toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking when I saw the pics. Especially the first and third of the "bad" pics

I feel about the same as I would if it was Wally. I don't think there will be much difference.
    But -

Spoiler:

Wally and Barry are fairly different characters, the biggest difference being that Barry's not the joker that Wally tends to be. They even commented on how Rosenbaum had to keep re-doing his lines because the delivery was "too Wally".
    Last edited by JTMarsh; 12-14-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't aware of Rosenbaum redoing his lines, that's kind of funny. Now I'm worried he'll be boring like Barry usually is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    Wasn't aware of Rosenbaum redoing his lines, that's kind of funny. Now I'm worried he'll be boring like Barry usually is.
    A character's only as boring as the writer handling them.

Spoiler:

What I'm more afraid of is that Barry will be portrayed as a putz, which was often the case with Wally in the DCAU and now on Young Justice.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMarsh

* SPOILER *
    Why are we spoiler tagging the identity of the Flash? It's Barry, folks. And I wouldn't worry about him being a putz since Rosenbaum had to voice him differently that means that he was most likely written differently as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Why are we spoiler tagging the identity of the Flash? It's Barry, folks. And I wouldn't worry about him being a putz since Rosenbaum had to voice him differently that means that he was most likely written differently as well.
    I wasn't sure just how well known that information was. I didn't want to get banned.

Also, team shows seem to struggle with speedsters, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In addition to Hal having his ring on hands in the trailer,

I also noticed in the Justice League: Doom sneak peak feature from Batman: Year One, that they briefly messed up the colouring of his gloves.

To be fair, the movie hasn't come out yet, so they could still fixed those mistakes before it's released. And TBH, I prefer the green gloves to the white ones.

Manhunter is offline Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I

TBH, I prefer the green gloves to the white ones.
    Honestly, it's a much more striking look.
    "No man escapes the Manhunters!"

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Warner Home Video has issued a new press release concerning the world premiere of the upcoming Justice League: Doom animated feature. New images are also attached. Click here for more.

JLU Dude is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the "Green Lantern's hand on the wrong hand" thing might've been mirror-flipped, which sometimes happens in ads. I mean, the screenshot also has his hair parted on the opposite side as opposed to other shots, too. Not to mention, there's a shot of Superman where his hair and "S"-shield are also flipped.
    "You can't live in fear."- Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider.

klammed is offline the fool.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Warner Home Video has issued a new press release concerning the world premiere of the upcoming Justice League: Doom animated feature. New images are also attached. Click here for more.
    Wow lookit Wonder Woman muscles. Nevermind, I still dig this design of her, perhaps more so, even if no one else does. Also is it just me, or do they seem proper younger than their designs in Young Justice/CO2E (not meant to be exactly the same, I know, but same designer and all)?
    "My brain is not a nice place to be"
    -----
    WFWC:
    A Lonely Place (BB)
    Boy (JLU)! [complete]

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMarsh View Post
    Guess that means I have yet to read a book with Barry that didn't have a writer boring me

Quote Originally Posted by klammed View Post
    Wow lookit Wonder Woman muscles. Nevermind, I still dig this design of her, perhaps more so, even if no one else does. Also is it just me, or do they seem proper younger than their designs in Young Justice/CO2E (not meant to be exactly the same, I know, but same designer and all)?
    They kind of have a bit of JR. Justice League look to them in those pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone else think that the animation in the movie looks slightly poor?

And while stills is obviously not a fair indicator, the charcters look awkward and off-model in the pictures. J'onn's head looks weird in those recent pics for example.

Now the trailer whizzes by so fast... its difficult to judge completely. But tell me, TMS didn't animate this right? They just did the storyboards?

Because if they did animate it... their standard has seemingly gone downhill.
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight 90 View Post

And while stills is obviously not a fair indicator, the charcters look awkward and off-model in the pictures. J'onn's head looks weird in those recent pics for example.

Now the trailer whizzes by so fast... its difficult to judge completely. But tell me, TMS didn't animate this right? They just did the storyboards?

You're looking at in-between frames that were likely taken months before the animation supervisor has a chance to check them. Of course things are going to look a little off.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been saying that from the very beginning... It's definitely not the best quality DC animation has given us.

And the idea of it being "in-between" art isn't very assuring or convincing either way. They should not be releasing "in-between" art or the least best frames to promote the feature anyway. It just doesn't make sense to that. Why wouldn't they want show the highest examples of images to attract buyers? No, I think this is a simple case of what you see is what you get; Subpar by DC Animation's usual standards. I do hope I'm wrong though, and that I end up being pleasantly surprised when it's released.

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't wait for this on Blu-ray but I have to say I really hate WB's new-ish UV digital copy junk. I really enjoyed being able to have a digital copy to put on my tablet and watch anywhere and anytime, but now WB only lets you keep the copy for 3 years and you also have to play it using their junky flixster software?... ughhh...

Anyways aside from that, I am really looking foward to the special features though, especially the Dwayne mcDuffie featurette, (man I miss that guy)

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazon has a Two-Disc Special Edition DVD, but for some weird reason they have it with a release date of April 10, 2012, instead of February 28, 2012.

http://www.amazon.com/Justice-League...5081122&sr=1-2

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not that it's a surprise but MPAA officially rated JL: Doom as a PG-13 feature, for violent action. Eight more weeks left.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if it has to do with this film not being based on adapting a published artists'work. Just a possibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    I wonder if it has to do with this film not being based on adapting a published artists'work. Just a possibility.
    Batman: Under the Red Hood, the Green Lantern movies, Superman: Doomsday, Batman: Gotham Knight, Wonder Woman and most importantlyJustice League: Crisis On Two Earths (since that and Doom, have the same character designer) weren't adapted from a published artists' work and I think they all look better than Doom.

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Batman: Under the Red Hood, the Green Lantern movies, Superman: Doomsday, Batman: Gotham Knight, Wonder Woman and most importantlyJustice League: Crisis On Two Earths (since that and Doom, have the same character designer) weren't adapted from a published artists' work and I think they all look better than Doom.
    I'll agree with you to a certain degree. I think JL: Doom looks much better than Superman: Doomsday.

I thought "Under the Red Hood" was based on a previous work by Judd Winick though? I also wasn't a fan of the art/animation in that one anyway either.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast