toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sue
    Sue is offline Hawk Groupie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLantern
    The disrupter can also disrupt the energy field in Hawkgirl’s mace, rendering that useless as well...
    Well, not totally. She could still beat the living crap out of someone with it if she wanted to. Like on a slow night, for instance
    A good motto to live by: "Always try not to get killed."

- George Carlin

90'sCartoonMan is offline Punch Drunk Flounder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.t.
    also, it was powered by a VERY rare element, deusexmachinum, so yeah, good luck finding another hunk of THAT, baldy!
    lol, I thought Amazo was made up of all the deusexmachinum in the Solar System.

Hm, this poses an interesting question. Should the power disrupter just be used on every super powered being, good or bad, to prevent things from getting out of hand?

Or would the Joker just destory us all within 24 hours of that happening?
    "And until we meet again boys and girls, know that wherever evil lurks in all its myriad forms, I'll be there with the hammers of justice to fight for decency and defend the innocent. Goodnight." - Batman

Toddman is offline Hulk not good with words.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some speculation for the end of next season (long)

WARNING

*WILD SPECULATION ALERT!* WILD SPECULATION ALERT!*

I stopped keeping up with the JLU rumor thread quite a few months ago (it was getting too spoilery for me), so if this theory has already been brought up, somebody please shut me up...

Anyway, first off, I think the J-Lords are back in their own dimension. Why? I'll tell ya...

1)Lorder Batman seemed to have a change of heart (more on that later)

2)We were shown that it would be very easy for Bats to keep the J-Lords prisoner, since the League was only able to escape thanks to the Flash (who is taking the big dirt nap in J-Lord World).

3)As many have pointed out earlier, keeping the Lords in the "real" world is just asking for trouble, whether the Lords powers were permanently eliminated or not (secret identities being just the tip of the iceberg).

Now, on to my wild speculation...

A lot of fans have felt that the current course the League is taking in both organization and action is very reminiscent of the way things were being run in the J-Lords' world, i.e. a fully staffed watchtower and a more pre-emptive way of dealing with potential threats. The running plotline which seems to be leading up to some kind of confronation with the authorities and the long-rumored Presidential candadacy of Lex Luthor next season also plays into this theory.

So if any of that were true, and the Justice League is becoming more like the Justice Lords, one has to ask one's self, "Self, could somebody be responsible for such a change? And if so, what would their motive be? And most importantly, who could pull it all off?" I'm glad you asked.

Let's think back to part 2 of "A Better World." It was obvious that all of the J-Lords were willing to transform the "real" Earth into a copy of their own, with Superman being the most resolute about it. But Lorder Supes was obviously beaten and captured at the end of the episode. So were all of the J-Lords... except two. Flash was of course pushing up daisies, so that would leave him out as a suspect. That would leave only one guy...

Remember this exchange from ABW pt 2?:

SUPERMAN: You fooled them. Even I thought you were him for a moment.

JUSTICE LORD BATMAN: I am him.

What if we end up hearing this bit of dialogue at the end of the next season?

BATMAN: Guess what, Kent? I'm still him.

Perhaps (if you are still interested in what I am speculating) you are asking youself, "Self, how could such a switch have happened? And why would a switch like that have taken place?" I'm glad you asked.

In ABW pt 2, we never actually witness "our" Batman swaying "the other" Batman to his side. We assume most of that transformation took place in the ride to bright and sunny Arkham Asylum. We are led to believe that from the moment League Batman says, "You win" to his counterpart, he has already begun to play a mindgame, and continues to do so by bringing up Batman's dead parents and speculating on what their opinion of "a better world" would be. When Bats and the League depart for home, we see only a nod exchanged between the two Batmen. Again, we are led to believe that our Batman has left the other behind to put his world back on course.

But what if there was more to it all? What if each decided there was some real truth to what the other was saying, and that despite some of the more extreme differences between them, there might be a middle ground to be reached. Wouldn't it be interesting if each decided to stay in the other's world to bring a little balance to both. Our Batman stays behind to ensure that more freedom is brought back to the alternate Earth, and Lorder Batman goes back with the League with hopes of helping them "step into the light"?

It wouldn't have been that difficult for an impersonating Batman to slip into the life of his counterpart. And with the upheaval the League suffered after "Starcrossed", what better timing for a restructured (and more pre-emptive) team?

Yes, I know revealing that the Batman we have been watching all through Season 3 (and quite a lot of Season 2), has in fact been only a doppleganger of the original is venturing into "Spider-Clone" territory, and could prove to be a wildly unpopular move for the show's creators. But after reading about b.t.'s admiration for the work of David Lynch and Lynch's controversial "f you" to viewers in the series finale of Twin Peaks, it got me thinking.

Maybe Timm and company would love to screw with all of us die-hard fans a little for what might have been a series finale. After all if the show ended with that kind of revelation, we would only be able to voice a complaint (if any of us felt so inclined) about a show that is no longer in production. How fruitless would that be? And if JLU was to get picked up for another season (which it has), the creators would have an entire season to re-establish, within the framework of the show, the Batman we have all grown to love.

Okay, WILD SPECULATION now over.

Thanks for listening,

Toddman
    Last edited by Toddman; 01-15-2005 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it could also explain why we don't see the bat clan. Maybe he has them locked up so he couldn't be foiled by them?

Merlin Missy is offline Cranky Old Lady
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLantern
    Luthor’s power disrupter works by generating an energy wave that permanently disrupts the electrical impulses of the central nervous system so the Justice Lords couldn’t activate their natural powers/abilities (thus, Superman can’t fly, Hawkgirl can use her wings, etc). This includes preventing JLord GL from generating enough will power to activate his ring. Even Superman’s invulnerability, which is created by a electrochemical bio aura, would be shut down.
    Disrupts the impulses from the central nervous system, huh? So what you're telling us is, they're dead now. All is explained. Thank you.

Toddman, coolest speculation ever!

MM, who is sure someone's going to speculate the Mace is also constructed of deusexmachinum
    Livejournal
    Icon made by Dotsomething.

Allen CARR is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FALLEN ELDOR
    it could also explain why we don't see the bat clan. Maybe he has them locked up so he couldn't be foiled by them?
    we don't see the bat clan, because, "The Batman" has the rights to them.If the Batman were to go off the air, then you will see the bat-clan.
    In brightest day in blackest night no evil will escape my sight ...let those who worship evil's might, beware my power --Green Lantern's light

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Toddman please don't give b.t. any more ideas. I'd HATE it if that were the case. If that wasn't OUR Bruce singing in TLP then the entire episode was worthless.

b.t., don't do this. I'm not kidding.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

b.t. is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fone Bone
    Toddman please don't give b.t. any more ideas. I'd HATE it if that were the case. If that wasn't OUR Bruce singing in TLP then the entire episode was worthless.

b.t., don't do this. I'm not kidding.
    heh heh heh....

nah, just messin' witcha, matt...i only WISH we'd thought of that....woulda been an EXCELLENT twist.....bravo, toddman....j.j. abrams could use you on ALIAS next time he feels the need to re-boot that series (any day now, i'm thinking)...

but no.

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank. God.

Clone Saga anyone?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

b.t. is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan
    lol, I thought Amazo was made up of all the deusexmachinum in the Solar System.

Hm, this poses an interesting question. Should the power disrupter just be used on every super powered being, good or bad, to prevent things from getting out of hand?
    that WOULD have been a bright thing for the jl to do, only shucks, too bad for them, the deusexmachinum has a VERY short shelf-life...in fact, luthor used up its full charge taking down the j-lords....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast