toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    reflection is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    And Weisman suggested there were a bunch missing from Terrors as well.

Mad Hatter is offline O Frabjous Day!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say we all gather our collective nerdness to figure these missing characters out. Also, Yojimbo, where did you get the specific character count for that episodes?
    "A lonely wretch named Jervis Tetch."
    "In Wonderland, the Mad Hatter reigns supreme!" - Mad as a Hatter

Thor on May 6th, 2011!
    Green Lantern on June 17th, 2011!
    Captain America: The First Avenger on July 22nd, 2010!

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I say we all gather our collective nerdness to figure these missing characters out. Also, Yojimbo, where did you get the specific character count for that episodes?
    I gather news like this for my website and list them all by category on the first post of Young Justice's News and Discussion threads. Here's what we have to go by:

1. By Episode 16, 135 DC characters have appeared Ask Greg 8/23/10 (4th to last paragraph)
    2. By Episode 17, 147 DC characters have appeared Ask Greg 9/3/10 (third paragraph)
    3. By Episode 24, 174 DC characters have appeared MTV 1/14/11 Article (4th Weisman response)
    4. By Episode 26/season finale, 179 total DC characters have appeared. But that includes omitted characters like Catherine Cobert. Ask Greg 2/24/11 (line 16)+ Ask Greg 2/7/12 (talk about omissions)
    5. 62 new characters introduced in season two/Young Justice: Invasion to bring a total count of 241 Newsarama Article 3/17/12
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 21, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Like I said above, seems like a combination of characters we're not identifying and a bunch of omitted characters. For example, for "Disordered" we were supposed to have 12 characters but in the episode, we only spotted 9.
    I think it was mentioned Mannheim flunkies are probably named Intergang characters.

I had some wild wild guesses on the museum curator from Secrets too, but the only two that come up are too far fetched. Its easy to find, but I just can't justify them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    I think it was mentioned Mannheim flunkies are probably named Intergang characters.

I had some wild wild guesses on the museum curator from Secrets too, but the only two that come up are too far fetched. Its easy to find, but I just can't justify them.
    By the end of episode 17, 147 characters were supposed to appear, and by the end of episode 18, 150 characters were supposed to appear, so there are only 3 new characters in "Secrets"-Harm, Secret, and Detective Daniels.

Since everyone with a name on the show seems to be a DC character, it wouldn't surprise me if Mannheim's henchmen, Norman is an existing character. By that logic the pilot-girl from "Misplaced" is also likely a DC character-her name was Amber Joyce and there is an existing DC character with that name.

And since some characters identities are counted separately, I think that Jim Lockhart is likely counted separate from Red Torpedo, and that Danette Reilly is separate from Red Inferno, especially since in the mainstream comics they existed as different people. Who knows how many characters this rule applies to?

Another possibility is that Mother-Box and Father-Box are considered characters, since they're from the comics and have minds of their own. There are 12 characters this episode, but since the Super-Cycle technically appeared in episode 9, that was probably considered its first appearance. So if you count the 9 certain people and the Boxs, plus Norman, you get the goal of 12.

As for subtracted characters, besides Catherine Cobert, there was a character design for Merlyn that appeared alongside early character designs for season 1. Why design him if he wasn't originally intended to be used? And you know all the shoutouts that've happened this season: Headmaster, Ibac, and Sabbac? What if their fights were originally going to be shown and they got cut for time?

Mad Hatter is offline O Frabjous Day!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's time for another character countdown. Again, no a big one this week, but, the characters that showed up partially made up for that.

155. Jack Haly
    156. King Faraday
    157. Parasite (Rudolph "Rudy" Jones)

Nice. Parasite is one of my favorite Superman villains, and he didn't disappoint me here. An excellent appearance. Jack Haly bonding with Dick at the end made me happy, and seeing King Faraday made me geek-squee. So. Awesome. And the episode was great, too. But, as for the character count statistics, we now have 157 characters (confirmed), leaving us 22 characters in 2 episodes, bringing us an average of 11 characters per episode. Maybe. This brings me to something else.

We've been talking about which characters we may have missed, or weren't confirmed in any way, OR that we know were deleted from the show OR characters that are mentioned or alluded to, but not seen. So, I've compiled a list of them:

1. Catherine Cobert
    2. Merlyn
    3. Red Torpedo (Jim Lockhart)
    4. Firebrand (Danette Reilly)
    5. Mother-Box
    6. Father-Box
    7. Norman the Intergang Henchman
    8. The museum curator from "Secrets"
    9. Headmaster
    10. Ibac
    11. Sabbac
    12. John Grayson
    13. Mary Grayson
    14. Titano
    15. Richard Dragon

Let me know if I missed any. We still need to try and identify any prisoners we can from Belle Reve. BUT, if these characters are to be counted, that brings our count to 172 (including Amber Joyce, who I am putting in the count now. I didn't see the post in the Misplaced thread before showing her real name in the credits. That's why the numbers above don't match the numbers in the previous post. All the numbers on the front page match up.) That means, with these possible characters, we have 7 characters left in 2 episodes, bringing the average to 3.5 per episode. Let's see if we can find anymore.

See you next week!
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 04-22-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    "A lonely wretch named Jervis Tetch."
    "In Wonderland, the Mad Hatter reigns supreme!" - Mad as a Hatter

Thor on May 6th, 2011!
    Green Lantern on June 17th, 2011!
    Captain America: The First Avenger on July 22nd, 2010!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    2. Merlyn
    9. Merlyn
    You counted Merlyn twice. And Robin's dad's name was John, Richard was his uncle who I don't think was a comic character. And Rocket's real name is still incorrect on the main page; her real name is Raquel, not Rachel.

If we're super-lucky, Greg might be nice and post the list of 179 characters once season 1 is finished.

Lord Sidious is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Sneak Peak from CN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWzCo...hannel&list=UL

This is just a THEORY BUT I think Greg and Co gave us a hint on the JL Authorization numbers
    Spoiler:
    on Superman's speech where the all the JL is present minus Zatarra who is 11

From Right to Left starting with Superman 01 to The Batman 02 and WW 03 and so on.

Everyone is on their right numbers EXCEPT for Red Tornado and Captain Marvel...

....Meaning there is a chance that John Stewart and Captain Atom may also be at wrong order.

But as of now I say, Captain Atom is 12 while John Stewart is 14

Black Canary's number is alsoCONFIRMED
    but I don't want to say it yet because it's consider a SPOILER for some reason. And I don't know how to do that Spoiler Hidden Tag.

Mod Note: Go to the DC Animation Forum Rules, it includes instructions on how to make the spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 04-13-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think any new characters appeared in the last two episodes.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    On the list I've been keeping, I've got 159 name characters out of 179 for season one logged down (158+Catherine Cobert) so for me, at least, there's 20 characters that remain unidentified and/or some deleted at the script level like Cobert. The mystery continues I suppose. How much does everyone else have?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Starz View Post
    I don't think any new characters appeared in the last two episodes.
    Technically, that was the first appearance of The Atom in "Usual Suspects" if one doesn't count photos and things like that.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 21, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource