toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat Bruce View Post
    Nice cast, but are we sure that's not a shot for Co2E?
    It's not. Superman's blue was much darker in Crisis On Two Earths​ and Hal looks different too, especially his mask.

Doom

Crisis on Two Earths

BigFatHairyDeal is online now Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was the same design template used for Doom, Co2E, and YJ?

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatHairyDeal View Post
    Was the same design template used for Doom, Co2E, and YJ?
    Co2E and YJ have the same character designer team, so there was bound to be similarities. I wonder if Bourassa and his team also did the character designs for Doom, because it looks almost identical to Co2E​, especially Martian Manhunter.

Edgar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    It's not. Superman's blue was much darker in Crisis On Two Earths​ and Hal looks different too, especially his mask.

Doom

Crisis on Two Earths
    ...also, Flash's belt-bolts are inverted back to the 'M' shape instead of the '25' shape.

sidenote: ...if this picture from TVGuide is an acurate example of the art-direction/character-models from JLoom, I'm disappointed ...IMHO, looks a bit cheaper in production quality (especially next to screen-shots from JL:Co2E) ...makes me think back to how certain episodes of past cartoon series just didn't quite match the quality of other episodes ...i.e. like how Man-Bat and Clayface episodes of BTAS seemed better animated/on-model than, say, the ninja-'Onomuri touch' episode

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm all up for less-detail models if it means more fluid animation from the key animators. A little bit of Tate Naoki or Wakabayashi Atsushi would make for some insane battle scenes with the powers the JLA. Then again, these're probably being key animated in Korea, so I guess that kills any chance for that.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

beyond94 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This particular cast was not was I had in mind but I am a very happy man now that the original cast members of Justice League and JL Unlimited with the exception of Maria Canals Hawkgirl and Phil Lamarr's GL John Stewart. are proving the voices. Tim Daly to me will always be the legendary voice of Superman just as Kevin Conroy is Batman. I'm surprised because they usually cast different actors for these projects. I'm pleased with this cast so far. I wonder if Clancy Brown will come back to do Luthor if the Legion Of Doom is involved?

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beyond94 View Post
    This particular cast was not was I had in mind but I am a very happy man now that the original cast members of Justice League and JL Unlimited with the exception of Maria Canals Hawkgirl and Phil Lamarr's GL John Stewart. are proving the voices. Tim Daly to me will always be the legendary voice of Superman just as Kevin Conroy is Batman. I'm surprised because they usually cast different actors for these projects. I'm pleased with this cast so far. I wonder if Clancy Brown will come back to do Luthor if the Legion Of Doom is involved?
    I really hope they bring Clancy back as Lex. At this point, it's necessary!

And if Ra's Al Ghul plays a part, as he did in the comic story, then I hope they can get David Warner to return.

dmxx116 is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Much better then the rumored cast that was rumored earlier but I would like to hear Christopher Daniel Barnes voice the Flash.
    I'm disappointed they not using John Stewart that would have brought back Phil LaMarr and Khary Payton as Cyborg who is very underrated in that role and one of few bright spots in Teen Titans.
    Last edited by dmxx116; 09-26-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

supergirl's pal is offline Give us a SBFF Animated Series
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're getting the band back together man!

Excellent news about the cast. I really look forward to buying this.
    This is Lauren Montgomery's last movie, so I'm glad she was able to work with Wonder Woman one last time. I hope Doom shows a tribute to Dwayne McDuffie either at the beginning or the end of the movie.

theRedDeath is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Generally I think the cast is great, but I agree that they should have gotten Khary Payton back for Cyborg. If they were going for a voice-actor allumni sort of thing, that would have made the most sense.

EDIT: Though it just occurred to me that there's no Aquaman listed! How can you do a "Tower of Babel" adaptation without Aquaman? And it's Lauren Montgomery directing too, and she actually likes Aquaman! If they cut him out, it's no wonder she quit.

---