post but please be a bit more mindful in the future of how you comment on DC, WB or other companies per this forum's rules.
    Last edited by Dusty; 04-09-2012 at 06:04 AM.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love Batman the Brave and the Bold but I think if they do a new DC series they should avoid another Brave and the Bold style show. Its been done and I think its been done to its full potential admittedly I'd be very happy if they did a Superman show set in this universe but personally I'd prefer something new.

Now a team up show in the vain of DC Comics presents featuring Superman teaming up with a different hero each work but in a different style to Brave and the Bold (maybe just abit more serious) would be a great show if done right and I'm sure James Tucker would love to do it.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really disliked the entire concept behind Batman: TBNTB. I'll admit it had some good episodes, but there were also far more episodes that made me cringe then episodes that left me thinking "awesome episode".

That being said, what I would REALLY love to see is an anthology based in the Young Justice series. We already know Beware the Batman is to be in the same universe as Green Lantern and we can guess the next Superman series will be too, but I am really digging the Young Justice Earth-16 universe right now and would love to see more from that universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It makes perfect sense to do Superman: DC Comics Presents as a follow up to Batman: The Brave and The Bold.

There's a new Superman movie next year, so they're going to want a new Superman cartoon after that.

Since they're already going to have two CGI shows on DC Nation, they're probably going to want at least one traditionally animated series just so the entire block won't be all CGI.

The wacky retro sensibility of B:TBatB would prevent the show from just being a rehash of Superman: The Animated Series (which was the problem The Batman had).

Definitely the direction I would go in if it were up to me.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthammer
    I really disliked the entire concept behind Batman: TBNTB. I'll admit it had some good episodes, but there were also far more episodes that made me cringe then episodes that left me thinking "awesome episode".

That being said, what I would REALLY love to see is an anthology based in the Young Justice series. We already know Beware the Batman is to be in the same universe as Green Lantern and we can guess the next Superman series will be too, but I am really digging the Young Justice Earth-16 universe right now and would love to see more from that universe.
    When was that confirmed?

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    When was that confirmed?
    Good catch, suss2it. That was never confirmed. They are simply two animated series done in CGI.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Pacman7821 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A new show like BATB would be cool. Not that I don't like serious shows, but I also don't mind some fun shows.

The Dark Lord is online now 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In terms of a superhero-team up show, I wouldn't mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2