toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Doomsday is offline Superman`s Killer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man
    YTV in Canada aired this episode tonight and I was blown away. The CGI was a bit hard to look at a few times but overall was glued to the screen. There were a couple things I was lost on like the Justice Lords but I got the idea pretty fast. There were just alot of scenes that had me gripping my chair. The fight between Doomsday and Superman was intense and the race to stop the missle was great even if the CGI looked pretty bad a couple times. This is just an excellent cartoon!
    So if you got this episode last night I guess that means you are getting "Task Force X" on the 15th. Well hopefully I'll find a way to watch it to then. And yes this is an excellent cartoon.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definately an excellent episode. I only wish that certain details about it, namely the cameo by Hugo Strange (so can the off-limits characters only be seen, but not heard?) and Dr Milo and the return of the phantom zone projector hadn't been spoiled for me, but nonetheless, the tone of this episode screamed "adult" in so many ways. The round-table storyboarding was a stroke of genius, and the punch to the eyes was brutal as could be. The sequences with Batman felt very reminiscent of other similar chases in Sub-Zero, The Lion and the Unicorn and Starcrossed, but were enjoyable nonetheless. I had to keep reminding myself "they're NOT going to kill off Superman!" because it really, truely seemed like there was no way out for Clark, and that's a pretty special thing, given the fact that this is Superman we're talking about. I know the creative team has struggled with making him seem vulnerable, and this episode was certainly a success in that department. I think the secluded location and atmosphere really added to the mood.

It was also interesting to see how the animation fluctuated. Wonder Woman looked generally dreadul until she ran up to the Flash near the end. When Dong Yang really gives a scene their all, anything less than that calibre of animation just seems like an eyesore.

I really like Amanda Waller and how she's being handled. I can't help but agree with her, and for that reason I'm really looking forward to seeing how this arc will pan out. The idea of a Justice League now seems like a rather poor solution to the problems facing humanity, so once this storyline is over, where will the League go next? Once their raison d'etre has been called into question on a global scale, how can they just rebuild as they did after Starcrossed? Simple answer is, I don't think they'll be able to at all, which makes me even more excited for the next batch of 24 episodes following this one.

And I'm thrilled that Canada might get all the rest of the episodes before the US will! I don't want to get anymore spoilers!

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The volcano reflects Superman in a way that I didn't think about until Disneyboy mentioned it. There is always conflict boiling within Superman, his alien heritage often conflicting with his humanity such as that Freudian dream in "legacy" and his occassional outbursts of violence in "twilight" or "doomsday sanction". And he often fights himself and tries to find other means of subsiding his feelings demonstrated by the physical act of him trying to divert the magma in San Baquero.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Gpoliceman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amanda Waller's Ring

Hi everybody,

I was going to post this in a new thread, but I decided to post it here.

I predict...

AMANDA WALLER WILL REVEAL SHE WEARS A KRYPTONITE RING TO PROTECT HERSELF AGAINST SUPERMAN!

I don't know if in the pages and pages and pages of "Doomsday Sanction Talkback" if someone has mentioned this. I haven't read all the posts. But has anyone else noticed that in the scene in Doomsday Sanction where Waller yells at the General for sending a nuclear bomb to Volcano Island (where the General mentions taking out the island is hitting "three birds with one stone") that the camera SPECIFICALLY bends down to show Waller is wearing a very green ring?

Watch the scene again and tell me what you think.

I predict that when Superman confronts Waller in a future episode she'll hold up her ring to make sure Superman can't get too close to her.

and then we'll know she wears a kryptonite ring, Superman can't touch her, and someone has given her kryptonite.

Gpoliceman

Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpoliceman
    Hi everybody,

I was going to post this in a new thread, but I decided to post it here.

I predict...

AMANDA WALLER WILL REVEAL SHE WEARS A KRYPTONITE RING TO PROTECT HERSELF AGAINST SUPERMAN!

I don't know if in the pages and pages and pages of "Doomsday Sanction Talkback" if someone has mentioned this. I haven't read all the posts. But has anyone else noticed that in the scene in Doomsday Sanction where Waller yells at the General for sending a nuclear bomb to Volcano Island (where the General mentions taking out the island is hitting "three birds with one stone") that the camera SPECIFICALLY bends down to show Waller is wearing a very green ring?

Watch the scene again and tell me what you think.

I predict that when Superman confronts Waller in a future episode she'll hold up her ring to make sure Superman can't get too close to her.

and then we'll know she wears a kryptonite ring, Superman can't touch her, and someone has given her kryptonite.

Gpoliceman
    Interesting theory. But why would anyone want to WEAR kryptonite after what it did to Luthor? Kind of dangerous just to keep yourself safe from Superman...

-BB
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's not forget that Batman keeps kryptonite on him all the time...although something tells me those pouches in his belt are lead-lined. But then again, doesn't lead poison people if they are exposed to it for a long time? Isn't that what that lady in A Little Piece of Home meant when she said that a culture was wiped out by "systemic poisoning"?

Paul_Cousins is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Boy
    Interesting theory. But why would anyone want to WEAR kryptonite after what it did to Luthor? Kind of dangerous just to keep yourself safe from Superman...

-BB
    Well kryptonite is not Superman's only major weakness. Magic can hurt him, and perhaps even kill him. If Luthor ever found this out, he would probably buy his own copy of the Necromomicon (magic book of the dead and summoning demons) ASAP and so would Cadmus...

That could go bad over a dozen different ways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Cousins
    Well kryptonite is not Superman's only major weakness. Magic can hurt him, and perhaps even kill him. If Luthor ever found this out, he would probably buy his own copy of the Necromomicon (magic book of the dead and summoning demons) ASAP and so would Cadmus...

That could go bad over a dozen different ways...
    Maybe those D&D kids from WTD will be the ones to bring Supes down
    I have nothing witty to put here.

shoujoaifan is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is Superman actually "weak" agaisnt magic? I keep hearing it, but generally, in most fiction, magic, being supernatural and all, and for the most part in fiction bypass scientific laws and whatnot, normally magic affects everyone more or less equal and the exceptions are people or their weapons that are strong against magic, like JLU's version of nth metal.

Do the comics actually feature Superman as legtimately weak against magic, or is he just as prone to it as anyone else and him and/or DC just lists that as a "weakness"?
    Want to see what genre Mystery Science Theater 3000 evolved out of? www.horrorhosts.com will explain both past and present. I DARE you.

Casey Mack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoujoaifan
    Is Superman actually "weak" agaisnt magic? I keep hearing it, but generally, in most fiction, magic, being supernatural and all, and for the most part in fiction bypass scientific laws and whatnot, normally magic affects everyone more or less equal and the exceptions are people or their weapons that are strong against magic, like JLU's version of nth metal.

Do the comics actually feature Superman as legtimately weak against magic, or is he just as prone to it as anyone else and him and/or DC just lists that as a "weakness"?
    Magic effects superman like every other being. the "weak" against magic just means it effects him just like it would effect Batman or a teenage boy for example.
    ________
    Washington medical marijuana dispensaries
    Last edited by Casey Mack; 04-03-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast