toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Ultimatum"

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll

29 19.08%
  • **** 1/2

29 19.08%

39 25.66%
  • *** 1/2

29 19.08%

14 9.21%
  • ** 1/2

2 1.32%

2 1.32%
  • * 1/2

0 0%

2 1.32%
  • 1/2

1 0.66%
  • "Ultimat"ely, it sucked.

5 3.29%
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Justice League Unlimited "Ultimatum" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

JLU makes it's return...

Episode #9 - Ultimatum
    Original Airdate - December 4th, 2004

The Justice League meets the Ultimen, a popular group of young heroes who are about to discover their own horrifying secret origins.

Comments?
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

Wilco911 is offline Kaijudo Mi! Kaijudo Yu!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sweet Zombie Jesus....it's the Wonder Twins(and other renamed Super Friends).

Vagrant is offline Left TZ (Voluntary)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stilted dialogue and a plot choppier than the Bearing Sea...but it has Aquaman.

Jade_GL is offline An Aperture Science Original
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, all the Super Friends people loved to make fun of.

Samurai, Apache Chief, the Wonder Twins, and Black Vulcan.

Gotta admit, they are much cooler here in this incarnation than in the previous. Especially the Wonder Twins. Form of water is actually kicking now.
    If you dig games, movies and other interesting topics, come and listen to the Happy Pineapple.com Podcasts, hosted by Scott and Erin. Be gentle, we're still learning...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is an obvious omage to Samurai, Apache Chief, The Wonder Twins, and Black Vulcan(Super Volt!!!)
    www.reikai-tantei.cjb.net

A Real Yuu Yuu Hakusho site. With Episode Summaries up to Episode 99: Forgotten Memories. Time of Birth *Now With Screens of Every Episode Summary!!!*

Latest Summary:
    Episode 100 - Revealed - Secret of the Jagan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I reassess my opinion...

I've read better fanfics.

Beat is offline Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If nothing else, the Justice League pwned the Superfriends. And in the end, isn't that all that matters?
    If I've ever offended anyone because I've said something that was crass, offensive, or just plain stupid personally, I apologize profusely.
    If I've ever offended someone because of my opinion concerning cartoons- Is that really something to be enraged about?

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gotta love the Hall of Justice being the HQ.

And I must say, I'm loving this "government-coverup" subplot that's throughout the season. Seems the people in charge know all the JL's secret identities.
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

Killtacular is offline the race wars had begun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked this episode better when it was about the Terrific Trio. "Heroes" was a good episode. This is just average, or even sub-average. I mean plot point for plot point I can't really tell the difference between the episodes. Except that this episode is attempting to start a continuity that will be explored later.

I hope the story they are trying to tell, the overall arc, is worth plowing through these mediocre episodes in the process.

ManicWebb is offline You were cold as ice...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilco911
    Sweet Zombie Jesus....it's the Wonder Twins(and other renamed Super Friends).
    Holy Mother of Jebus, you're right! It's Apache Chief, Samurai, and Black Vulcan!

It's only a matter of time before we meet Marvin, Wendy, and their darn dog.

Dr_Flask is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dunno if I'm posting too early.

Eh, so far this ep is lame. I like the Native and Asian-American Ultimate but the Wonder-Twins wannabes grates and The Black one sounds ridiculous. Still for some reason I like most ofd them more then the 50+ heroes appearing so far this season. But that's not saying much.

So far it bugs that:
    *Aquaman seems too chummy with the JLU.

*Superman was way too jealous at that Asian Ultimate sppech. I guess Supes wants to be the one that gives long, drawn-out speeches.

*Biazzro(sp?) was wasted and less powerful than I remember. BTW, how did Giganta came to recruit him? They made for a ridiculous teamup.

*That heavy-set black lady seemed like a lesbian. I hated her as soon as she spoke(not for the reasons I think she a lesbian).

*Heavy-set black lady comment to Bats was too general. She and the rest of her govt. lapdogs MAY NOT know who Bats real identity is? Look at Batman car, Bat-jet or plane and his other gadgets; who wouldn't think that Batman is rich to afford all those gadgets. Bruce reaction was too telling, even for him.

*Did love the comment of, "mine is bigger than yours", though.

Didn't love this episode but that been the case for JLU this whole season. Continunity was ok but I felt Batman Beyond did the "whole superheroes are dying" angle better.

My grade is 7/10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_GL
    Yep, all the Super Friends people loved to make fun of.

Samurai, Apache Chief, the Wonder Twins, and Black Vulcan.

Gotta admit, they are much cooler here in this incarnation than in the previous. Especially the Wonder Twins. Form of water is actually kicking now.
    The only redeeming part was the writer made awful, boring characters interesting. But the Wonder Twins vs. Aquman? They may be young (one year old to be exact), but are they actually that dense?

Eddie G. is offline Former Wolf/Writer.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty great episode all in all. I liked the action in this episodes, with the exception of "FTMWHE" and "The Return" we got a lot more action than JLU usually gives us with three different sets of rogues.

With the exception of some fun quotes, a great ending, and the Ultimen the writing wasn't great.

Oh and fantastic ending.

kaine23 is offline Gurren Brigade member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm, intresting...
    "Name's Duo Maxwell, I may run and hide but I never tell a lie, except for that time I put itching powder in Father Maxwell's shorts, but we won't get into that."

Duke is offline Truer Words Were Never Spoken
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know, if one of the richest people in the world is the equivalent of a nameless flunkie in this subplot, you gotta figure this is even more dangerous to the JL than Darkseid could ever plot.

Then again, I love these kinds of subplots, so it may just be me.
    Spubman: Defender of the Way of the Spub's Thingy of the Time Being:
    Anime: Miso Soup for the Soul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wilson
    I liked this episode better when it was about the Terrific Trio. "Heroes" was a good episode. This is just average, or even sub-average. I mean plot point for plot point I can't really tell the difference between the episodes. Except that this episode is attempting to start a continuity that will be explored later.

I hope the story they are trying to tell, the overall arc, is worth plowing through these mediocre episodes in the process.
    You're either being unusually generous or I'm being uncharacteristically harsh.

ktoriyama is offline Darkness in light
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kick ass

This episode most definately kicked ass. Looks like a continuation of the conspiracry theory. And they know who Batman is! They couldn't, but they do, they way the woman said it. In the end who is going to win, the gov. or the JL? O and the credits hinted at Shariah's (Hawkgirl no more) return. O yeah. Wasn't there a thread about how the creator of Black Vulcan didn't want anyone using him? Last thing, to whoever did this site, you rock. This site is apparently linux links, a text only browser, compatible. I can even post. Look at me! :-)
    Last edited by ktoriyama; 12-04-2004 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Too f***ing stupid to spell conspiracy
    I go forward because I can not go back.

Rabi~en~Rose is offline idolmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wilson
    I liked this episode better when it was about the Terrific Trio. "Heroes" was a good episode.
    aw beaten to it I was going to say how it was very much like the BB episode!

I still liked this one though but it confirmed my fears from Fearful Symetry about the government having files on the league members and maybe even knowing who they are the story wasn't to original but the action was better and I kind of liked these guys better then the Terrific Trio. maybe the Ultimen are precursors to the Trio?

Johnny Cakes is offline "Gutter Calypso"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's nice to finally see some new episodes. It was great to see Aquaman work the wonder twins. But, how dumb was that water kid to flood the room while fighting Aquaman? Overall, I enjoyed this episode. It was a nice nod to the Super Friends. Giaganta and Bizzaro had my hopes up that we going to see more villans from the Legion of Doom, oh well.
    www.guttercalypso.com Check out my band!

Jade_GL is offline An Aperture Science Original
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My overall opinion is that I liked it more as a plot piece in the developing story arc than on it's own. Namely, it wasn't spectacular or mindblowing, but it was fun and it did a great job of setting up the larger unfolding story.

Like the Ultimen. They were interesting and I felt bad for them at the end. The episode did a good enough job of invoving me in their story, so I felt something when I knew they were not going to survive because of their genetic problems.

Again, I actually never thought that the Wonder Twin powers were useful, especially the water powers, but this reimagining actually made them pretty cool, and the water powers actually were devastating (though using them on Aquaman.... dur....)

Anyway, average but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The first ten minutes was meh but the last half was much better. All in all, I would maybe give it a 3 out of 5, but I am intrigued by where this is going.
    If you dig games, movies and other interesting topics, come and listen to the Happy Pineapple.com Podcasts, hosted by Scott and Erin. Be gentle, we're still learning...

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast