toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

So no proper season sets again, just as I feared would happen. Warner Home Video's continued poor treatment of their animated series is really disappointing.

Warner Home Video have started with single DVD volumes, followed by part(s) for several other series (Hot Wheels Battle Force 5, The Looney Tunes Show, Scooby Doo! Mystery Inc) too. Unfortunately looks like this is becoming a standard release method now

It is a year since their Blu-Ray releases of older animated titles (1 DC movie, 2 Scooby-Doo movie, 1 Tom & Jerry movie), and still no sign of further releases either. I'm starting to wonder if we will even see more older animated titles re-released on Blu-Ray.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Warner Home Video has released the preliminary details for a new two-disc Young Justice DVD collection titled Young Justice: Dangerous Secrets. The two-disc set, hitting shelves July 24th, 2012, will pick up where the Young Justice - Season One, Volume Three DVD left off, collecting the remaining episodes from the first season of the acclaimed Cartoon Network series. Click here for the details.
    Little spelling error there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Fan Beyond View Post
    Thanks, but no thanks, Warner Brothers. I'll wait for the complete first season on Blu-ray. With such high quality animation, this series demands the blu-ray treatment. And in the complete format.
    Agreed, no thanks. I'd rather stick with my recorded copies. There is a limit to how I'll support the series. The show will look marvelous on Blu-Ray if a set ever comes out. Be sure to tell them that at wbshop.com, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Supreme View Post
    Agreed with the above sentiments. I know I have complained about double dips in the past, but this wasn't the solution I was hoping for. Oh well... I am still waiting for Legion of Superheroes season 2, and so just getting all the episodes out there is a start.
    Me, too. And The Zeta Project season 2 and all of Static Shock...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    So no proper season sets again, just as I feared would happen. Warner Home Video's continued poor treatment of their animated series is really disappointing.

Warner Home Video have started with single DVD volumes, followed by part(s) for several other series (Hot Wheels Battle Force 5, The Looney Tunes Show, Scooby Doo! Mystery Inc) too. Unfortunately looks like this is becoming a standard release method now
    This is very disappointing news and I hope this isn't the standard release method. This upcoming set is essentially Season One, Part Two and the Volume 1-3 combo is Part One?

Mod Note: Typo corrected earlier.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 20, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    This is very disappointing news and I hope this isn't the standard release method. This upcoming set is essentially Season One, Part Two and the Volume 1-3 combo is Part One?
    More like Volume 1-3 is a repackage, while the upcoming set seems like dumping the remaining episodes from season 1 on DVD.

Cartoon series from Cartoon Network have actually been getting better DVD releases lately, with more episodes (8 for Thundercats 2011) per volume, and more sets (Adventure Time, Redakai) released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
    More like Volume 1-3 is a repackage, while the upcoming set seems like dumping the remaining episodes from season 1 on DVD.

Cartoon series from Cartoon Network have actually been getting better DVD releases lately, with more episodes (8 for Thundercats 2011) per volume, and more sets (Adventure Time, Redakai) released.
    Ah, I see. I'm still holding out. I wish this was an April Fools joke.

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't say I'm shocked or anything, it just seemed like the direction these titles are going. On the bright side, we know we'll get Auld Acquaintance by July on t.v.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can understand putting out the rest of season 1 as a 2-disc set, but what I don't get is the titling situation.

With the first 3 discs getting a repackage, why didn't Warner just call that season 1 part 1 and this new one season 1 part 2?

In the UK, Disney released Avengers: EMH in 2 volumes and in a couple of weeks we'll get volume 3, volume 4 and The Complete First Season: volumes 1-4. Even YJ season 1 part 1: volumes 1-3 and YJ season 1 part 2: volumes 4-5 would have made more sense.
    Care Bear stare...

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The release pattern for YJ has me so disgusted, I went and bout the iTunes subscription instead.

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderheartbear View Post
    With the first 3 discs getting a repackage, why didn't Warner just call that season 1 part 1 and this new one season 1 part 2?
    The DVD menus of Young Justice are listed as Volume 1, 2 and 3, Warner would need to remaster the discs.

Quote Originally Posted by tenderheartbear View Post
    In the UK, Disney released Avengers: EMH in 2 volumes and in a couple of weeks we'll get volume 3, volume 4 and The Complete First Season: volumes 1-4. Even YJ season 1 part 1: volumes 1-3 and YJ season 1 part 2: volumes 4-5 would have made more sense.
    Because the upcoming set is no longer volumes, I doubt Warner wants people to expect a larger amount of episodes on future single DVD volumes either.

