toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The World's Finest Interviews - Tucker on "Legion of Super Heroes" History & Finale

Like This Thread!
    The World's Finest had a chance to ask James Tucker a few short questions about his work on Legion of Super Heroes. Click on the image below for more.

Warner Bros. Animation also provided a host of James Tucker's favorite images from Legion of Super Heroes exclusively for the interview. The final episode of the series, "Dark Victory, Part 2," airs this weekend.

Comments?

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice interview, but it should have been longer as you'd think there'd be lots to talk about considering how quickly the show was cancelled. It was still very interesting to hear from James Tucker, anyway. I hope you guys enjoy the series finale tomorrow.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

warnerbroman is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so he likes darker eh?

maybe the is hope for TB&TB....

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting interview.

I can appreciate where they were coming from by trying to make the Legionnaires fit the Breakfast Club mold, but it didn't work for me, and I question if it worked for fans of the characters too.

It's especially interesting to note that Supergirl was in no way intended to be a part of the series. If not for that JLU episode airing when it did, perhaps this series would have been received differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, any news on when the Legion site will open up on WF? Ive been checking since November!
    http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com
    - the one stop spot for JLU action figure reviews, comic reviews, and discussion!

Ultraman is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Someone needs to make Superman X tv series!

DerekPowers is offline Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good interview, although someone really needs to ask Mr. Tucker about Brainiac's implied crush on Superman. I was really hoping it would be asked, but oh well. Maybe if I'm ever fortunate enough to meet him i'll ask and report back ...

I find it interesting that the execs wanted a "Legion" show featuring Superman to coincide with "Superman Returns". Why not just do a "The Superman" show or a brand new Sups show? Seems like an odd choice, but....
    I want to believe that the dead are not lost to us, that they speak to us, as part of something greater than us, greater than any alien force. And if you and I are powerless now, I want to believe that if we listen to it speak, it can give us the power to save ourselves.

--Fox Mulder

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I find it interesting that a man who's favorite comics are of the Dick Sprang variety, says his forte is dark type stories.

Rick Jones is offline Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So it was this close to Wildfire making it on to the show ?

Bummer

Sounds like they were going for a Mon-El type character before it was rejected for Superman-X

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it interesting that the execs wanted a "Legion" show featuring Superman

That's not what the interview said, though. They just wanted a young Superman show, and they happened to like the idea of him in the Legion. At least, that's how it read to me.

Good interview, although someone really needs to ask Mr. Tucker about Brainiac's implied crush on Superman.

Definitely. Of course, I wonder if he'd really address it even if asked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast