toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Lonewolf36 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I decided to leave my original guess on the first page for the heck of it. But you're quite right, here's another update with Captain Marvel:

01 Superman
    02 Batman
    03 Wonder Woman
    04 Flash
    05 Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    06 Aquaman
    07 Martian Manhunter
    08 Green Arrow
    09 Black Canary
    10 Captain Atom
    11 Zatara
    12 Hawkman
    13 Hawkwoman
    14 Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    15 Captain Marvel
    16 Red Tornado

Odd how we still haven't got confirmation on Black Canary yet (or have we and I just missed it?)
    During Comic-Con's original promotional video of Young Justice a board seen with the Justice League character design sheets had the members listed in what seems to be the order they joined or at least the ones that have been confirmed so far.

01 Superman
    02 Batman (Confirmed)
    03 Wonder Woman
    04 Flash (Confirmed)
    05 Green Lantern (Hal)
    06 Aquaman (Confirmed)
    07 Martian Manhunter (Confirmed)
    08 Green Arrow (Confirmed)

Bottom
    09 Hawkman
    10 Hawkwman
    11 Zatara (Confirmed)
    12 Captain Atom
    13 Black Canary
    14 Green Lantern (John)
    15 Captain Marvel (Confirmed)
    16 Red Tornado (Confirmed)

At least one other one on the list we be confirmed by season's end also following the order seen in the original promo vid so it is most likely that this was the joining order.

TAS257 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    During Comic-Con's original promotional video of Young Justice a board seen with the Justice League character design sheets had the members listed in what seems to be the order they joined or at least the ones that have been confirmed so far.

01 Superman
    02 Batman (Confirmed)
    03 Wonder Woman
    04 Flash (Confirmed)
    05 Green Lantern (Hal)
    06 Aquaman (Confirmed)
    07 Martian Manhunter (Confirmed)
    08 Green Arrow (Confirmed)

Bottom
    09 Hawkman
    10 Hawkwman
    11 Zatara (Confirmed)
    12 Captain Atom
    13 Black Canary
    14 Green Lantern (John)
    15 Captain Marvel (Confirmed)
    16 Red Tornado (Confirmed)

At least one other one on the list we be confirmed by season's end also following the order seen in the original promo vid so it is most likely that this was the joining order.
    Yeah, I think this is the most logical order. Plus the order shown in the video has matched up with all the other characters so far, so it stands that the rest should as well.

TAS257

Lord Sidious is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup that LIST above is right!!!!

Spoiler:
    Black Canary is also confirmed to be 13.
    The Hawks are also confirmed in the comics as 09 and 10.

Superman, WW, and Hal are obvious.

I don't know if this is consider a SPOILER but: Highlight below to see

Spoiler:
    The whole League was lined up on that order when Supes was giving his speech to the public.

Except that Tornado and Cap Marvel were in reverse places.

I'm happy that Superman is the face of the JL and figurehead to the public while The Batman is the brains behind the JL.

Mad Hatter is offline O Frabjous Day!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK, next episode count. GO:

150. Atom (Ray Palmer)
    151. Match

Sooooooooo...yeah. Not that much this time around, huh? Do I care? NO!!!! This episode was AWESOME! Superboy's true origin revealed, Match AKA Bizarro Superboy unveiled, and a new Justice League roster is created, waiting to be revealed in the next episode. But, even if I really like this episode (and I definitely do), it REALLY crippled the character count. How? Well...

Here are the statistics: We have 2 new characters, leaving us 28 characters in 4 more episodes, which gives us an average of 7 characters per episode. And NOW we have a HUGE problem. HELP ME FIND MORE CHARACTERS. Because we won't get 28 in the next four, I'm sure of it. So, please, give me a hand. Anyway, I'll see you next week in Insecurity.
    "A lonely wretch named Jervis Tetch."
    "In Wonderland, the Mad Hatter reigns supreme!" - Mad as a Hatter

Thor on May 6th, 2011!
    Green Lantern on June 17th, 2011!
    Captain America: The First Avenger on July 22nd, 2010!

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Yup that LIST above is right!!!!
    How do you know that Captain Atom joined before John Stewart though? Given that Greg has said a couple of times that both Hal and John were likely involved in the original excavation of the Cave that the Team is currently using, John would seem to have been on the League for a long time. For that reason, he's likely 12, and Captain Atom 14.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    150. Atom (Ray Palmer)
    Justice was done! I'm happy

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    How do you know that Captain Atom joined before John Stewart though? Given that Greg has said a couple of times that both Hal and John were likely involved in the original excavation of the Cave that the Team is currently using, John would seem to have been on the League for a long time. For that reason, he's likely 12, and Captain Atom 14.
    I haven't seen the rest of the season, but I think Captain Atom and John Stewart's numerical designations are the last of the original 16 that are in contention when the season ends? Since Hawkman and Hawkwoman appeared in the flashback in Issues #1-2 that took place 4 years ago, we can assume rather surely they are 9 and 10 but I don't think it's been confirmed absolutely in the show nor the comic yet by the computer.

150. Atom (Ray Palmer)
    To be accurate, the Atom was first mentioned in "Failsafe" by Cat Grant in the simulation or are you going by when his design was shown in "Agendas"?

And NOW we have a HUGE problem. HELP ME FIND MORE CHARACTERS. Because we won't get 28 in the next four, I'm sure of it. So, please, give me a hand. Anyway, I'll see you next week in Insecurity.
    Naturally. We won't have the numbers match up with Mr. Weisman's since he included deleted characters - we only know of Catherine Cobert so far. And yesterday, he did say most of the prisoners in Belle Reve are name characters so I'm thinking if we knew who they all were, we'd be nearly in sync with his previous statements.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler:
    It was hinted at episode 25. But I don't want to give out spoilers here.

But you could still be right. But after seeing episode 25 Cap Atom is more likely ahead of Stewart.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 03-26-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Mod Note: Spoiler Tag added

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK, obviously we're nowhere near the required count, BUT, we still might be able to get there. We need to get to the last episode, and when we see how many are left, we can figure it out from there. You might also be wondering why I'm posting this so late. Reason is, I was pretty sure that there were no new characters in the most recent episode. BUT, I recently got the information I was hoping for, and as a result, two new characters popped up. And that information: who was Mr. Jones at the beginning? Turns out that it was:

152. Bernell "Bowstring" Jones
    153. Cissie King-Jones

Yeah, I know, there are only two. But one of those two is ARROWETTE. Totally worth it. And the episode was good too. I personally really enjoyed it. As for the character count, we've now got 153 characters, leaving us with 26 episodes in 3 more epiTHREEMOREPISODES??? OH GOD, I DIDN'T REALIZE WE WERE THAT CLOSE TO THE END!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Yeah, I know that another season is coming up, but still, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Anyway, that gives us an average of 8.67 characters per episode. Soooooooooo, yeah. Still have aways to go, eh? Oh, well. See you next week.

Thor on May 6th, 2011!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As for the character count, we've now got 153 characters, leaving us with 26...Anyway, that gives us an average of 8.67 characters per episode. Soooooooooo, yeah. Still have aways to go, eh? Oh, well. See you next week.
    Like I said above, seems like a combination of characters we're not identifying and a bunch of omitted characters. For example, for "Disordered" we were supposed to have 12 characters but in the episode, we only spotted 9.

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And Weisman suggested there were a bunch missing from Terrors as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say we all gather our collective nerdness to figure these missing characters out. Also, Yojimbo, where did you get the specific character count for that episodes?

Thor on May 6th, 2011!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say we all gather our collective nerdness to figure these missing characters out. Also, Yojimbo, where did you get the specific character count for that episodes?
    I gather news like this for my website and list them all by category on the first post of Young Justice's News and Discussion threads. Here's what we have to go by:

1. By Episode 16, 135 DC characters have appeared Ask Greg 8/23/10 (4th to last paragraph)
    2. By Episode 17, 147 DC characters have appeared Ask Greg 9/3/10 (third paragraph)
    3. By Episode 24, 174 DC characters have appeared MTV 1/14/11 Article (4th Weisman response)
    4. By Episode 26/season finale, 179 total DC characters have appeared. But that includes omitted characters like Catherine Cobert. Ask Greg 2/24/11 (line 16)+ Ask Greg 2/7/12 (talk about omissions)
    5. 62 new characters introduced in season two/Young Justice: Invasion to bring a total count of 241 Newsarama Article 3/17/12

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Like I said above, seems like a combination of characters we're not identifying and a bunch of omitted characters. For example, for "Disordered" we were supposed to have 12 characters but in the episode, we only spotted 9.
    I think it was mentioned Mannheim flunkies are probably named Intergang characters.

I had some wild wild guesses on the museum curator from Secrets too, but the only two that come up are too far fetched. Its easy to find, but I just can't justify them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    I think it was mentioned Mannheim flunkies are probably named Intergang characters.

I had some wild wild guesses on the museum curator from Secrets too, but the only two that come up are too far fetched. Its easy to find, but I just can't justify them.
    By the end of episode 17, 147 characters were supposed to appear, and by the end of episode 18, 150 characters were supposed to appear, so there are only 3 new characters in "Secrets"-Harm, Secret, and Detective Daniels.

Since everyone with a name on the show seems to be a DC character, it wouldn't surprise me if Mannheim's henchmen, Norman is an existing character. By that logic the pilot-girl from "Misplaced" is also likely a DC character-her name was Amber Joyce and there is an existing DC character with that name.

And since some characters identities are counted separately, I think that Jim Lockhart is likely counted separate from Red Torpedo, and that Danette Reilly is separate from Red Inferno, especially since in the mainstream comics they existed as different people. Who knows how many characters this rule applies to?

Another possibility is that Mother-Box and Father-Box are considered characters, since they're from the comics and have minds of their own. There are 12 characters this episode, but since the Super-Cycle technically appeared in episode 9, that was probably considered its first appearance. So if you count the 9 certain people and the Boxs, plus Norman, you get the goal of 12.

As for subtracted characters, besides Catherine Cobert, there was a character design for Merlyn that appeared alongside early character designs for season 1. Why design him if he wasn't originally intended to be used? And you know all the shoutouts that've happened this season: Headmaster, Ibac, and Sabbac? What if their fights were originally going to be shown and they got cut for time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's time for another character countdown. Again, no a big one this week, but, the characters that showed up partially made up for that.

155. Jack Haly
    156. King Faraday
    157. Parasite (Rudolph "Rudy" Jones)

Nice. Parasite is one of my favorite Superman villains, and he didn't disappoint me here. An excellent appearance. Jack Haly bonding with Dick at the end made me happy, and seeing King Faraday made me geek-squee. So. Awesome. And the episode was great, too. But, as for the character count statistics, we now have 157 characters (confirmed), leaving us 22 characters in 2 episodes, bringing us an average of 11 characters per episode. Maybe. This brings me to something else.

We've been talking about which characters we may have missed, or weren't confirmed in any way, OR that we know were deleted from the show OR characters that are mentioned or alluded to, but not seen. So, I've compiled a list of them:

1. Catherine Cobert
    2. Merlyn
    3. Red Torpedo (Jim Lockhart)
    4. Firebrand (Danette Reilly)
    5. Mother-Box
    6. Father-Box
    7. Norman the Intergang Henchman
    8. The museum curator from "Secrets"
    9. Headmaster
    10. Ibac
    11. Sabbac
    12. John Grayson
    13. Mary Grayson
    14. Titano
    15. Richard Dragon

Let me know if I missed any. We still need to try and identify any prisoners we can from Belle Reve. BUT, if these characters are to be counted, that brings our count to 172 (including Amber Joyce, who I am putting in the count now. I didn't see the post in the Misplaced thread before showing her real name in the credits. That's why the numbers above don't match the numbers in the previous post. All the numbers on the front page match up.) That means, with these possible characters, we have 7 characters left in 2 episodes, bringing the average to 3.5 per episode. Let's see if we can find anymore.

See you next week!
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 04-22-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Thor on May 6th, 2011!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2. Merlyn
    9. Merlyn
    You counted Merlyn twice. And Robin's dad's name was John, Richard was his uncle who I don't think was a comic character. And Rocket's real name is still incorrect on the main page; her real name is Raquel, not Rachel.

If we're super-lucky, Greg might be nice and post the list of 179 characters once season 1 is finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Sneak Peak from CN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWzCo...hannel&list=UL

This is just a THEORY BUT I think Greg and Co gave us a hint on the JL Authorization numbers
    Spoiler:
    on Superman's speech where the all the JL is present minus Zatarra who is 11

From Right to Left starting with Superman 01 to The Batman 02 and WW 03 and so on.

Everyone is on their right numbers EXCEPT for Red Tornado and Captain Marvel...

....Meaning there is a chance that John Stewart and Captain Atom may also be at wrong order.

But as of now I say, Captain Atom is 12 while John Stewart is 14

Black Canary's number is alsoCONFIRMED
    but I don't want to say it yet because it's consider a SPOILER for some reason. And I don't know how to do that Spoiler Hidden Tag.

Mod Note: Go to the DC Animation Forum Rules, it includes instructions on how to make the spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 04-13-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think any new characters appeared in the last two episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the list I've been keeping, I've got 159 name characters out of 179 for season one logged down (158+Catherine Cobert) so for me, at least, there's 20 characters that remain unidentified and/or some deleted at the script level like Cobert. The mystery continues I suppose. How much does everyone else have?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Starz View Post
    I don't think any new characters appeared in the last two episodes.
    Technically, that was the first appearance of The Atom in "Usual Suspects" if one doesn't count photos and things like that.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast