toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment On This Release!

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll

2 50.00%
  • ****1/2

1 25.00%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

1 25.00%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Volume One" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Four Batman: The Brave and The Bold adventures arrive on DVD!

Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Volume One
    Studio: Warner Home Video
    Release Date: August 25th, 2009

Synopsis: Batman isn't going at it alone this time! From Warner Bros. Animation comes the latest interpretation of the classic Batman franchise. Our caped crusader is teamed up with heroes from across the DC Universe, delivering nonstop action and adventure with a touch of comic relief. Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Aquaman and countless others will get a chance to uphold justice alongside Batman. Though still based in Gotham, Batman will frequently find himself outside city limits, facing situations that are both unfamiliar and exhilarating. With formidable foes around every corner, Batman will still rely on his stealth, resourcefulness and limitless supply of cool gadgets to bring justice home.

Bonus Features:
    -Trailers

Episodes Included:
    -Rise of the Blue Beetle!
    -Terror on Dinosaur Island!
    -Evil Under the Sea!
    -Invasion of the Secret Santas!

Please discuss the episodes in the appropriate talkbacks, links provided above. Please remember this thread is to discuss this DVD release.

Discuss This DVD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't find it that annoying that WB is releasing it in these small volumes, I liked this DVD. It's worth a rent. It's nice to see these episodes in that high quality. I went through the trailers, and saw one for The Zeta Project. The trailer for it is good, but the show's animation is so bad that when it is put in this high quality and shown off after watching a show with great animation, it looks terrible, but i don't remember having that much of this feeling when I watched Zeta Project before. Just the way they move their mouthes is just so annoying to look at.
    "The voices kept calling me Bruce. In my mind, that's not what I call myself."
    - Bruce Wayne/Batman

SAVE THE DCAU!!!
    IF BRUCE TIMM IS ON THE SPREE, THAN HE MUST PAY THE DCAU FEE!
    WE DEMAND SATISFACTION, WE DEMAND JUSTICE, WE DEMAND DTVs!

ABrown is offline Father of twin boys
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clownkingofcrime View Post
    I don't find it that annoying that WB is releasing it in these small volumes
    I do. I understood the small volumes back when vhs was still being released, since vhs couldn't hold nearly as much as dvds can. But vhs aren't being released anymore. So there's no reason for the small volumes.

And it really isn't even a very good arguement that they make more money with the small volumes. Because I'll argue that they'll have a lot more sales with the season sets at around $20 compared to the number of people who are willing to pay the $10 for the smaller volumes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a kids show, if a little kid who loves this show saw this dvd in a store he/she would automatically ask his/her mom/dad to buy it for them, that his how WB would make more money off of these. If they keep releasing these in small volumes in order (instead of skipping to the next season for volume 2), then I will buy this one and all the future ones, even if they have the big box season sets in the future. For now I am renting this one, that is why there is nothing wrong with this release because renting it doesn't hurt and you know that they will release big box sets in the future so this isn't the only type of release for this show and you have to remember, you don't need to buy these. I like this release cause were getting the episodes on DVD earlier rather than have to wait for Season 1 to end and then wait longer for it to be all on dvd. Plus, WB is making more money off of these which is good because then they can make more awesome cartoons and the creators of Batman The Brave And The Bold and the rest of the people who worked to make it happen get rewarded for their success.
    "The voices kept calling me Bruce. In my mind, that's not what I call myself."
    - Bruce Wayne/Batman

SAVE THE DCAU!!!
    IF BRUCE TIMM IS ON THE SPREE, THAN HE MUST PAY THE DCAU FEE!
    WE DEMAND SATISFACTION, WE DEMAND JUSTICE, WE DEMAND DTVs!

Trevor is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just picked this DVD up and it is my first exposure to Batman: The Brave and the Bold and I must say :WOW! And the animation in BTBATB is a definite improvement over the animation in The Batman series.

Really the only Batman series that beat this series in terms of animation are (and I'm talking about series that are just about Batman, not series that feature future versions of the character or team ups of the character with other characters, aside from Robin): The New Adventures of Batman (1977) & Batman The Animated Series (1992).

But the widescreen transfer looks really nice, although I wish the soundtrack had been mixed into 5.1 surround sound, but I guess the Dolby Digital 2.0 surround soundtrack presents the show as it appeared on TV.

Anyway, nice show Warner Brothers.

cartoonscartoons is offline I cant help it, if I'm lucky
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I gave it one star...only has 4 episodes.