Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravitea View Post
    I had never read the original story this movie is based on, but I am quite intrigued.

I'm not really sure what to think of the art-style. In some parts of the trailer, it looks good; yet Superman's chin distracted me a few times. But, I think that I'll get used to the style. It's more cartoony than Young Justuice. I think it's a mix of Bruce Timm's style and YJ-style, right?
    I'd recommend reading it either pick up Action Comics #775 or the Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told Vol. 1.

Judging from the trailer It is very Bruce Timm styled in my opinion.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the fact they often go for diferent styles. I think the same styles (and voices) should only be used when the movies are directly related to each other.

I would rather Public Enemies and Apocolypse has looked the same (same voices), First Flight and Emerald Knights had looked different (different voices) and Crisis on Two Earths and Doom looked the same (different voices).
    Care Bear stare...

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another good review AGAIN BEWARE OF SPOILERS

This one says its the best DCU DTV to date:

http://mightyaction.com/2012/03/18/w...eening-review/
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

dtemplar is offline Old School Professor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The press release is already out and I found out from the Superman Homepage what the extras are:

Superman vs. The Elite Blu-rayTM Combo Pack has 3 hours of exciting content, including:
    • Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
    • UltraVioletTM Digital Copy*
    • Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
    • Featurette - "The Elite Unbound: No Rules, No Mercy" - A short documentary focused upon The Elite, and their arc of character throughout the comics. Even the anti-heroes have their own struggles ... and triumphs. It's all highlighted in this compelling film that begins with the inspiration of The Authority, and how The Elite became the answer to that book, and a fresh approach for DC Comics in the post 9/11 world. It was an unexpected twist to the pages of Action Comics, and this documentary summarizes the true potency of these Elite.
    • Featurette - "Superman and the Moral Debate" - There's a prevailing thought about ending terrorism and ridding our Earth of the maladjusted once and for all - by fighting fire with fire! This is the story of The Elite, a band of fringe Superheroes who were compelled to eradicate the Earth of its scum, its tyranny and evil once and for all, not with words, but with raw unadulterated action, designed to kill their opponents. This is their controversial story.
    • Creative team audio commentary
    • Two bonus episodes from Superman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Brave New Metropolis and Warrior Queen.
    • Digital Comic - Action Comics #775 - "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?"
    • All-Star Superman revisited: sneak peak
    • Batman/Superman: Public Enemies revisited: sneak peak
    • Photo Gallery - The upcoming The Dark Knight Rises Theatrical Release
    I guess we now know what the next film will be after that.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtemplar View Post
    The press release is already out and I found out from the Superman Homepage what the extras are...
    The press release for Superman versus The Elite was released last week, along with the trailer, both of which you can view here.

Hero Supreme is offline Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to Amazon.com

Run Time: 58 minutes
    I am not in favor of padding for padding's sake, but thats a tad on the short side. It would be nice to at least get a bonus original short like they did for Year One with Catwoman.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Superman Versus The Elite trade ad states a running time for 76 minutes. Click the image below to check it out.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtemplar View Post
    The press release is already out and I found out from the Superman Homepage what the extras are:

I guess we now know what the next film will be after that.
    "The true potency of the Elite?"

Outside of their conflict with Superman, didn't they have like one maxi-series and then they were never heard from again? They didn't really have that big an impact.

BatsonForever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PG-13 Language?

The rating says action violence and some language? Are there any F or S bombs? If so, that is a bit strange.

DerekPowers is offline Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know it's too early to tell, but based on the trailer I think this looks like yet another stinker from the DCU dtvs.

First of all, the animation seems to be slightly downgraded. It seems with these direct to videos they've been trying to both have a little more detailed look than typical DCAU stuff, as well as have a little more of a unique look that separated itself from Timm style to a degree.

Here, it looks not only less detailed than the previous dtvs, but also REALLY lazy, giving us just another bastardized Timm style. Man, it just looks cheap. It might as well be "The Brave and the Bold" or any of the other "fake" Timm styles. Atleast with the other dtvs, even if they weren't that great overall, I felt like the art direction and designs were trying to do something different from what we've seen ever since BTAS, but this just looks lazy and boring.

Like, compare the look of this to the Shazam short, or Year One, or Public Enemies, and you'll get what I'm saying.

And I hate light brown-haired, generic "pretty" female, Lois Lane. Give her character a little respect and design a character please, not just a doe.

I don't know, I'm over this line. I thank the creative team for such masterpieces as WW and GL:FF, and some very enjoyable ones like Crisis, Red Hood, the shorts (particularly Catwoman and Shazam), and for the ambitious Doomsday and New Frontier, but the rest really aren't anything to speak of, and they've just been getting worse.

I just am not going to be buying these anymore, I'm sorry to say. I'll rent or stream them, but there's no way I'm going to bother owning them anymore. This trailer just looks like another repetitive, dull, pointless, generic movie from this line. Oh well. I'll start buying again when they make a "Flash", "Aquaman", or "Green Arrow" one (or any single hero that's yet to have their own movie).
    I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to it speak, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

--Fox Mulder