toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

settling this once and for all: Superman vs Batman: Whose cooler?

Like This Thread!
    Superman
    He can do everything Batman can and do it faster. Women throw themselves at his feet namely Lois and Lana. They argue over who gets to marry him. He's the favourite son of the world's largest city. HE CAN FLY. He has xray vision. He has my vote

Batman

He lives alone. All the women in his life except his mother and Barbara have pretty much all tried to kill him at one point or other. He has no friends. He has no superpowers. If he goes bankrupt there goes the batmobile and gadgets. Trick him into using a gun and he might retire for life. He intimidates people. Has cool vehicles. Hangs out with a boy in a vibrant suit which shows off his legs and his only constant companion really is his over sixty year old butler. Who do you think is cooler and who would you rather be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Batman for the more interesting story. He's just so much cooler.

BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Batman is cooler, in the more conventional use of the word. Since the Frank Miller vision was first adopted, Batman's become like the comic book world's James Dean and James Bond. He worked hard to become the hero he is.

Superman, however, is a much better person. He works hard to inspire and protect people. He's the gold standard of superheroes, and he's probably the most recognizable and referenced fictional character of the 20th Century. I think I'd rather be Superman.

Yarharhar is offline Crime and ghosts beware!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbornalways
    Superman
    He can do everything Batman can and do it faster. Women throw themselves at his feet namely Lois and Lana. They argue over who gets to marry him. He's the favourite son of the world's largest city. HE CAN FLY. He has xray vision. He has my vote

Batman

He lives alone. All the women in his life except his mother and Barbara have pretty much all tried to kill him at one point or other. He has no friends. He has no superpowers. If he goes bankrupt there goes the batmobile and gadgets. Trick him into using a gun and he might retire for life. He intimidates people. Has cool vehicles. Hangs out with a boy in a vibrant suit which shows off his legs and his only constant companion really is his over sixty year old butler. Who do you think is cooler and who would you rather be?
    Well gee, that isn't a bias description. Why didn't you just put:
    Superman : Cool and awesome
    Batman: Dumb and Gay
    Since that's basically what you were trying to say.
    Honestly, Batman is 'cooler' that Superman. People are afraid of batman. You don't talk back to him unless you are criminally insane (and even then you'd think twice).

Superman on the other hand, is kind of like a whipped boss. Sure, you're going to have to listen to him, and he can force you to do something, but you can talk back to him, sleep with his woman, etc, and there isn't a thing he'll do about it. Because if he does, he's become 'evil'.

Phantasm is offline Bittersweet Symphony.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Batman hands down. there is NO comparison.

"Don't forget us when you're famous!"

Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everytime I see a thread like this, I take a trip back to the days when I was but a wee twelve-year old tyke and Kids WB! had a contest about who kicked more "booty." Of course, even then I new that Batman would, but I voted regardless. When the time came, this was displayed on the website for the bout:

Somehow I managed to keep the image until it was finally put up in WF's TNBA gallery.

And to this day, I stand by my original vote. I have a great love of Superman as well, but Batman holds many many fond childhood memories, whereas the only one Superman holds is that stupid "Superman's Pal" episode which seemed like the only episode of STAS that aired everytime I turned it on.

Memories aside, I still do enjoy Batman infinitely better. In a world of super-powered and genetically mutated superheroes, he was the only one that was still human. On a certain level, you think you can attain to be Batman more than you could Superman or The Flash. Flying, superspeed, heat vision all of that isn't reachable--but the ability to kick someones "booty" with your highly tuned martial art skills...I don't know. I guess that's not too attainable either, but it certainly feels closer than being able to shape shift...

-BB
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

Wing Zero is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Batman is my preference for coolness. Nothing to make your heart leap like when you see a giant bat coming down at you from 20 stories above. He is also portrayed very seriously and tough as opposed to Superman's Mr. Nice Guy approach most of the time.

However, on who I'd rather be, definitely Superman. He's a nice guy, he's got incredible powers and he isn't and never was truly alone like Batman is. Watching Batman and his adventures is cool, actually being him is not. Would you like to live in an world of a never-ending battle on the streets night in and night out? Having no love of your life and ending up alone when you grow old? Never being happy because the one thing you want is to have your parents back? Being Superman is looking pretty good. Now if I was superman and was able to watch BTAS, that would be truly cool

oneeyemonkeypie is offline D_S needs a hobby...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im gonna with the flow here.

Sure Superman is stronger, and better at fighting, but how can you say Batman isn't cool? He's prolly the coolest superhero there is! (Well, one of them.)

Way cooler than superman.
    Christmas is awesome!
    Read this. Trust me, it's teh shiznite!
    http://www.forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=121380
    Yatsunori Mitsuda is a freaking musical genius!
    Check him out here

Kury Wagner is offline Jizzyboobgirlkury
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup, Batman. Dude, he rocks and he doesn't actually even have super-powers! That makes him extra special! So yeah, Batman is cooler. . . .
    goodbye to you, goodbye to everything I thought I knew
    you were the one I loved, the one thing that I tried to hold on to
    -Michelle Branch
    GEEK CENTRAL~! it pwns you and TZ.

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My two cents:

- Even if Batman *was* gay, that wouldn't preclude him from being as cool as he is in his usual skirt-chasing (as Bruce Wayne, anyway) self---dating and bedrom tastes do not have much to do with the ability to beat up cowardly, criminal scum. :-)

- FoxTrot the comic strip had an amusing Sunday installment with Peter and Jason arguing (to Paige's dismay) who's the cooler superhero and who they'd rather be. Peter argued he'd rather be Batman, since the Batmobile's cool, and Catwoman was preferable over Lois Lane; Jason countered with Superman's ability to fly and not worrying about getting shot by some bad guy's Uzi.

>> Now if I was superman and was able to watch BTAS, that would be truly cool
    - Well, as Superman, I'd imagine Clark Kent must get to write about stuff Batman did for the "Daily Planet" from time to time, so there'd be that... plus, whatever newscasts they air about something involving Batman and the "true-crime" comics of the various hereos' adventures the DCU's version of DC Comics puts out. And, of course, actually *getting* to team up from time to time with Batman himself. All much cooler than sitting around watching Bats on TV... ;-)

- For me, Batman (as Jason conceded) has the cooler costume, but I still like Superman a lot more than Batman. Guess he's a more appealing character to me---the superpowers, the settings, the threats and problems he faces, his influence on the world at large, and his sense of morality (not killing his enemies or succumbing to their level, etc.) and, as the other person said, being a better person overall---all of which *doesn't* make Superman a "wimp" who'd let you "sleep with his woman" (never mind that Lois has a mind/will of her own regarding consensual sex, here...), contrary to the general standards of today's world (dubious politicians, egoistical overpaid athletes, general money-grubbingness all around, etc.). Yes, I still like Batman overall (aside from whatever arrogant d*** in a bat-costume it is that's been imitating Bruce in the comics for the past 10 years), but definitely prefer Supes any day.

As for who I'd rather be, geez, some choice: have my parents gunned down by Joe Chill and leaving me an orphan, or have the planet I hailed from and its billions of inhabitants die from the planet itself exploding?! ;-)

-B.
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast