toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll

6 16.67%
  • ****1/2

8 22.22%

9 25.00%
  • ***1/2

6 16.67%

4 11.11%
  • **1/2

3 8.33%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
  • Menace

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline "Home."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Legion of Superheroes "Phantoms" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Clark finds the Phantom Zone at the museum...

Episode #6: Phantoms
    Original Airdate - November 4th, 2006
    When Superman accidentally opens a gateway to a phantom dimension, a young man with powers identical to his is freed in the process. Now Superman must not only stop this destructive visitor, but also rescue the Legionnaires when they become trapped in the vistor's dimension.

Comments?
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Razor is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The best episode so far. We had our Lex analogue last week, and now I guess we get our Zod. What with the origin of Thrax (Drax?), and the growing questions surrounding Brainy, and the character establishment we got for Phantom Girl, this really was the best so far.

CyborgRex is offline KING OF CYBORGS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That guy had a Z on his chest. I can only think of one thing. Zod is his dad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Zod is his dad, whose his mom?

Here's a good question; why didn't the Legionairres become Phantoms like everyone else in there? O_o It was a small plot hole, mind, but it was somewhat odd.

Jack Frenzy is offline Monkey-King-in-Training
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great action episode with several interesting twists: Brainy's kryptonite, Clark unaware of his origin, Science Police distrust the Legion, etc.

I was suspecting throughout the episode that Drax's dogs were the voices ordering him around. Guess it was just his folks in the Zone.

It's very likely that Drax is Zod's son. One of the phantoms appeared to be wearing General Zod's cap from the Silver Age. Also, the "Dr" in "Drax" might have been derived from Zod's full Kryptonian name, Dru-Zod.

One gripe though: why didn't the Legionnaires go phantom in the Phantom Zone? And how did Drax's parents conceive him in the Zone? If Drax ever comes back, they should elaborate a little on the nature of the Zone on the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe they didn't stay long enough in the zone to transform? And I doubt that Drax was concieved in a conventional manner, given that he was made immune to Kryptonite.

EDIT - I watched the episode again... doesn't his name sound more like Trax? O_o

Mister Intensity is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frenzy
    Great action episode with several interesting twists: Brainy's kryptonite, Clark unaware of his origin, Science Police distrust the Legion, etc.

I was suspecting throughout the episode that Drax's dogs were the voices ordering him around. Guess it was just his folks in the Zone.

It's very likely that Drax is Zod's son. One of the phantoms appeared to be wearing General Zod's cap from the Silver Age. Also, the "Dr" in "Drax" might have been derived from Zod's full Kryptonian name, Dru-Zod.

One gripe though: why didn't the Legionnaires go phantom in the Phantom Zone? And how did Drax's parents conceive him in the Zone? If Drax ever comes back, they should elaborate a little on the nature of the Zone on the show.
    Maybe Drax wasn't conceived in the Zone, only born there.

Good episode. I loved the focus on relationships. Superman and Brainiac 5, Timber Wolf and Phantom Girl (since neither Lightning Lass nor Ultra Boy has appeared yet, those two makes sense), and even a little Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl. I like that we get a sense of how their relationships are evolving on and off screen.

Mister Intensity

ROBOTRON is offline 100% Pure Robot!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    - 3 stars!

Good episode. Drax was a formidable foe. I dig how his dogs looked like Bizarro's pet dog on STAS. Although I have enjoyed LOSH so far, each episode (with the exception of Timberwolf episode) leaves me feeling empty somehow. Not sure why.

This series is going places.
    Fight Like A Robot!

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frenzy
    It's very likely that Drax is Zod's son. One of the phantoms appeared to be wearing General Zod's cap from the Silver Age.
    Yeah I notice that too. Also I think I saw Doomday only smaller and without his spikes. Btw Drax dogs they seem familiar? I think I saw them in Superman:TAS once but I can't confirm it. Anyone remenbers them?

Anarky is offline Team Conan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGUN
    Yeah I notice that too. Also I think I saw Doomday only smaller and without his spikes. Btw Drax dogs they seem familiar? I think I saw them in Superman:TAS once but I can't confirm it. Anyone remenbers them?
    yeah, I believe that was Doomsday...only not as craggy as his JLU counterpart...a casualty of the LOSH design theory where everything appears to have a much softer texture than previous modern DC programs.

and Drax's pets were nods to Krypto from STAS. Originally one of the Preserver's specimens, he was brought to Earth w/ the rest of the Preserver's collection. When Bizarro found the Fortress of Solitude he freed the beast and took him on as a pet and named him Krypto. Until he was last seen in STAS "Little Big Head Man".

Maybe we'll see Zod during the season finale.
    Sonicsgate.org :a 2-hour documentary chronicling the unique circumstances that led to the Sonics' exodus to OKC

(1967-2008) Seattle Supersonics

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast