toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thundercleese is offline .......holders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How did flash get his powers

Like This Thread!
    i know im the only one who dosen't know this, so please help me

BatKid is offline The True Batman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The current Flash (Wally West) got his powers by accident. At the time, Wally was young. He was talking with the current Flash at the time (Barry Allen) about he wanted to be just like him, when lighting hit the area, and chemicals fell on Wally. It was exactly how Barry got his powers also. So, it was by a stroke of luck that made Wally what he is today. Hope that helps a bit.
    "We could have changed the world...NOW...look at us...I've become a political liability...and you...you're a JOKE...I want you...to REMEMBER, Clark...in all the years to come...in your most private moments...I want you to remember MY HAND...AT YOUR THROAT...I want...you to remember...the one man who BEAT you...." - Batman to Superman in DKR

Clark J. Kent Guest
    Which Flash's origin to do want? There are several dozen you know. I could tell you them all.

Thundercleese is offline .......holders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    name them all kent

Clark J. Kent Guest
    Originally posted by Thundercleese
    name them all kent
    Fine. Let's get crazy!

FLASH I — JAY GARRICK
    Jay Garrick was just a student in Midwestern University in 1938, working in the chemistry lab late at night on some experiments concerning 'hard water.' After many hours, he decided to take a break from the work and have a cigarette. He spilled the hard water on other chemicals and the fumes knocked him out.

He was found the following morning, rushed to a hospital and was in a coma for weeks. Garrick was released and found he had super-speed. Formerly dubbed 'Lead-Foot' on his college football team, he used his powers to win an important game for his team and won the respect of everyone, and Joan Williams, the girl he had a crush on. He decided to become a costumed crimefighter, having read about some others in the news, and the rest is history.

FLASH II — BARRY ALLEN
    Barry Allen was late for everything. He was the slowest man ever to live, which annoyed his boss and his girlfriend Iris to no end.

One night, he was working late at the lab when lightning struck a shelf of chemicals, bathing him in them. He got up and, resolving to clean the mess in the morning, left.

To his frustration, he'd just missed a taxi and began to chase after it. He quickly ran much farther past the car, baffled by how he outran a moving car. He went to a diner and witnessed a waitress dropping a tray of food... in slow motion. Slow motion to Barry anyway. He'd become so fast that things started appearing in slow motion to him. He soon realized his gift and, inspired by the adventures of Jay Garrick, became the second Flash.

FLASH III — Wally West
    Wally West, the nephew of Barry Allen's girlfriend, was the President of Blue Valley Flash Fan Club. He hated his parents and living in Blue Valley. One summer, his aunt Iris offered to take him to Central City and hang out with her. He loved his Aunt Iris, and went along.

There, Barry Allen offered Wally a chance to meet the Flash. Barry brought Wally to his office and quickly changed into the Flash costume. He showed Wally how he got his powers, to which Wally expressed how much he wished he could have powers too. "Lightning never strikes in the same place twice, kid," Barry said.

But it did. The exact accident that gave Barry his powers made Wally West a superhero: Kid Flash!

And that's how it was for years. Barry and Wally sharing everything and being best friends. Wally idolized his "Uncle" Barry, and when Barry was killed during The Crisis, Wally was cured of a disease that prevented him from using speed. Taking up Barry's costume and moniker, Wally West became the Flash in honor of his father figure.

Note: The identity of the Dark Flash is a secret that kept the story moving during Flash 150 - 159. If you want to know the secret, read ahead. If you're planning on reading the issues in question anytime soon, THIS CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILERS. Proceed with caution.
    THE "DARK FLASH"
    Spoiler:
    WALTER WEST
    The story of Walter West is probably the most complicated, as it involves such a great depth of background.

Linda was kidnapped by Abra-Kadabra. When Wally went broke the Speed Force, he used Linda as a link back to our world. If she exists outside of all dimensions, Kadabra reasoned, Wally won't be able to get back. And so she was brought to a place outside of all reality, and the memory of her was erased from everyone who might be looking for her. But she escaped, and fell through Hypertime, looking for her home world. She thought she found her home, and thought she found Wally. Except this Wally had blue eyes. Not green.

Walter "Wally" West was the same as Wally in every way, but lived in another dimension. Literally. He lived in another branch of Hypertime, a dimension where he was not able to save Linda from being killed by Kobra. It drove him crazy, and he became tough and merciless in dealing with criminals. Seeing her alive again drove him crazy and he was so intense and possessive that he frightened her...

Wally West, in the meantime, was fighting Cobalt Blue, Barry Allen's apparent twin who hated his brother for being the Flash and having all the glory, so Cobalt Blue killed Barry before Barry could save the universe in The Crisis. Wally ran back through time and saved Barry and then defeated Cobalt Blue by bringing him into the Speed Force, sacrificing his own life.

And back to Linda, who was saved from Walter's craziness by Wally, who wasn't dead after. He'd pinpointed her location in Hypertime and came to be with her.

Walter was amazed. Amazed by Wally's love for Linda, and his heroic attitude, Walter was turned back into a kind human being. And then, Abra Kadabra killed Wally and Linda before Walter's eyes. Walter accelerated his own metabolism to heal the wounds Kadabra inflicted, and aged 10 years. He vowed revenge on Kadabra and, with a new costume, traveled to our timeline to seek it out.

THE FLASH IV — IRIS WEST
    The excellent Kingdom Come series by Mark Waid and Alex Ross introduced a nameless younger Flash in a costume strikingly similar to that of Wally's "Kid Flash" uniform.

The Kingdom's issue "Kid Flash" shows a possible future in which Wally had two kids; Barry, a lazy good for nothing loser that Wally wants to make the next Flash, and Iris, a girl eager to please her emotionally distant father and anxious to take over the role of Flash. We are to assume that his children got their powers genetically as no mention is ever made of lab accidents giving them their superspeed.

Listen, there are origins of hundreds of other speedsters and a handful of other "Flashes" to deal with. I'm tired of typing.

If you're not satisfied, I'll come back tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    clark

you are quite right in calling KC "excellent"

Clark J. Kent Guest
    If you liked Kingdom Come, Hornet, you will surely love James Robinson's THE GOLDEN AGE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    havent heard of it

honestly Kingdom Come is what got me back into comics after a 4 year or so hiatus