toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "Night and The City" and Post Your Comments

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll

12 24.00%
  • ****1/2

13 26.00%

15 30.00%
  • ***1/2

6 12.00%

2 4.00%
  • **1/2

1 2.00%

1 2.00%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
  • terrible trio

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Harper is offline Welcome to Riddlerville!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

This was my first exposure to The Batman's version of Riddler, and I have to say...

I like him. He's different, for sure, but not bad at all. The design and voice fit well. He's smart, creepy, and manipulative. And it works. All in all, a very enjoyable episode. Gordon showing up all of a sudden was a bit jarring, but I got past it quickly enough.

As for the the "shock bullets," I've decided that after the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne, the city was so shocked that it passed an ordinance completely banning the possession of firearms. That's why the "guns" used in the show are all non-lethal ordinance. Not terribly realistic, but it helps me get past the weird-looking and distracting weapons the cops carry in The Gotham.

Anyway, I give the episode ****.

DeathscytheVII is offline Farewell, Daughter of Trigon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Stand back bats, unless you want the shock of a lifetime."

Someone please fire Chief Rojas, not only is he incompetent, but what kind of chief arms his police with stun guns? lol.

Anyways, this too, is my first exposure to the Riddler, and I like this one, he certainly is creepier and a bigger threat than the other BTAS version. Joker and Penguin did absolutely nothing in this episode, Riddler was the only one who really constituted a threat here.

Nice ep, although there is still room for improvement.

Ian
    Ian is offline ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Someone please fire Chief Rojas, not only is he incompetent, but what kind of chief arms his police with stun guns? lol.
    Maybe he's British.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bad
    Maybe he's British.
    Wouldn't they be billy clubs if that was the case?

AdamYJ is offline The Saturday Morning Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathscytheVII
    "Stand back bats, unless you want the shock of a lifetime."

I think that maybe in this situation, he wanted to bring Batman in alive. That way, it would be easier to make an example of him. I mean, if they manage to bring in the most elusive man in Gotham without killing him, it would make Rojas and the GCPD look pretty impressive and make people think twice about taking the law into their own hands.

Ruseri is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ
    I think that maybe in this situation, he wanted to bring Batman in alive. That way, it would be easier to make an example of him. I mean, if they manage to bring in the most elusive man in Gotham without killing him, it would make Rojas and the GCPD look pretty impressive and make people think twice about taking the law into their own hands.
    exactly. i never even thought twice about the "tazer guns"... it made sense to me. they want him alive... ESPECIALLY since they don't even know WHO he really is. Imagine if he turned out to be the mayor... or even.. Bruce Wayne! then they'd be screwed, cause they just shot Bruce Wayne to death!

besides, technically Batman hadn't really done anything worthy of requiring that he be pursued with deadly force. They had the trap planned out, so they obviously thought "tazer guns" would be enough.
    All it takes is one rotten day, to turn an ordinary man... into a monster.

jv2k is offline Faster than the fat flash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or we can just say that kids wb wont let them use real guns, despite the fact that all little boys play games with killing and guns.

Alpha Flight is offline Comic Book Writer/Editorialist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What a great episode!
    Wow, did you see how high Penguin jumped? Does anyone know if he did that in the comics and how he could do do that?
    Read my comics books free from Drive Thru Comics MistsDetectives.blogspot.com

raykremer is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan
    Gordon was introduced perfectly. I mean, who here DIDN'T love seeing Yin's Batwave smashed and having the Bat signal appear at the end of the episode?
    Seemed rushed. If Gordon wasn't an established part of Batman mythos and Rojas was, we'd all be asking who the hell this Gordon character is, how he appeared out of nowhere, and why he's suddenly Batman's buddy.

Though now that we've actually got Gordon in the show (come to think of it, probably only because they needed Barbara to be Batgirl), can we get rid of Yin?

Given that Greg Weisman write for this sometimes, we should get a crossover with Gargoyles. Goliath can have a kick ass arial fight with Man-Bat while Batman plays with his batwave pager and everybody can keep getting Eliza and Yin mixed up.

Azrael24 is offline why?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    gordon did not come out of nowhere, the news-reported clearly said 'the new commissioner.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah but was he a Gotham police officer or transfered from another city or what? Newly appointed or not it would have been nice if he showed up before this episode.

jv2k is offline Faster than the fat flash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like it. Let's say promotion.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Ruseri is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda figured it was Jim (in the flashback, in Traction) anyway... i mean, the character design is obviously similar. it was probably intended. i believe that IS Gordon when he was younger, and on the GCPD. it's reminiscent of Batman Begins in a way... there was a similar scene with a young Jim Gordon comforting Bruce as a child in the movie too.
    All it takes is one rotten day, to turn an ordinary man... into a monster.

Azrael24 is offline why?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    there is a scene very similar to that...coincidance?? too much of a coincidance?? hem, hem, mr.matsuda?? help??

n*e*wayz, if you think about it, bruce was about 9 or 10 in the flashback, making it 15 or 16 years back, so it would have been about the same time that barbara was born.

just something i noticed

JLU Dude is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruseri
    I kinda figured it was Jim (in the flashback, in Traction) anyway... i mean, the character design is obviously similar. it was probably intended. i believe that IS Gordon when he was younger, and on the GCPD. it's reminiscent of Batman Begins in a way... there was a similar scene with a young Jim Gordon comforting Bruce as a child in the movie too.
    I was thinking about poating the same thing. It kinda works and does kinda with with Alfred's line about the importance of Gordon in Bruce's life. And, it's not like the B: TAS crew didn't have slight similarities to the movies [Jack Napier being the real name for Joker, a Burton-ish looking Penguin, a blonde Catowman during B: TAS (Later undone when TNBA hit) and maybe even TNBA's neon-colored Riddler and spike-sportin' Bane].
    Last edited by JLU Dude; 09-17-2005 at 09:24 AM.
    "You can't live in fear."- Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now, that I think about it, could that man in that flashback really have been Gordon. I may be being stupid or navie but does someone's jaw line really change in 15 or so years?

Matsuda is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jim Gordon is the young officer that helps Bruce in the Traction episode. It is a coincidence however that the movie did it as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsuda
    Jim Gordon is the young officer that helps Bruce in the Traction episode. It is a coincidence however that the movie did it as well.
    Ah, so it was correct to assume that the young officer was Gordon. Thanks, Mr. Matsuda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Matsuda, I wondered if that cop was Gordon too. Good to know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast