toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EJill34 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JLU Rules the Ratings

Like This Thread!

Silly McGooses is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WOOT! I hope this means a fourth season of JLU. I'm surprised a new 10:30 episode would get better ratings than a 10:00 new episode of the same show...
    "If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down. "
    --Ray Bradbury

Casey Mack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMahler
    According to Dwayne McDuffie...

"It seems that all of my worrying about the promotion for JLU was for naught. I've just been informed that "I Am Legion" was Cartoon Network's number three rated show (in households) for the week, and "Shadow of the Hawk" was number one."

Seems like a pretty opportune moment to say "In your face, CN." Who would have thought that no promotion at all leads to ratings gold?
    alot of shows had great rateings but got pulled anyway. After awhile CN would just give it the samurai Jack routine.
    "No case is to big or to small for the great Casey Mack." -Casey mack #1

Casey Mack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMahler
    I never said it would get renewed or anything, I was just stating that CN's lack of promotion showed they had no faith in the show. Obviously, that had no effect on the ratings.
    i would not say Cn had no faith in the show, but wanted us to have no faith in it. I think Cn wants to make room for some new show they got cooking up, and JLU is takeing up space.
    "No case is to big or to small for the great Casey Mack." -Casey mack #1

Silly McGooses is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    gotta make room for future classics like bo bo bo bo bo bo bobo bobobo bo or whatever the heck that show's called...

anyhow, i was always under the impression that this show was really struggling in the ratings...aparently it's not, it's just that CN is giving it a total shaft.
    "If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down. "
    --Ray Bradbury

MJC
    MJC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly McGooses
    gotta make room for future classics like bo bo bo bo bo bo bobo bobobo bo or whatever the heck that show's called...

anyhow, i was always under the impression that this show was really struggling in the ratings...aparently it's not, it's just that CN is giving it a total shaft.
    JLU has always gotten pretty good ratings. I don't know why people think it doesn't.
    The world's 225 richest people now have a combined wealth of $1 trillion. That's equal to the combined annual income of the world's 2.5 billion poorest people.

Something to think about.

Doomsday is offline Superman`s Killer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty awesome news. Lets see this week if JLU can take out a new episode of TT which got promotion and at a better time. To bad I work until 10 but thank god I got tivo, best device ever made since the creation of tv itself.

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe with CN's obsession for the perfect ratings they'll realise that they should renew JLU for a 4th season.

JLfan4life is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that's great news!! i hope this leads to a 4th season!

The Flash is offline Fastest Man Alive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLfan4life
    that's great news!! i hope this leads to a 4th season!
    Don't count your chickens before they....

Or however it goes. Season 4? I wouldn't wait for that miracle to happen if I were you guys.

warmachine04 is offline No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With all this buzz of the Legion of Doom, I wasn't surprised that it did that well.

Teo
    Teo is offline I've made a huge mistake . . .
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's not a guarantee of a new season, but it does give some ammo for the show being renewed. I mean, it's not impossible for CN to cancel a top rated show, but it might be enough to make them take a second look. It's good news even if it isn't "season 4" news.
    Teo's pictures can be found here

Sue
    Sue is offline Hawk Groupie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Cartoon Network gets tired of JL/U (even despite good ratings), they oughta sell it to the Sci-Fi Channel
    A good motto to live by: "Always try not to get killed."

- George Carlin

A.J
    A.J is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is awesome news. I never had any doubt about JLU ratings and I think its a great slap on CN´s face. I mean what is wrong with them about this NO PUBLICITY at all for such a good show. Dont they value the talents behind it? What a lack of respect .
    COSTA RICA: NO ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS.

Grimlock is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, so who can answer why CN would cancel a show that gets such great ratings?

Merchandising? There's tons of JLU stuff out there for kids to buy.

And even if they *don't* sell a ton of merchandise, you're telling me show's like "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" or whatever it's called sells MORE merchandise?

No way.

So why would they cancel a show that does this well?

I.R Joey is offline Yep my face got stuck this way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One question that nobody has asked but means the world.

JLU got good ratings, but with which demographics?
    Question the Answers.

Every time you decide not to go to my artist's blog an angel has its wings viciously mutilated. Do you really want that on your conscience?
    http://stephenpjames.blogspot.com/

Happy is offline Spelled Correctly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I.R Joey

Whats more is that JL/JLU get no air time on weekdays. Despite the good ratings Cartoon Network does not think it is worthy of the main schedule. Probably becuase it isn't just a black and white show like most of the others. (Teen Titans and Static Shock for example) It also might be thought to appeal only to boys. (if thats true I wouldn't be shocked)
    8. Handle or recommend handling so that it stays handled.

Paul_Cousins is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue
    If Cartoon Network gets tired of JL/U (even despite good ratings), they oughta sell it to the Sci-Fi Channel
    Good idea. JLU along with Megas XLR. Those two shows would go great with Tripping the Rift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Maybe with CN's obsession for the perfect ratings they'll realise that they should renew JLU for a 4th season.
    Logic only applies to CN when in Bizaro world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue
    see above statement.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSAINT
    This is awesome news. I never had any doubt about JLU ratings and I think its a great slap on CN´s face.
    Don't forget to slap the WB animation suites who said bt's style was "dated"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock
    So why would they cancel a show that does this well?
    Because they are:

A) retarded **** throwing chimpanzees

B) The Japanese who will take us over "within"

3) retarded **** throwing chimpanzees spliced with the DNA of Mattel suites.

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FALLEN ELDOR
    Don't forget to slap the WB animation suites who said bt's style was "dated"
    Dwayne McDuffie confirmed on his website that that story was utter bull----.

Quote Originally Posted by I.R. Joey

This is the million dollar question. If it was with adults we're screwed. If boys showed up in equal measure however there is a glimmer of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash
    Don't count your chickens before they....

Or however it goes. Season 4? I wouldn't wait for that miracle to happen if I were you guys.
    At this point, I think a little optimism is warranted. It may not happen or even PROBABLY happen but the fact that it was the most watched show on CN with ZERO promotion will speak louder to execs than any message board or fan base possibly could.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast