toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Go ahead and rate it...

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll

62 32.63%
  • **** 1/2

53 27.89%

42 22.11%
  • *** 1/2

13 6.84%

8 4.21%
  • ** 1/2

4 2.11%

4 2.11%
  • * 1/2

2 1.05%

1 0.53%
  • 1/2

1 0.53%
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Justice League "The Brave & the Bold, Parts 1 & 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Episode #14 - The Brave And The Bold, Part 1
    Original Airdate - March 10th, 2002

Flash and Green Lantern stumble upon Gorilla Grodd and a plot against the secret "Gorilla City".

Episode #15 - The Brave And The Bold, Part 2
    Original Airdate - March 17th, 2002

Flash must stop Gorilla Grodd while Green Lantern attempts to disarm warheads.

Comments?

Clark J. Kent Guest

JL "The Brave & the Bold" Talkback (Spoilers)

WARNING!! This thread contains spoilers! Turn back now if you don't want the episode spoiled! There will be no second warning!

At this point in JL history, we've seen 5½ story-arcs, and twelve individual episodes. Out of them all, (although I thought that nothing would top The Enemy Below,) part one of The Brave and the Bold is the best I've ever seen.

Words cannot describe the episode I've seen tonight. I loved everything about it. All the underlying references to all the events in comics... Flash's head being really huge, Flash turning into a puppet on strings, turning into an ape, a glimpse of his origin. Spectacular!

I loved the fact that not all the League was included in this episode. I think we needed that. A break from Superman and J'Onn was welcome.

I loved the girls wanting Flash to shut up. I loved the dropping of "Solomon Grundy." I love Flash doing something substantial with his powers like saving the people from the falling rubble. I loved the use of showing everything else slow a la Carmine Infantino. I loved this episode to death!

I even liked Green Lantern.

My one complaint is the way they depict Flash's speed. He just does not look fast. If they slowed down everything else and showed him running like a human, that'd be fine. Or if they just made him one big red blur, I'd like that too. But they're trying to draw his every step, and that's really ruining the effect. We're not supposed to see how fast Flash moves. He's supposed to be too quick for the eyes.

God, I might add more later. But right now, I'm stunned at how good that episode was. Kudos to the writers!! We missed you, Dini! And good work McDuffie!!

And did anyone think about "Barry Allen" when we saw the blond cop in the station?

Creators, are you listening? Give us more episodes EXACTLY LIKE THIS.
    Last edited by Clark J. Kent; 03-10-2002 at 08:02 PM.

BatKid is offline The True Batman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope this episode is much better than the disappointing War World Part I episode. I loved the part in the commercials where Flash gave about 20 hamburgers to GL and jetted off somewhere. Gorilla Grodd also seems to be an interesting villain in this episode. I heard that Bats would show some emotion towards Diana in this arc, and I think this would be an interesting moment between the both of them.
    Last edited by BatKid; 03-10-2002 at 06:29 PM.
    "We could have changed the world...NOW...look at us...I've become a political liability...and you...you're a JOKE...I want you...to REMEMBER, Clark...in all the years to come...in your most private moments...I want you to remember MY HAND...AT YOUR THROAT...I want...you to remember...the one man who BEAT you...." - Batman to Superman in DKR

TheHuntressDiana is offline Wonder Cutie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name dropping...

. . . Grundy! Hehe . . . here come the villians!

And I have to say, I'm impressed with the falling building rescue.

Okay, commercials are almost over...be back later...
    "Ahh man . . ." -- Bianca
    "Ahh woman . . . " -- Pat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HOLY COW

This episode is *GREAT* FANTASTIC AMAZING

the begining with the Flash was just FUN, glimpsing his origin was too cool, its had pretty good dialogue, good animation and so far an interesting plot. his use of making a tornado was awesome, as is the reference to his hyper-metabolism. reminds me of the live action show on CBS

and for anyone whos about to complain that he couldnt catch that truck, the answer is he could-- but he was having TOO MUCH FUN!!

if the rest of the episode is as good as this is so far, its gonna easily own the crown as king of justice league eps so far

WOW WOW WOW

FIVE STARS

flash using his powers well, GL doing something with his ring other than a simple blast

THIS EPISODE HAD EVERYTHING but superman whuping Mongul as he should have last time

this episode has totally shown me the potential of JL to be a GREAT show

whomever wrote this episode has my thanks

in a post on the Batman Superman and Beyond board, i said that i always smiled when watching STAS and i never knew why-- this epsiode left me smiling in just the same fashion
    Last edited by The Green Hornet; 03-10-2002 at 07:28 PM.

Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was great! I loved every minute of that episode.....wow..that was just a extremely FUN episode to watch... I want more!!

-BB
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

The Flash is offline Fastest Man Alive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that was a GREAT surprise!! Can't wait till next week now.

Batman 80 is offline College Student
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What was Grodd like?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility.

Borg4of3 is offline Slish Slash Slosh!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great lines, great animation, great story, great villain ([sarcastic] a talking monkey, what kind of threat is that[/sarcastic]), great characterization, great writing, great (and hilarious) vs-match between GL and Flash, great Gorilla City flashback, great... uh lots more things!

Great episode overall! Who wrote it, Paul Dini ? My fave lines for the night:

"And you didn't want us to give him our number"
    "Get your paws off me, you stinking human!
    "Look, we have a martian's number on our speed dial; can't you just give me the benefit of the doubt?"
    "Ouch! Was that really necessary?"
    "I'm pretty sure the two of us can take down one big, dumb gorilla"
    "I hate bananas"

More later!
    http://kdingo.net/champ/pics/main.php - My Gallery.
    http://www.cityofreality.com - A Webcomic about a World Worth Saving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    a big black supersmart gorilla
    we really didnt see too much of him until the end

he beat lantern flash and soldivar though

he'll play a big part in part 2

Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast