toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "Night and The City" and Post Your Comments

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll

12 24.00%
  • ****1/2

13 26.00%

15 30.00%
  • ***1/2

6 12.00%

2 4.00%
  • **1/2

1 2.00%

1 2.00%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
  • terrible trio

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ruseri is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fone Bone
    No more spoilers please.
    The title of the thread has "(spoilers)" in it... i thought that meant Spoilers were allowed

*confused*

Note: i can't be a hundred percent SURE it was Toyman, i did NOT actually see the commercial/promo... someone else mentioned that they saw the new promo and that Toy man was in it. i, however, did not see this promo, so i was hoping someone could confirm it here.
    All it takes is one rotten day, to turn an ordinary man... into a monster.

Drizzt2218 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't seen the promo, but I can tell you the character in question is NOT the Toyman, but is a retooled version of an obscure Batman foe named GEARHEAD. He's a character who appeared a few times in the late '90s, but has, like Cluemaster, been given a brand new take for this series. He was actually announced during the Comic-Con, in the Q&A session.

--Larry

Style is offline The Green Style Returns
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was pretty neat although I REALLY wish Gordon had chewed Rojas a new butthole. Seriously. Rojas is about as detremental to the city's well being as Joker is and that's saying something. I'm sick of his incompetence always being shrugged off. I wish Clayface HAD killed him.
    The way I take it, Gordon chewing out Rojas would have been redundant, because Gordon is so damn pimp that his simple prescence proclaimed Rojas to be a butthole in deep, unspoken ways.

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woo, now this episode was fun! In terms of episode appearances, Riddler has been in more interesting episodes than Clayface. But then again, this is only his second appearance.

I really like the idea behind the episode, and Gordon was introduced perfectly. I mean, who here DIDN'T love seeing Yin's Batwave smashed and having the Bat signal appear at the end of the episode?

It's unfortunate that they tried to cram so much into this. The Rojas and GPD plot was fine, and even though Riddler was cool, Penguin and Joker didn't get to do much. I understand Penguin looking like a fool, but you'd think Joker would get SOME advantage some time. I really like The Batman's Riddler, but unfortunately, I lost some of the interest I had in The Joker.
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Azrael24 is offline why?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt2218
    I haven't seen the promo, but I can tell you the character in question is NOT the Toyman, but is a retooled version of an obscure Batman foe named GEARHEAD. He's a character who appeared a few times in the late '90s, but has, like Cluemaster, been given a brand new take for this series. He was actually announced during the Comic-Con, in the Q&A session.

--Larry

oh i remember you mentioning that but i forgot about it.

i hope some can get the pics of maxie zeus and soon

JLU Dude is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Five stars. I, like most of you, enjoyed this ep. I liked finally seeing Commissioner Gordon on the Batman. I like his design for the show and Mitch Pileggi did a good job as Gordon.
    Though the rivalry idea was interesting and nice to see Batman finally getting a break from the GCPD pursuing him. I, like many of you, also wanted to see Rojas get his comeuppance (Though the difference between me and the rest of you is my idea of comeuppance for Rojas is him getting fired!). Can't wait for next week.
    Last edited by JLU Dude; 09-11-2005 at 12:42 AM.
    "You can't live in fear."- Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider.

MacGyver is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ****1/2. Why? Well, some things about it just bugged me.
    1) Joker and Penguin tagging Gotham. What a load of garbage.
    2) Gordon showing up, the city liking Batman, all occured a little to quickly for my taste. It needed to happen, but the course of one episode was just quick.
    3) Batman using an exploding Batarang on an oil derrick. Maybe he didn't blow anthing up, but what was he thinking?

Other than that, it was all good. Rojas finding out about Yin and Batman. Rojas destroying the communicator. The Batsignal. The fights. Batman cornered in the warehouse. The hint about Barbara. A great end to what was basically a great season. Look forward to next weeks season premiere.

Wanted is offline Toonmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It can only get better...

What I loved about this episode:
    1. dialogue. Some shows don't need dialogue, but The Batman does. It performs horribly without it.
    2. story. The story in this episode just made sure that the show would stand on continuity. I'm a sucker for continuity.
    3. Yin. I've been waiting for an episode where Yin is a key component.
    Well, next week is time for the Batgirl, and I'm extatic.

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruseri
    The title of the thread has "(spoilers)" in it... i thought that meant Spoilers were allowed

*confused*

Note: i can't be a hundred percent SURE it was Toyman, i did NOT actually see the commercial/promo... someone else mentioned that they saw the new promo and that Toy man was in it. i, however, did not see this promo, so i was hoping someone could confirm it here.
    Spoilers are allowed for THIS episode, but not future ones. If you DO want to discuss future plots use spoiler tags. Like this:
    Spoiler:
    Fone Bone rocks!
    You make them by first typing {spoiler}the spoiler here then {/spoiler}. But instead of actually using {} use [] instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Style-meister

The way I take it, Gordon chewing out Rojas would have been redundant, because Gordon is so damn pimp that his simple prescence proclaimed Rojas to be a butthole in deep, unspoken ways.
    Unfortunately, Rojas may be too thick to actually get that. Dude needs to be fired, kicked out on the street, develope a drinking problem, lose his family, get beaten up by hobos, eaten by wild dogs and defecated into a sewer. Only then, will I consider Karma actually working.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, Rojas may be too thick to actually get that. Dude needs to be fired, kicked out on the street, develope a drinking problem, lose his family, get beaten up by hobos, eaten by wild dogs and defecated into a sewer. Only then, will I consider Karma actually working.
    The way I see it, Gordon's testing the waters with Batman. He understands what Rojas is getting at. Right now, it's the sort of uneasy wartime alliance. It's past the time where the Batman could have been arrested with the least risk, now with the incoming glut of supervillains seeking to control Gotham.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast