toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on This Episode!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll

21 80.77%
  • ****1/2

2 7.69%

1 3.85%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Justice League Unlimited "Epilogue" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    The season finale for Justice League Unlimited has arrived!

Episode #26 - Epilogue
    Original Airdate - July 23rd, 2005 - Second Season Finale

50 years in the future, the history of the Justice League is the key to Batman’s darkest secret –and his final destiny.

Note: Due to a forum error, the original talkback for "Epilogue" was erased. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

Caswin is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just watched it again. Still awesome.

In retrospect, though, to someone who doesn't happen to be the Internet show-researching type... figuring out the nature of the black-and-white sequences just doesn't seem too likely.

How'd this one manage to not get a commentary?
    "There's no need to tread lightly upon my feelings. I'm the first one to admit that Superman is my arch-enemy, and that he alone stands between me and my goal - but I shall find a way to deal with him..." - Lex Luthor, Atom Man vs. Superman

(Well, it was worth a go.)

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caswin View Post
    Just watched it again. Still awesome.

In retrospect, though, to someone who doesn't happen to be the Internet show-researching type... figuring out the nature of the black-and-white sequences just doesn't seem too likely.

How'd this one manage to not get a commentary?
    Because when JLU season 1 features were being done WB decided to add the now unofficial 2nd season, but there wasn't time to do anymore commentaries, which then lead to the CADMUS feature on the 2nd season. Though with all the talk that this one episode generated, I wonder if a commentary would've been necessary. Woulda been nice still tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    Though with all the talk that this one episode generated, I wonder if a commentary would've been necessary.
    For the people who don't frequent World's Finest and such? (That is to say, easily most of the people who bought this DVD) Yeah, I'd say so.
    "There's no need to tread lightly upon my feelings. I'm the first one to admit that Superman is my arch-enemy, and that he alone stands between me and my goal - but I shall find a way to deal with him..." - Lex Luthor, Atom Man vs. Superman

theRedDeath is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I thought this was such a terrible episode. I'm so glad JLU got picked up for another season so this wouldn't really be the "final" episode.

I hate the Terry as Bruce's son/clone angle, I think it totally belittle's Terry's character. And for a JUSTICE LEAGUE episode, it was practically ALL about BATMAN.

Now, and I realize i'm in the minority here, but I don't really care for Batman anyway. I liked JLU for other characters and for the team dynamic. If Batman was never in a single episode I would have liked the show just as much, maybe even more. And here we have the JUSTICE LEAGUE finale and it's "Batman" this and "Batman" that. bleh.

The show is called Justice League Unlimited. Is it too much to ask for the finale to feature...oh I dunno...THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!?

I realise they were trying to do a bookend type sendoff of the entire DCAU, which starts and ends with B:TAS to Batman Beyond, but I just think the finale to the Justice League show was an inappropriate forum to do so.

---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theRedDeath View Post
    And for a JUSTICE LEAGUE episode, it was practically ALL about BATMAN... The show is called Justice League Unlimited. Is it too much to ask for the finale to feature...oh I dunno...THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!?
    Try "Divided We Fall". I get the impression that that was meant as an end to Justice League, with "Epilogue" piggybacking on JLU as the finale to everything.

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, "Divided We Fall" is the Justice League finale. "Epilogue" is like an additional 'bonus episode.'

Personally, I was bored by "Epilogue," but that's only because I was never a fan of Batman Beyond in general. It's my least-favorite DCAU show, so naturally I didn't care for "Epilogue." But even then, the idea of Terry turning out to be Bruce's son (one way or the other) seemed lame beyond belief, from the way it was done to just the very idea of it. Though it was nice to see the Phantasm again, as well as the Grey Ghost reference.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Mr. Mxyzptlk is offline Film Buff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    'Epilogue' is one of my all time favorites, and I get so sick about people saying the episode made Terry into Bruce's clone. Yeah, so every person in existence is a clone of their father right?

Anyway, I thought it was great, and it's actually getting me interested in 'Batman Beyond', which I used to despise as a concept. The episode itself featured some great animation, rich dialogue, and perhaps my all time favorite Batman scene, the Ace swing-set moment. I, in no way, think Terry's identity as Bruce's father changes his strength as a character; I mean, the whole point of the episode was that no matter how Terry came into existence, his fate is, and always has been, his own. Yeah, so anyway, 5/5 for me.

HaagenDas is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One thing I loved about this episode was right at the end...how Amanda Waller of all people helped a man, Terry McGinnis, feel that he was significant and had something to contribute. That this man can step out of the shadows of Bruce Wayne, even with being his son, something that Tim Drake couldnt do and Dick Grayson even had a lot of trouble doing. For me the last scene is always chilling and a great window to life...that people grow old, they pass away and leave us, but life does go on and the chapters turn in the book of human civilization. The legacy of Batman keeps on going...well after Bruce Wayne gives up the cape and cowl.

Mr. Mxyzptlk is offline Film Buff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaagenDas View Post
    That this man can step out of the shadows of Bruce Wayne, even with being his son, something that Tim Drake couldnt do and Dick Grayson even had a lot of trouble doing.
    Whoa, great mention there. It makes you think of Terry as a total contrast with Bruce's former sidekicks. Even though they are not his children, they have trouble being their own person. Terry is his child, and yet he has the strength that they lacked. Not only is this neat to think about, but it gives more meaning to why the 'Terry as Bruce's' son twist is actually good.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast