toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    DC has launched a DC Nation app on iTunes that will cater specifically to the all-ages market (since you know, main line DC comics really have managed to once again alienate anyone who isn't a male and over 18 at this point. Great going there!)

The app will have a number of books free to celebrate the launch.

The article mentions that over 100 titles will be available at 99 cents each and that more will launch each week.

This app is a pretty nice move by DC. I like the fact that they realize they're missing out catering to the market segment who may not want to be weighted down by their ever-spreading continuity and other various complaints, so having a place to find all-ages stuff is cool. Also having Batman Adventures and other older comics is a really nice touch. A lot of these things have been out of print and in most cases, never collected, so good on them for that.

I do hope they haven't forgotten the Android side of the house though. The DC Comics app there hasn't been updated in months and they haven't even bothered to use the current logo.
    Wait? Both Young Justice series will be on there for a dollar an issue? Man, they're two bucks a pop for each on Comixology and there both series I want to buy (Well, I have over half of the issues of the new tie-in series physically).
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    Wait? Both Young Justice series will be on there for a dollar an issue? Man, they're two bucks a pop for each on Comixology and there both series I want to buy (Well, I have over half of the issues of the new tie-in series physically).
    The new DC Nation app and Comixology use the exact same pricing, so neither Young Justice series has issues for a dollar, although for the 90s YJ the first issue is free.

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    The new DC Nation app and Comixology use the exact same pricing, so neither Young Justice series has issues for a dollar, although for the 90s YJ the first issue is free.
    Ah, I thought that one line was implying that all of the books on the DC Nation app were a dollar. I'm aware that the first issue of the 90's Young Justice is free, that's how I know that I already enjoy the series.
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here's a preview for the DC Nation Super Sampler Flip Book which comes out tomorrow for Free Comic Book Day. The preview only includes the Superman Family Adventures.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 29, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fans of the DC Animated Universe may want to pick up DC Comics Presents: Wonder Woman Adventures #1, on sale now. The 100-page collection of Wonder Woman-themed stories from the classic Adventures in the DC Universe comic!

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not actual comics, but I thought I would post this anyway, (sorry if it is old news, but this is the first i have seen of these.)
    The DCAU lives on... aside from GTAS...
    http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=klbzkhy-kpwC
    click the link and look at all the other DCAU books they have below (yes they are for kids, but it is still cool.)

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Fans of the DC Animated Universe may want to pick up DC Comics Presents: Wonder Woman Adventures #1, on sale now. The 100-page collection of Wonder Woman-themed stories from the classic Adventures in the DC Universe comic!

I really like the cover.

Are the stories canon with the DCAU or not?
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No. Adventures in the DCU Universe was written before we got an expanded look at the canon, so there are a ton of plot inconsistencies. Kyle Rayner is still Earth's Green Lantern, Connor Hawke is Green Arrow, Flash is dating Linda Park and Barry was still his predecessor. It's a whole bunch of things.

Dusty is offline Superman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man I wish they would do a spin-off of the DCAU in the comics, like what they did for Batman Adventures in 2003 (if they can't/won't do TV shows) Sure Batman Adventures didn't last very long, but the art and stories were fun. I liked how they updated and changed a few of the characters colors and such (Ivy and Two Face.) Man wouldn't a Flash or Martian Manhunter Adventures JL style Comic rock! And don't anyone say it... the BT and Co. DCAU will never be dead. And GLTAS doesn't count... Unless BT decides to make it somehow fit into the DCAU continuity.

D.
    "Good and Great things in life are rarely ever easy... but they are worth it."

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Timm has reiterated that he has no intention of doing so. He even scoffed a bit when someone suggested that GLTAS might be about the time-displaced Hal Jordan that Static and the Justice League met in "The Once and Future Thing."