toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate And Comment On This Feature!

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll

36 36.36%
  • ****1/2

14 14.14%

17 17.17%
  • ***1/2

12 12.12%

3 3.03%
  • **1/2

6 6.06%

5 5.05%
  • *1/2

2 2.02%

2 2.02%
  • 1/2

2 2.02%
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    maxnugget is offline Avenger of evil and ignorance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    I'm surprised to see the discussion dying so quickly in here. I think there is a lot worth talking about for this movie.
    I for one haven't watched it yet because I'm going to watch it with some friends on Friday prior to seeing IMAX Dark Knight.

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think Gotham Knight is a good show of detective work, even if you don't get to see him working the whole story. The remote control boat in Field Test was good, along with the Golf tournament and PDA thing. I don't recall a lot of detective work in Batman Begins (all I can remember off hand is the scene where he gets set on fire).
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

kid rabbit is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I HAVE A STORY FOR YOU:nicely animated is all I've got to say for this one but pale to the other shorts
    CROSSFIRE:MINDBOWLING visuels this one has a lot of Jim Lee inspired images and a good story to boot
    FIELD TEST: the most animeish of all the shorts batman is turned into the pretty boy archtype with a mystic-like weapon
    WHERE DARKNEST DWELLS:this one has batman looking the Tim Burten version it also has the most fast paced fights but it was to short to do any charter devolpment
    WORKING THROUGH THE PAIN:from a critics point of it's got the best story and charter devolpment but very slow pace like most of anything production I.G does
    DEADSHOT: this ones the best because if they decide to make a ful batman anime series MADHOUSE SHOULD DO IT their batman actully looks like batman and this is a real batman story with the anime touches we've been wanting
    a near invincible and arogent villen who need to be taken down a peg
    sharp style and movement ( like when batman tosses the PDA to det. Allen)
    and ofcourse fast pace action with battle damage showing batman bleeding from his mouth and deadshot riped mask was nice touches
    I'll say it again if they decide to make an anime series madhouse should do it

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With The Dark Knight almost upon us, let's take another look at Batman: Gotham Knight!

Batman: Gotham Knight
    Release Date: July 8th, 2008

Executive Producer: Bruce Timm
    Story by: Jordan Goldberg, Josh Olson, Greg Rucka, David Goyer, Brian Azzarello, Alan Burnett
    Directed by: Shojiro Nishimi, Futoshi Higashide, Hiroshi Morioka, Yasuhiro Aoki, Toshiyuki Kubooka, Jong-Sik Nam

Synopsis: Acclaimed screenwriters, including David Goyer (Batman Begins), Josh Olson (A History of Violence), and Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) join forces with revered animation filmmakers on six spellbinding chapters chronicling Batman's transition from novice crimefighter to The Dark Knight. These globe-spanning adventures pit Batman against the fearsome Scarecrow, the freakish Killer Croc and the unerring marksman Deadshot. Froms ome of the world's most visionary animators comes a thrilling depiction of Batman as man, myth and legend.

Comments?

Related Threads:
    -Batman: Gotham Knight DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: Gotham Knight Feature Review (Spoilers)
    -Batman Begins Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman "Child of Dreams" Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman "Death Mask" Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League: The New Frontier Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Superman Doomsday Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: Remember, this talkback thread is for discussion of the feature film. If you wish to talk about the DVD release, please click on the appropriate link above. We appreciate and encourage discussion. Please keep your posts civil, thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material. We will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. Please keep discussion ON-TOPIC!

Batman Guest
    I loved this movie! I am doing a marathon up to The Dark Knight and got to watch Gotham Knight for a second time and I still love it! It is such a great movie and it actually made me curious about the anime Batman miniseries called Death Mask! I picked that up becuz of this movie. This is my favorite DC direct to video movie yet but I'm a Batman fan so I'm biased. I liked all of the shorts but I thought the second half was better than the first. I loved all the different styles. It was a great movie but I can see why people didn't. Not me though I loved it!! I hope more people talk about it and more people see it becuz this movie deserves it!!

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just watched this the other night and thought it was great. At first I was a little worried, not having read much about it, I thought the 6 stories would all be framed by the kids in the beginning (I liked LOTDK, but that was a tribute to different eras of Batman), but that turned out to be the weakest story, and it got better and better. I liked the individual styles, both visual and writing (I could immediately tell which stories where Rucka's and Goyer's).

I think my favorite was "Working Through Pain", loved the way it explored the idea of the kind of training Bruce went through and how it may've damaged him even more. Cassandra was a great character as well. "Deadshot" is a close second for favorite, though. I expect to like these better upon rewatches. Some of the character designs and animation, like in "Field Test" takes getting used to. Come to think of it, it's almost like the episodes got better and better as the movie went along. So overall, it doesn't really lose any momentum.

Great reviews by Maxie and Ed, by the way. I keep forgetting how ambitious a project like this is. You think animated Batman that ties into the movies would be an easy sell, but they must've worked hard to put all this together. I was expecting a bit more of a larger theme/story to tie it all together, though, like you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    I have no problem with that, because I expected it from that style, although it BOGGLES MY MIND that NO ONE bothered to thank Kevin Conroy for trying to BE a younger Bruce by ACTUALLY USING his old school Bruce Wayne voice from BTAS, which EVERYONE complained hadn't been used in fifteen years! BOGGLES! NO ONE mentioned it! How about a "Thanks Mr. Kevin Animated Batman Conroy, sir! You're a valued member of the animated superhero world for your endless talent, and we're glad you used that Bruce Wayne voice we said we have missed so much for so many years!"
    I, for one, am incredibly grateful that we got Kevin Conroy back as Batman. Maybe not many years (wasn't 2007 the first year he missed after voicing Batman in some form for, like, 15 years?), but it was great to hear him again. Bruce looked really young with the style he was drawn in, but I think it was awesome Kevin used his more relaxed Bruce Wayne voice that was dropped by TNBA. Speaking of voices, it was also cool to have two of the younger Batclan members, Will Friedle and Scott Menville, along for the ride.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So now that a lot of us have seen The Dark Knight (talkback) how do you think Batman: Gotham Knight serves as the bridge between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight? Does it work? Are there continuity problems? Is there stuff they should have done to really bridge the gap between the two movies?

If you post spoilers for The Dark Knight put them in spoiler tags for those who have not seen it!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think it contributes to The Dark Knight at all. The theme of the DTV doesn't really carry over to the movie. I didn't expect that to begin with, so all is well. The idea of a bridge seems to mostly be for marketing's sake.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Rick Jones is offline Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got to see Dark Knight and enjoyed myself a great deal

Spoiler:
    It was a pretty odd experience. It was cool seeing the Russian and Maroni, but weird seeing how different their relationship seemed to be in the movie. I liked Ramirez in Crossfire so it was upsetting seeing her outcome in Dark Knight, though the character did seem to be a lot different. The Narrows got such a cool setup in GK and didn't get a mention here. I don't think these continuity issues matter in the long run though. My enjoyment of both features hasn't been hampered. I'll think of the differences in the same wway I've thought of the differences in the previous DTV's from their source material; Sure, lots of stuff was changed but it doesn't mean they can't be worthy companion pieces or standalones
    Last edited by Rick Jones; 07-23-2008 at 03:22 AM.

Soul is offline Mainly Lurking Now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There was not point in calling it a bridge.
    It's still askew within Nolan's universe.
    Kinda've a alternate timeline.

The biggest Nolan reference segment that was just pointless was "in Darkness Dwells" which sadly was written by BB & TDK scriptwriter David Goyer.

The Scarecrow's storyline was wrapped up fairly well within TDK.

The only story that felt like a decent bridge might be Crossfire.
    The rest?
    Blah.

But they were still good.