toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Supreme View Post
    Here is a link to some info. Hopefully Hush gets a fair treatment someday. DtV perhaps?

Cool, Thanks. Yeah, that's the stuff I seen before. Just wondering if anymore was ever released.

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Perkins View Post
    Hey there. The work you are referring to was some fan art portfolio fodder I did while working on The Batman many years ago. I was just having a bit of fun drawing the Metropolis Guy since I had spent 3 seasons drawing the Gotham Guy. Somebody took it off my blog a few years back and made a bogus claim about it being the NEXT Superman cartoon (which was entirely False) and causing all sorts of generalized havoc over nothing more than my simple portfolio art. And now you know the rest of the story.

Cheers!

Thomas Perkins
    Animation Character Designer
    The Art of Thomas N. Perkins IV
    Oh wow really, I tell you I loved it, I really wish it had have been made into a series. Is the image on your site?
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    I think Timm also talked about this elsewhere and said it would've had a teen version of the Justice League. It all sounds awful, but I'd kill to see any concept art or pitch documents that were made up for this.
    The one with Robin, Impulse, and Cygirl? What was animated made it to the Justice League DVD. Unless there was another teen Justice League idea...
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Remember when James Tucker was working on a pitch for CGI Batman show at the start of this decade but the suits deemed it too dark? Then sometime later, Beware The Batman was greenlit? Today, James Tucker posted another piece that was used for his No Man Land's pitch. Love it.
    Batman: No Man's Land pitch piece by SpawnofSprang on deviantART
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's some nice concept art, but I'm not crazy on some of the design choices for Joker, Nightwing, and... Cassandra Cain ?

I like the Batsuit, but Batman's just a wee bit too bulky I think. Though I guess, potentially, if he was meant to be portrayed as much older, then I guess it could work.

But yeah, I agree with Tucker. A "No Man's Land" series would cost probably a heck of a lot of money if it was a CGI series. That's one of the theories over why Cartoon Network killed Beware right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's some nice concept art, but I'm not crazy on some of the design choices for Joker, Nightwing, and... Cassandra Cain ?

I like the Batsuit, but Batman's just a wee bit too bulky I think. Though I guess, potentially, if he was meant to be portrayed as much older, then I guess it could work.
    Yeah, it's different than the other pitch piece Coran Stone posted. So I take it they were made just to gave a picture to the suits and they were by no means final art designs.

But yeah, I agree with Tucker. A "No Man's Land" series would cost probably a heck of a lot of money if it was a CGI series. That's one of the theories over why Cartoon Network killed Beware right?
    Oh, there's so many theories so it's probably one. I wouldn't mind if they adapted an aspect of the pitch for a No Man's Land movie in the DCU line. The idea of an extended Bat Family in action would be killer.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A No Man's Land story would be better for a DTV movie than an ongoing TV series I think.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It still baffles me how close we were to this. A No Man's Land story would be perfect to bring a fresh breath of air to animated Batman: a seasoned Batman, an established Bat-Family from the start, unique story ideas, a fresh take on familiar Batman rogues, and all the potential world-building bred out of this situation.

"Fall" spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I do wonder if a similar concept may be explored due to what Ra's does to Gotham with the Ion Cortex.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

dumbfoolkid5 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.D.O.K. View Post
    It still baffles me how close we were to this. A No Man's Land story would be perfect to bring a fresh breath of air to animated Batman: a seasoned Batman, an established Bat-Family from the start, unique story ideas, a fresh take on familiar Batman rogues, and all the potential world-building bred out of this situation.

"Fall" spoiler: * SPOILER *
    You have some good points, but I prefer Batman inc. myself.

Toddman is offline Hulk not good with words.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by horrorbusiness View Post
    On a Podcast with Kevin Smith, Bruce Timm admits before Batman Beyond there was going to be a Batman series that would have been "Batman meets Power Rangers" that would have had a heavy anime influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    That would be the anime one I just mentioned. He said the pitch was that it'd be an anime set in the far future with three kids who become the future equivalents of Batman, Robin and Batgirl. Timm was happy about the idea but Kid's WB rejected it and asked if it could instead be about kids competing to be the next Batman, since they wanted the tone to be more like Pokemon.
    This was posted by Bruce Timm a few years ago and sheds some light on the "Pokemon/Batman" show-that-never-was.

(at least 'Alpha-Red' survived to make an appearance in The Brave And The Bold)

He also mentions a pitch for a Batman Beyond sequel series that would have taken place on Mars...

Toddman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddman View Post
    This was posted by Bruce Timm a few years ago and sheds some light on the "Pokemon/Batman" show-that-never-was.

(at least 'Alpha-Red' survived to make an appearance in The Brave And The Bold)

He also mentions a pitch for a Batman Beyond sequel series that would have taken place on Mars...

Toddman
    That's some wacky stuff...

Funny how Kids WB went much more traditional with the Batman franchise a few years later and produced The Batman. A slightly more kid-friendly version of B:TAS/TNBA.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

Lighthammer is offline Bringer of the Light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to assume this is a dead project by now, but there were a few image drops of a Superman series in the same art style as Beware the Batman and Green Lantern TAS back the same year we learned about Beware the Batman.

This project appears to be dead as I can't even find pictures of this project anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthammer View Post
    I have to assume this is a dead project by now, but there were a few image drops of a Superman series in the same art style as Beware the Batman and Green Lantern TAS back the same year we learned about Beware the Batman.

This project appears to be dead as I can't even find pictures of this project anymore.
    I recall this came up before here. What do you remember? Was it an article or was it something on social media? Sometimes, people see crew people's portfolio art and mistake it for production designs or fans online do their own fantasy mock ups. I'm not saying that's the case here but we can't rule it out entirely.

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthammer View Post

You weren't thinking of this fan project were you?

Superman: Origins » A 3D Animated Fan Film
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2