toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment - "The Batman Versus Dracula"

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll

43 26.71%
  • ****1/2

25 15.53%

43 26.71%
  • ***1/2

13 8.07%

12 7.45%
  • **1/2

7 4.35%

7 4.35%
  • *1/2

2 1.24%

1 0.62%
  • 1/2

8 4.97%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
    AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Drac is pure evil in this movie. Want to know how evil? He's so evil, he stole the latest episode of Young Justice from us.

Seriously though, this movie is a lot of fun. Anything that starts from the premises "what if Batman fought Dracula" is either going to be really silly or really cool. Fortunately this movie maneges to lean more in the direction of cool.

I think what makes this story work is that it really sells you on the idea of Dracula as a dark reflection of Batman.

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw this for the first time, and I must say, I enjoyed it. It did have a lot of the aspects I disliked about the Batman (mainly the guitar track and the normally steallar Tom Kenny as the Penguin), but the good outweighed the bad. The voice actors who played Vicki and Dracula were perfect.

Funny, I wonder why poor Vicki never showed up in the TV series after the movie?

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ::reading my comments from 6 years ago:: Did Drac's skull ever show up in the Batcave? I can't recall (and think probably not).

Quote Originally Posted by AlgeaX View Post
    Drac is pure evil in this movie. Want to know how evil? He's so evil, he stole the latest episode of Young Justice from us.
    He truly is the greatest evil in the entire DCU. They asked him to join the Light, but he declined because they were too soft (and also, ya know, since Dracula isn't big on light).

Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Funny, I wonder why poor Vicki never showed up in the TV series after the movie?
    That's a good question. She would've been a welcome addition!
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To be honest, I always found the film very meh. A Batman film with vampires could have been handled so much better. To be fair, it has been about a year or two since I last saw this film, so maybe it warrants a re-watch, but I just couldn't get excited watching it.

Penguin got some good lines, but otherwise...

I didn't like the villain, and the rest of the dialogue was only okay. The fight scenes could have been better also. And Joker (who is one of my favorite DC villain) gets no justice at all. He looks very bad in this film.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Gravitea is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A surprisingly dark and violent film for The Batman series. Dracula really was a force to be reckoned with. He was a great counterpart to Bruce; especially when he mentioned about striking fear into the hearts of the innocence, which was never Batman's intent. It's great to finally see Vicki Vale and her being Bruce's love interest.

Spoiler:
    I found the scene where Joker got shocked by his own joybuzzer after falling into the water to be really creepy and chilling.
    From one choice, a universe is created...

Locke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the animation and the action sequences but there just wasn't really enough to it. I mean when you try and sum up the plot with the resurrection of Dracula and him turning everyone into vampires it sounds like loads happens but the whole thing is so slow and plodding, it really needed a re-edit.

Also vampire Joker.

Zentron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally watch this movie again two weeks ago, after 3 years since the last time... it's good enough of a stop-gap between the seasons, but it's definitely not going to go down as a classic. I found my finger pressing the forward button an awful lot, cause it was a rather dull watch

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122