toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Dreyfus is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

There is that rumor about a Catwoman short written by Paul Dini.

SSJBatman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyfus View Post
    There is that rumor about a Catwoman short written by Paul Dini.
    If it's true, I might just buy whatever DVD (If I hate it or not) Just for that, as long as it uses the modern Catwoman comics outfit 8D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If there is one (would love to get a Black Canary/BOP short in a future dvd) it will probably be on the next Batman movie.

Dreyfus is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    (would love to get a Black Canary/BOP short in a future dvd)
    So would I. For now though, she's going to have to settle for being a secondary character in Green Arrow's short.

ToonEGuy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhunter View Post

I think the Batman: TAS Catwoman was the best one, but I bet I would have liked to have seen her look like this in that series as well. I guess they tried to do that with TNBA, but it just seems a bit weird that wearing that costume would somehow give her white skin. I thought the white skin thing looked better on Poison Ivy than Catwoman.

JThree is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok. I wish someone could put up the early seventies outfit that Catwoman wore, and was used most recently in "Night of the BatMen." That's one of my favorites--it was a dark and light blue leotard with some red thrown in.

I have to confess I have a sentimental feeling for the "green" outfit was used in the sixties animated version and in the comics. Also those "Cats-Eye" masks are cool.

But I absolutely hate the current comic book version --it looks too butch, and Selina's beautiful hair is chopped off. Hate it! Hate it. Hate it.

I also dislike the purple grey late fifties dress outfit that was used in the Brave and The Bold animated --- it was way. . . . too bulky and looked too heavy. Never liked it at all.

I was hoping that BBATB producers would use the outfit in "Night of the Batmen" one more time before the series finished, but I guess it's not to be.

This picture does get my vote, and I wish someone would collect Mr Timm's illustrations like this in a trade paperback. Why couldn't they have gone with this for the BTAS?

JThree

Mod Note: Images too large, downsized to links.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 08-13-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Radical is offline The Face of Evilness & Sadism!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's my favorite Catwoman designs to the most awesome sexy popular DC supervillainess/anti-heroine:

Her The New Adventures of Batman design looks pretty sweet with the orange costume and nice cat symbol.

Her The New Batman Adventures design looks so amazing with the nice darker black costume look, the white eyes, and white make-up on her face.

Don't know if this counts, but her design in Robot Chicken in action figure form looks pretty sweet with the nice purple-style costume look as much as that version of Catwoman was hilarious, hahahahaha.

Her The Batman design looks so awesome with the new upgraded style in her costume with cool claws/collar and sweet goggles.

Her two original/Silver Age Batman: The Brave And The Bold designs look super awesome with the sweet purple dress-like costume and the cool 1970s black costume with the cool freaky cat's eyes red mask from Night of the Batmen:anime:.

Her Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe design is super hot and awesome with the cool goggles and sweet black costume!!!!!!

Her Batman: Year One design was pretty awesome with the nice black costume design.

That design from Paul Dini's cool fanart picture looks so fantastic and super hot, that should so get animated in the future, you rock Lucho and JThree for bringing that cool fanart picture!!!!!!!

Even in the comics, Catwoman has so many awesome hot designs as well which is so epic!!!!!
    Last edited by Radical; 04-09-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Ok. I wish someone could put up the early seventies outfit that Catwoman wore, and was used most recently in "Night of the BatMen." That's one of my favorites--it was a dark and light blue leotard with some red thrown in.
    Here's four grabs of her in that costume in the spoiler tag

Spoiler:

Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

JThree is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [.

That design from JThree's cool fanart picture looks so fantastic and super hot, that should so get animated in the future!!!!!!!

Sorry, it's not me, it's Mr. Dini.

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Here's four grabs of her in that costume in the spoiler tag

Spoiler:

So what do you guys think of THIS outfit? Too much? Too little?

I think somebody referred to it as the "puss n' boots" outfit.

JThree

Mod Note: Merged Double Post. Please edit your first post in the future rather than post twice in a row.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 08-13-2011 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Double post

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The version from The Batman is easiest my favorite.
    Love how they handled her claws, her mask, the collar around her neck and especially the goggles. The design also gets bonus points for using her whip as a tail to complete the cat look. Also the design for Selina Kyle was very good looking.

Second would be the Bruce Timm version, but namely just his original drawing of her as opposed to how that design was converted for animation... something was just lost in the conversion. Though in a way you might say that's less to do with the design itself and more about how well the design was drawn.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    The version from The Batman is easiest my favorite.
    Love how they handled her claws, her mask, the collar around her neck and especially the goggles. The design also gets bonus points for using her whip as a tail to complete the cat look. Also the design for Selina Kyle was very good looking.
    That one is easily my favourite too. It's a shame she didn't appear in that show more. I would've gladly sacrificed one of the many Penguin or Joker episodes for more Catwoman ones.

ganon51 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Animated wise, it is the BTAS design since it makes her look human and sexy and a bit dangerous. I hate how whtie and emtionless she looks in TNBA. Wish they had gone with the Black version of the BTAS design with little gloves or full gloves.

Agreed, not sure about the gloves though. Apparently the creators of 'The Batman' have a thing for extremely skinny girls, just look at batgirl and poison ivy in that show and then look how well proportioned they are in BTAS.
    Last edited by ganon51; 04-15-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Manhunter is offline Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Found this "animated-style" pic of the "The Dark Knight Rises" Catwoman:

http://puddlesgathering.com/blog/img...r_catwoman.png
    "No man escapes the Manhunters!"

Aaron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Manhunter View Post
    Found this "animated-style" pic of the "The Dark Knight Rises" Catwoman:

http://puddlesgathering.com/blog/img...r_catwoman.png
    THAT is pretty darn awesome.
    Too bad, I haven't had that reaction to ANYTHING about the actual film.. except how excited I got when I heard it was the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    The B:TAS design is easily my favorite from those versions.

However, I would love to one day see my overall favorite Catwoman, Jim Balent's version, in animation:

THIS is definitely my favorite costume as well.

But of the animated ones, I'll have to go with Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Just love the retro look, with the purple dress and green cape.
    2nd place goes to the grey/black Batman: The Animated Series design. Mostly because it honestly reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer.
    3rd place goes to The Batman.
    My favorite look for her on THAT show, though, was when she stole Batman's belt, and wore it with no mask in front of the mirror. Totally reminded me of the '66 Adam West Batman, Catwoman costumes.

ganon51 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So overall I'm going to go with the all black version of BTAS cat woman's design. How can anyone not fall in love with it??
    Last edited by ganon51; 01-15-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Azrael24 is offline why?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My fav catwoman design is the btas and the batman one as a close second. But the selina is waaay sexy in the batman. I don't like any other selinas at all.

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/the...atwoman/03.jpg

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/the...atwoman/06.jpg

http://worldsfinestonline.com/WF/the...atwoman/09.jpg

graysongirl is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the TNBA version the best. It's sleek and sophisticated, and makes her look literally like a cat burglar.

while i liked catwoman on The Batman, the design always reminded me more of a chinchilla...
    ~Marching Band, Marching Band, We Go Hard In Marching Band!~

~Aaaaaaaaaaaand Scene!~

young101 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post

I have to confess I have a sentimental feeling for the "green" outfit was used in the sixties animated version and in the comics. Also those "Cats-Eye" masks are cool.

But I absolutely hate the current comic book version --it looks too butch, and Selina's beautiful hair is chopped off. Hate it! Hate it. Hate it.

I also dislike the purple grey late fifties dress outfit that was used in the Brave and The Bold animated --- it was way. . . . too bulky and looked too heavy. Never liked it at all.

I was hoping that BBATB producers would use the outfit in "Night of the Batmen" one more time before the series finished, but I guess it's not to be.

This picture does get my vote, and I wish someone would collect Mr Timm's illustrations like this in a trade paperback. Why couldn't they have gone with this for the BTAS?
    I liked the design from the catwoman short (off batman year one)

Also if you check amazon, there is a book that has a collection of bruce timm's girl pinups if you're into it.

JTMarsh is offline Wing Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    THAT is pretty darn awesome.
    Too bad, I haven't had that reaction to ANYTHING about the actual film.. except how excited I got when I heard it was the last one.

THIS is definitely my favorite costume as well.
    That's my favorite costume as well. Bit of a shame that it would never look right on film.

quigonkenny is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Arkham City, hands down (with BTAS a distant but solid second).

No one ever said it couldn't be from game animation... ^_^

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast