toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 defender View Post
    Keep in mind though that October 18th 2011 was also the US release date of the Batman: Arkham City video game, which was a big deal in the industry after its critically acclaimed and best selling predecessor Arkham City, so i think it's safe to assume that Year One's release date was due to cross marketing. As far as i know there's nothing major Batman related coming out this October to cross market to, so they could just as well go back to the old September slot from previous releases.
    Mmm, that is intriguing. Thank you for bringing that up. It certainly puts a spin on things. I think I read there is a special edition of this Arkham City game releasing later this year as well. Maybe another cross market release?
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 11, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Mmm, that is intriguing. Thank you for bringing that up. It certainly puts a spin on things. I think I read there is a special edition of this Arkham City game releasing later this year as well. Maybe another cross market release?
    The Batman: Arkham City 'Game of the Year' edition has already been released in the states as well as the Harley Quinn download... so the game is pretty much done now.

The 'Game of the Year' edition is however being released in September internationally (UK, possibly Australia) so you could be on to something.

-----

Frankly I'm surprised that they didn't want to release a Batman DVD to concide with TDKR this summer.

It's all very strange. Questionable release date and a lack of Comic-Con (So far as we know).
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

#1 defender is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Small correction on my part, of course i meant Arkham Asylum when i wrote of Arkham City's predecessor.

As for cross marketing it with the "Game of the year" Edition, that would've been a possibility, but while the European version does come out sometime in fall, the US version came out already on May 29th.

Edit: I see dark knight 90 already elaborated on this.

Crow is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Aus release date. Didn't know EzyDVD were still kicking.

MilkManX is offline From the X pit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been waiting for this movie since they did the little version in BTAS many years ago.

Any word on the trailer?!

Hero Supreme is offline Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkManX View Post

Any word on the trailer?!
    The trailer leaked a couple months ago and so I know that it is ready to air... maybe Comic Con?
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Confirmed: B:TDKR, Pt. 1 will NOT debut at Comic-Con San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Supreme View Post
    The trailer leaked a couple months ago and so I know that it is ready to air... maybe Comic Con?
    Creating a trailer does not guarantee that the film is completed.

Posted in TWF News: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/20...omic-con-2012/

What really boggles my mind is that there won't be a DC Comics Premiere Movie Panel at all. One would think that WHV could at least debut the trailer and discuss the film and upcoming projects.
    "One can only adore the internet and the opportunity it has proffered to that unignorable segment of the vox populi that
    has the acumen of a breath mint but until the web, was blissfully denied a global voice."
    - Harlan Ellison, July 23, 2013

Hero Supreme is offline Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaku-sempai View Post
    Creating a trailer does not guarantee that the film is completed.
    Thats true. What I meant was, since the trailer is completed the trailer is ready to air, possibly at Comic Con.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thats true. What I meant was, since the trailer is completed the trailer is ready to air, possibly at Comic Con.
    Head scratcher, so it was an unattenable early deadline of some sort. Well, when's the next big comic convention - Baltimore CC? Wizard World? Maybe they'll air it in August/September before the release date.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 11, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apologies

I miscontrued your meaning. I really am at a loss, though, to understand why some sort of presentation can't be made even if WHV cannot debut the actual movie. As you point out, the trailer is ready to go. And it should have been possible to round up some crew members and voice actors.
    "One can only adore the internet and the opportunity it has proffered to that unignorable segment of the vox populi that
    has the acumen of a breath mint but until the web, was blissfully denied a global voice."
    - Harlan Ellison, July 23, 2013