The DVD releases in Europe and Australia are even worse, Batman: The Brave and the Bold had even more more single volumes, followed by parts (depending on country). With Blu-Ray versions of DTV movies frequently not been released at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see what you're saying. In the case of Avengers: EMH it covers itself by stating it's 'The Complete First Season' (which it is), comprised of 'Volumes 1 - 4' (basically the 4 discs). Each original disc also says the volume number on it, I'm pretty sure the consumer can either cope, or just not care.

The 4 disc UK set of Wolverine &TXM did the same thing. 4 individual volumes followed by the same 4 discs repackaged as 'The Complete Series: Volumes 1 -4'.

You're right about the way we get things left out over here or multiple releases. All of our Batman: TBatB have been single disc jobs, only the first 2 seasons of Justice League, season 1 of The Batman and the only DCAU titles on Blu-ray are Green Lantern: EK and Batman: GK as far as I know.
    Care Bear stare...

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "A Matter of Family" was the first episode of the fourth season of The Batman. It introduced Dick Grayson to the series.
    Okay...but again, why insert ONE The Batman episode onto a released otherwise filled with B:TAS episodes? Seems very random, unless the press release is wrong...

Me, too. And The Zeta Project season 2 and all of Static Shock...
    Well Zeta doesn't really have big-name appeal, so I could understand why they might hold off on a series set (but for how long?)

Oh man...just had a really depressing thought. If Static Shock is ever released fully on DVD, there won't be any new clips or audio tracks featuring Dwayne That seems hardly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Okay...but again, why insert ONE The Batman episode onto a released otherwise filled with B:TAS episodes? Seems very random, unless the press release is wrong...
    Dunno, got me there.

Well Zeta doesn't really have big-name appeal, so I could understand why they might hold off on a series set (but for how long?)

Oh man...just had a really depressing thought. If Static Shock is ever released fully on DVD, there won't be any new clips or audio tracks featuring Dwayne That seems hardly...
    It's already been revealed special feature material was recorded for The Zeta Project Season Two and Static Shock (for Volume Two), so there very well is something with Mr. McDuffie on it that the fans haven't seen yet.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Slightly revised cover art and the back cover for Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Complete Season Three are now available to view at The World's Finest. Click on the link or on the image below to check it out.

Bobbywoodhogan is offline I Will Find Him!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Superman made the back cover ths time awesome, even if he is getting smacked out by Cheetah a ha. Hope he makes one of the menu screens.

I wish thy would have one a series retrospective documentary on this though seen as though we've had not much in the way of extras s far.
    Consider Yourself Impeached - Superman to Lex Luthor (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So they changed the logo. Interesting I just noticed YJ doesn't carry the DC logo at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, a slight tweak. Wonder if that's why it got pulled from Amazon the other week.

Hero Supreme is offline Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got my Young Justice 3 DVD collection. Even though the box art is horrible, and there are no special features, I am actually fairly pleased with it overall. The three discs are all inside a single sized case and the 12 episodes were just $14 which is on par with Brave and the Bold and better than some of the Marvel sets.

Anyways, I wish there was a season 1 set, or even a season 1 part 1 set, but at least I have the episodes and at least they are in widescreen. I also some minor changes to the box art would help with sales though. Its not obvious at all that this is basically the first half of the season. If I were a casual buyer I would avoid this as it is looks like a soccer mom collection when in reality it appears it is basically the first season release.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero Supreme View Post
    Just got my Young Justice 3 DVD collection. Even though the box art is horrible, and there are no special features, I am actually fairly pleased with it overall. The three discs are all inside a single sized case and the 12 episodes were just $14 which is on par with Brave and the Bold and better than some of the Marvel sets.

Anyways, I wish there was a season 1 set, or even a season 1 part 1 set, but at least I have the episodes and at least they are in widescreen. I also some minor changes to the box art would help with sales though. Its not obvious at all that this is basically the first half of the season. If I were a casual buyer I would avoid this as it is looks like a soccer mom collection when in reality it appears it is basically the first season release.
    So are they (the discs) in three individual cases?

Hero Supreme is offline Mr Jinx No More
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    So are they (the discs) in three individual cases?
    No, they are all in one single case. One disc is in the normal place in the back of the case. The other two are back to back in the center. I guess I am not great at describing, but it looks like this.
    Bringing Super Beings from TV and Film to You:

Twitter @SuperheroShows

SuperheroShows.Blogspot.Com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I sort of prefer the original BatB cover.

While 'season three complete' makes less grammatical sense, the alignment of the colours on the spine matched the previous covers better.
    Care Bear stare...

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast