toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "Ragdolls to Riches" and Post Your Comments

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll

2 5.88%
  • ****1/2

5 14.71%

5 14.71%
  • ***1/2

11 32.35%

6 17.65%
  • **1/2

3 8.82%

0 0%
  • *1/2

1 2.94%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
  • Tangled mess.

1 2.94%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Penguin is online now Movin' on Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Batman "Ragdolls to Riches" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Check out this morning's all-new The Batman!

The Batman #22 - Ragdolls to Riches
    Original Airdate - July 16th, 2005

The Batman finds himself caught in the middle of a game of one-upmanship between master thieves Ragdoll, a triple-jointed contortionist, and Catwoman. Meanwhile, Selina Kyle, Catwoman's alter ego, eyes Bruce Wayne as a possible target for future robberies.

Comments?
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Nobody You Know is offline Extremely Evil Final Boss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did they announce this schedule change, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't this way last week...

Mighty_Bojingo is offline Your shoelaces shall be mine.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure it was like this way last week. Fosters stole batman's spot. Not an addition I prefer, but I cant Judge it, Alot of people seem to like Fosters. I just dont like Batman's move to the morning, I prefered all my favorite shows later in the morning. Now I'm forced to wake up early to watch Batman.
    Bow before the Almighty Bojingo. Your shoelaces will be mine. Then once all the shoelaces in the world are in my possession, all sports will be ruined without shoelaces. Without sports to entertain everyone, everyone will lose sleep, then everyone will go to work grouchy and there will be UTTER CHAOS!!! I WILL RULE THE WORLD!! I will release my army of Vicious Starfish! the Wicked Clowns shall annihiliate you all! *evil laughter*

Phantasm is offline Bittersweet Symphony.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A typical above average The Batman epsiode. The action sequences were thrilling and having the Clocktower as the backdrop was an interesting choice. Very smooth, quick and fast paced animation. Selina Kyle, I liked very much. Remarkably reminiscent of her rendition in TLH. Her dynamic with Bruce was interesting but only because we know Catwoman and Batman and their history together. I don't think it was played well enough to keep newer Bat-fans interested...Though I will look forward to their encounters together and possibly a revelation of identities too...Not expexting it anytime soon though. They will stretch it out...probably keep up this secret identity thing so long that we'll be bored of it...

"Don't forget us when you're famous!"

Style is offline The Green Style Returns
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm
    A typical above average The Batman epsiode. The action sequences were thrilling and having the Clocktower as the backdrop was an interesting choice. Very smooth, quick and fast paced animation. Selina Kyle, I liked very much. Remarkably reminiscent of her rendition in TLH. Her dynamic with Bruce was interesting but only because we know Catwoman and Batman and their history together. I don't think it was played well enough to keep newer Bat-fans interested...Though I will look forward to their encounters together and possibly a revelation of identities too...Not expexting it anytime soon though. They will stretch it out...probably keep up this secret identity thing so long that we'll be bored of it...
    But, on the other hand, There's something to be said for the mystery. I've always felt BTAS "outed" Selina too early, and she was always cuffed and restrained in every subsequent episode of the series.

JTolliver is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Selina, suprisingly, gets the love she deserves!!!!!

I agree with the last poster, BTAS BOTCHED!!!!! Catwoman/Selina, at the end of her first BTAS story she was cuffed and relinquished of her secret identity WTF, I repeat WTF!!!!, from there on in her presence in BTAS could be summed up with one word MUTED!!!!, except of course for the excellent "Catwalk" episode. TNBA didn't fare much better either with only 2 appearances by the Feline Fatale (Who could now be seen with a figure much less soft and curvy and an almost year one style haircut) one in which she started flirting with Nightwing (NOT COOL!!!!).

I guess the really hard thing for the creators is trying to place a highly sexualised relationship, Bat and Cat, into a tv show that is, at least in the mainstreams perception, for kids, I mean lets face when the Bat and Cat fight/chase it is more less a metaphor for sex, it is their sex, their mating dance and it's pretty kinky stuff.

Anyway, I'm really suprised at how well "The Batman"'s creators have handled Catwoman/Selina so far, considering the rather lame approach to many other classic villians, she's encountered Batman three times and escaped each time, plus now she's got something started with Bruce, and still neither is aware of each other's identities, all I can hope for now is that it builds to a satisfying climax, but I'm still terrified the creators may just cop out in the end.

THOUGHTS?????

TimTwoFace is offline Mod, and Minotaur Bait
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a good episode, yes - the interplay between Batman and Catwoman has improved over the more strained attempts in the past. If Ragdoll got more of an origin, I would've liked the episode more, however. Who does his voice, anyway? It sounded familiar.

And for some reason, he reminded me of the Darkwing Duck villain "Paddywack"; anyone remember him?

-Tim
    CANADA

jv2k is offline Faster than the fat flash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked this episode for many of the reasons already stated. I also loved the fight with ragdoll, it was good to see him pretend he was in pain at first to throw bats off. I also liked the Bruce and Selina thing. Bruce genuinly liked selina and she really disliked him(maybe it was the nachos) but she has a thing for batman.

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I missed it.

I don't know what they were thinking putting this show on at 8:30am.

Oh well, their loss.

Azrael24 is offline why?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this episode was great! im not stating why cause everone else has already said it so.

****1/2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast