toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Overlord is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Superman's most hated enemy

Like This Thread!
    Which villain does superman hate the most?

Casey Mack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord
    Which villain does superman hate the most?
    Darkseid without question.
    ________
    Blowjob deepthroat
    Last edited by Casey Mack; 04-03-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Mack
    Darkseid without question.
    Perhaps, but I doubt Mongul will be on Superman's Christmas Card list any time soon.

The Penguin is offline Movin' on Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord
    Perhaps, but I doubt Mongul will be on Superman's Christmas Card list any time soon.
    As opposed to the Superman villains that are? Even ones that he doesn't actually hate aren't going to get any well wishes.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Yarharhar is offline Crime and ghosts beware!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Littering
    Awesome - www.yarsoft.com
    Awesome squared - www.synaesthetegame.com

Supremus is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, it's gotta be Darkseid, and it's one of my few complaints against STAS that Luthor, despite his many appearances and historically being Supes' no.1 arch nemesis, was never made as significant an enemy as Darkseid was. In the comics, Luthor has often really managed to get under Superman's skin, and I don't think that adversarial dynamic played out all that well on STAS.

TimTwoFace is offline Mod, and Minotaur Bait
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Despite what he feels towards Darkseid, I always figured that Lex Luthor was his #1 enemy - and his most hated. Luthor has always been a constant thorn in his side, and he's never really faced any sort of comeuppance for his actions. Their battles have always been rather personal, too.

They're both pretty close for differing reasons, though.

-Tim
    CANADA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin
    As opposed to the Superman villains that are? Even ones that he doesn't actually hate aren't going to get any well wishes.
    I was joking with the Christmas Card thing, I just think Superman has ample reasom to hate Mongul because that stunt he pulled in "For the Man who Has Everything", which would give him more reason to hate Mongul then say Parasite or Metallo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTwoFace
    Despite what he feels towards Darkseid, I always figured that Lex Luthor was his #1 enemy - and his most hated. Luthor has always been a constant thorn in his side, and he's never really faced any sort of comeuppance for his actions. Their battles have always been rather personal, too.

-Tim
    But Luthor has never really struck a personal blow against Superman like Darkseid, Brainiac or Mongul did, it seems to me he would have more reason to hate those three than Luthor.

Supremus is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTwoFace

-Tim
    I don't think Superman really hates Luthor. In "Injustice For All", he showed a surprising amount of concern for Luthor and his health problem, but he was just flat-out, uncompromisingly aggressive towards Darkseid. For good reason, of course. Darkseid managed to turn him into a destructive force, perhaps even a killing machine, against his adopted planet. Lex has never really gotten to Superman in a big way like that, and another aspect of Darkseid is that he is physically a match for Superman, which perhaps makes him a slightly more intimidating enemy that would automatically provoke a more aggressive approach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast