Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on This Issue

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

1 50.00%
  • **** 1/2

1 50.00%

0 0%
  • *** 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • ** 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • * 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    TEEN TITANS GO! #50

Written by: J. Torres
    Art by: Todd Nauck and Lary Stucker
    Cover by: Nauck

The Titans hit the big 5-0! When Robin’s out of commission, it’s up to the rest of the team to gather everyone and anyone who’s ever been a Titan to help save the day!

Comments?
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm very happy that the Private HIVE arc continued. Some nice themes came into play. I liked that the Teen Titans' story came full circle with references to "Divide and Conquer" and "Final Exam" (one of which was the first episode produced, the other the first one aired in the US).

So Speedy joined the JLU? Was that a reference to "Patriot Act" from JLU? But Teen Titans isn't in the DCAU, otherwise Robin would be Nightwing. Who were the 5 new Titans on the last page? Were 3 of them Flamebird, Mirage and Lilith? Also, did Robin give Private HIVE the chicken pox at the end? And why can't I stop thinking that that was a "Heart of Ice" reference?

With the Titans East one member short, I wonder if anyone is standing in for Speedy. Ravager, perhaps? This was a good issue. It would have been a fitting finale, but I'm so happy this isn't the end. At the end, I thought Robin was going to announce the creation of the Titans North and South!

Why did he single out Wonder Girl, Red Star and a couple of others at the end anyway? The way Robin addressed Red Star half way through the issue was pretty funny. I think Robin is jealous of Red Star spending time with Starfire!

This was a good issue, but not as captivating as the previous one. Still very good, though. I'm hoping that we will get more personality out of background characters like Kole in future issues. Lastly, is #51 coming out on the 16th of January or the 23rd?
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still haven't picked my comics up yet...but I'm glad to hear this one has nods to past continuity. And I've enjoyed the Private Hive arc more than I thought I would.

Harvey Two Face is offline Formerly Reiven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where did the Teen Titans Go! comics start? because I've been debating with myself on whether to buy them or not since I've already got the Teen Titans comics written by Geoff Johns.
    "See, to them, you're just a freak... like me!"
    "Let's put a smile on that face!"
    "Heads you live, tails, you die"
    "This party is pointless" "Everything's pointless, wanna go talk about it?
    "Everything you care about you destroy"
    "3 Words, Disgruntled Radioactive Clone"

limel is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TT:Raven/Slade View Post
    Where did the Teen Titans Go! comics start? because I've been debating with myself on whether to buy them or not since I've already got the Teen Titans comics written by Geoff Johns.
    They're pretty different. The superior is propably the Geoff Johns ones, but TTG! is still pretty fun. If you want to start collecting, start here. That is the first volume, containing the first 5 comics. There were 6 volumes so far, 5 with 5 comics each, and the latest one with 7. Here's a list, with covers for the digests and other info on them, including the specific comic stories that are included: http://www.titansgo.net/books.php?cat=5

Enjoy!
    Like indie rock? Check out The Vogans.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this issue more than #49 because it just had a better blend of action and humor and characters and whatnot. I loved Robin with chicken pox in his pjs. So funny to see him, all stern and serious, and completely vulnerable.

I was, however, under the impression that this issue would make mention of the notion that the Teen Titans watch Tiny Titans (the new comic) on tv as their favorite show. I guess that idea was axed or something.

I did not expect Private Hive to turn back to the dark side, so that was a nice twist.

Anyone else dying for a Wonder Girl solo or origin story other than me....

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I enjoyed this issue more than #49 because it just had a better blend of action and humor and characters and whatnot. I loved Robin with chicken pox in his pjs. So funny to see him, all stern and serious, and completely vulnerable.

I was, however, under the impression that this issue would make mention of the notion that the Teen Titans watch Tiny Titans (the new comic) on tv as their favorite show. I guess that idea was axed or something.

I did not expect Private Hive to turn back to the dark side, so that was a nice twist.

Anyone else dying for a Wonder Girl solo or origin story other than me....
    The Tiny Titans thing actually happened in issue 50 of the mainstream comic, not here. As for Wonder Girl, that would be cool.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Harvey Two Face is offline Formerly Reiven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by limel View Post
    They're pretty different. The superior is propably the Geoff Johns ones, but TTG! is still pretty fun. If you want to start collecting, start here. That is the first volume, containing the first 5 comics. There were 6 volumes so far, 5 with 5 comics each, and the latest one with 7. Here's a list, with covers for the digests and other info on them, including the specific comic stories that are included: http://www.titansgo.net/books.php?cat=5

Enjoy!
    Thanks a lot, I'll be sure to look into them.
    "See, to them, you're just a freak... like me!"
    "Let's put a smile on that face!"
    "Heads you live, tails, you die"
    "This party is pointless" "Everything's pointless, wanna go talk about it?
    "Everything you care about you destroy"
    "3 Words, Disgruntled Radioactive Clone"

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    So Speedy joined the JLU? Was that a reference to "Patriot Act" from JLU? But Teen Titans isn't in the DCAU, otherwise Robin would be Nightwing. Who were the 5 new Titans on the last page?
    I think it's merely a wink to fans. The way I see it, JLU and TT continuity exist in different worlds, but they have similar moments.
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked this issure, especially the cover, which is a tribue to the Marv Wolfman comic book series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast