toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    John Takis is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Spider-Man: I gave feedback during the brainstorming of BTAS Vol. 2. Producer MV Gerhard made the final selection and sequence, and I think the end result was a spectacular lineup! I'm glad you enjoyed the SUPERMAN program. If all goes well and we are able to do BATMAN BEYOND and JUSTICE LEAGUE at some point, those will certainly make for interesting challenges! At any rate, thank you for the kind words ... I am indeed a big fan of the entire DCAU, as my DVD shelf will attest! :-)

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Taking another stab at the list of episode scores which might be released on volume 3 of B:TAS. I'll go through the series in chronological order, picking 20 that could be fit onto a 4-disc set. There were 21 episodes showcased on volume 2, but I'm leaving room here for extras/bonus tracks (and there should be room - the fourth disc of volume 2 was roughly 67 minutes, leaving more than 10 minutes of space despite having 5 complete episode scores).

1. P.O.V.
    2. The Forgotten
    3. Be a Clown
    4. See No Evil
    5. Fear of Victory (minus the repeated material from Nothing to Fear, of course; the original material is amazing!)
    6. The Clock King
    7. Robin's Reckoning part 1
    8. Robin's Reckoning part 2
    9. Cat Scratch Fever
    10. Heart of Steel part 1
    11. Heart of Steel part 2
    12. Joker's Wild
    13. Tyger, Tyger
    14. Day of the Samurai
    15. Terror in the Sky
    16. I Am the Night (really want this score!)
    17. The Man Who Killed Batman (ditto!)
    18. Mudslide (ditto!)
    19. Blind as a Bat
    20. The Worry Men

This leaves 13 scores from the first 65 unreleased:

1. The Underdwellers
    2. Prophecy of Doom
    3. Dreams in Darkness
    4. Eternal Youth
    5. The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy
    6. Night of the Ninja
    7. Moon of the Wolf
    8. What is Reality?
    9. Off Balance
    10. Paging the Crime Doctor
    11. Zatanna
    12. The Mechanic
    13. His Silicon Soul

Of those 13, the only one I kind of would still want to have is His Silicon Soul, but it's arguably too similar to Heart of Steel so perhaps it shouldn't take up space that should be reserved for extras/bonus tracks.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Riddler is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Exciting to think about all the potential amazing BTAS scores there! I'm with you on I Am the Night.

If a volume 3 set were to come out around San Diego Comic Con, I imagine it might be announced around the end of June based off past releases.

I hope a TAoB&R set might follow closely behind. Some of my all time favorites are from that era... Riddler's Reform, A Bullet for Bullock, Second Chance, Time Out of Joint...

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a question for John Takis, if he sees this: when you were writing the liner notes for S:TAS vol. 1 or B:TAS vol. 2, did you have to initially do liner notes for more than the 20 or 21 episodes that ended up being selected? I'm interested to know if, for one or both of those releases, the liner notes writing process began before the final line-up of scores had been decided on.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    I hope a TAoB&R set might follow closely behind. Some of my all time favorites are from that era... Riddler's Reform, A Bullet for Bullock, Second Chance, Time Out of Joint...
    I've probably reiterated this too many times now in this thread, but the TAoB&R scores that I really want to see released are:

• House and Garden
    • Harlequinade
    • Catwalk
    • Riddler's Reform
    • Make 'Em Laugh
    • Deep Freeze
    • Batgirl Returns

All seven are simply outstanding! Though I do want Second Chance, A Bullet for Bullock and Sideshow as well, as they're also amazing.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

John Takis is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    I've got a question for John Takis, if he sees this: when you were writing the liner notes for S:TAS vol. 1 or B:TAS vol. 2, did you have to initially do liner notes for more than the 20 or 21 episodes that ended up being selected? I'm interested to know if, for one or both of those releases, the liner notes writing process began before the final line-up of scores had been decided on.
    The lineups came first, then the writing. And nope, I didn't write notes for any scores that had to subsequently get dropped.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24