toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    rlissau is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    <<...I wonder if it'll draw in curious readers, or just make them roll their eyes...>>

I expect it will be the second-best selling issue of STRIKES of the year, behind Josh Elder's recent Superman/Batman crossover. Cuz you just can't beat Supes and The Bat together!

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I hope it sells well, then I'm a big supporter of Chris' art and he's done great things on the title.

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DC Comics released the solicitation information for their September 2008 shipping comics, including their DC animated titles (comics based on the cartoons we cover here at The World's Finest). Here's what we can expect in September from our favorite animated titles, with the information provided by DC Comics:

THE BATMAN STRIKES! #49

Written by: Matt Manning
    Cover by: Christopher Jones & Terry Beatty
    Cover by: Andie Tong

What happens when Batman and Robin chase villains around Gotham all night? Dick Grayson falls asleep in class! Between his angry teacher and the monstrous Killer Moth Robin's in for one long day. On sale September 3rd, 2008.

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE 31st CENTURY #18

Written by: J. Torres
    Art by: Ethen Beavers
    Cover by: Alexander Serra

Computer chaos hits New Metropolis, crippling the high-tech city and throwing the Legion into the Dark Ages as communications crash, starships collide and magic takes over! Brainiac 5 has to prove that science is stronger than sorcery...but will he have to give up his place in the Legion to do it? On sale September 10th, 2008.

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it looks like Chris Jones won't get to do the Wonder Woman issue he was so looking forward to do, considering the next and final issue of Batman Strikes is a Halloween themed story.

Oh well, issue 49 looks entertaining at least.

I wonder why DC haven't cancelled Legion of superheroes yet?
    Michelle Pfeiffer:
    Cool Rider, Catwoman, Diamond and all round Goddess
    http://pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com/

I'll miss you dad xx

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight 90 View Post
    Well it looks like Chris Jones won't get to do the Wonder Woman issue he was so looking forward to do, considering the next and final issue of Batman Strikes is a Halloween themed story.

Oh well, issue 49 looks entertaining at least.

I wonder why DC haven't cancelled Legion of superheroes yet?
    We can hope and pray that the 50th issue will involve Wonder Woman anyway... if only because it will have trick-or-treaters in it and that presents a shred of hope that we could have a story where Batman and Wonder Woman have to mingle with the crowd to catch a criminal. One can hope.

I guess they're being sympathetic towards LOSH (for the time being) since the show only lasted for 2 seasons. But more likely, they probably don't want to annoy J. Torres even further, who was also the main writer for TTG!
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

limel is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    I guess they're being sympathetic towards LOSH (for the time being) since the show only lasted for 2 seasons. But more likely, they probably don't want to annoy J. Torres even further, who was also the main writer for TTG!
    Look at how long TTG lasted past the show's end; it was almost 30 issues, or 2 and 1/2 years! The reason it never got replaced, as far as I could tell, was because: a.) It lasted a short amount of time and was still getting strong sales, and b.) There was nothing to replace it;all the series that recently ended ended because there were things that replaced them[TTG with Tiny Titans, JLU with Superfriends, TBS with Brave and the Bold]. I think that's what's happening here; they recently started getting really good numbers, and there's also nothing to replace it.

Just my speculation, though.

P.S. That cover for "The Batman Strikes!" #49 looks sweet! It's good that the series is going to issue 50. :]
    Like indie rock? Check out The Vogans.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It'll be interesting to see where Torres takes Brainiac 5 following the events of the series finale. That's the great part about J - he progresses the stories.

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    It'll be interesting to see where Torres takes Brainiac 5 following the events of the series finale. That's the great part about J - he progresses the stories.
    Definitely. But is this issue set after "Dark Victory"? I doubt it, since the villain looks like it's going to be Mordru, not Brainiac 1.0.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

adoptedBatpuppy is offline Confidence is the Key
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice covers, both descriptions are intersting. Let's hope the stories are cool just as well.

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The World's Finest has received new details on the final issue of The Batman Strikes. To check out details on The Batman Strikes #50, including the guest-star for the final issue, click here for more!

Stay tuned for further updates.