Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Betrayal"

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll

33 40.24%
  • **** 1/2

16 19.51%

16 19.51%
  • *** 1/2

6 7.32%

4 4.88%
  • ** 1/2

1 1.22%

2 2.44%
  • * 1/2

1 1.22%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 1.22%
  • That was it? I waited for that? "Betrayal" indeed...

2 2.44%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    angelfacade is offline Beautiful Facade
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Terra

Like This Thread!
    I know Robin was doing it for his friends, but, I can't help but think that Terra wanted to sorta do it for the same reason. It was probably some sort of "emotional flaw" of some sort that caused her to run to Slade, but... ahh I'll just start ranting. But, I still feel Terra should've gotten something almost as good as Robin's forgivness that the Titans showed him. [Darnet B.B.!!] I know it was pretty hard to get it in this episode, but, if they/B.B. had pushed her a little bit and given her a chance to really tell why she did it, maybe they wouldn't hate her so much?

I'm not sure how this goes in the actual earlier Teen Titan comics, but, from what I see in the episodes and the comments given about her, I'm really glad she's more "humane" now. [That and the G rating this show is supposed to have ha ha...]. But, the earlier Teen Titan comic books looks like something I'd probably get into as well.
    "Hate the Sin, not the Sinner"

Master Moron is offline Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman's Biggest Fan
    Well it was different case with Robin, he was only serving Slade to save his friends, wherelse Terra WANTED to do it. Big difference

True, but remember Slade did teach Terra how to control her powers. I'm sure Terra's accidentally killed a lot of people with her powers. If he did not teach her how to control her powers, she may have destroyed herself. Since Slade helped her control her powers he quite possibly saved her life. She can't exactly just forget about what he did for her.

Remember we're only really seeing the Titans perspective. We saw Robin's perspective when he was used by Slade. We're really not getting Terra's perspective at all. As we haven't seen the way they behave while they're alone together.

Captain_Lothar is offline THE MYSTERIOUS SAMURAI BAKER X
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know everyone is mad at BB for basically turning his back on Terra, but did anyone check out that look on her face afterwards? Basically giving the same look BB gave her, only worse.

My 2 cents on that whole thing? Well, she was told he was a bad guy, and she knew he was a bad guy. She still took his aide and became his apprentice, knowing what she would do. Even though she resists from time to time, she just chaulks it up to the fact that she believes no one fully cares about her. Slade controls her through this belief, and thus makes her appear evil.

Well, it made sense to me...or something like that...

angelfacade is offline Beautiful Facade
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Terra and Slade

Yes, I agree with the fact that she was told he was evil and knew it... Can't fight that fact except with curiosity, ya? I don't think she was but... what other option did she have after running away from the Titans? Keep on "going where the wind" takes her again or this other "black flame" of hope that ensures her that she'd get the type of training and such she needs?

Slade's a great bad guy for manipulating people, whether he tries or not, to 'help him out' in some way. I'm sure he planned all that to happen in that Betrayal episode.... from knowing Terra would attempt to runaway to B.B. turning his back on Terra.

And of course she'd look at him that way at the very end!!! I would too if someone said that to me after all thoise "promises" and insurance to their friendship no matter what.
    "Hate the Sin, not the Sinner"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great and sad episode with a lot of great action. One of if not my favorite episode of Teen Titans. My only complaint is that they completely stole the ending from B:TAS's Baby-Doll. But other than that it's a near perfect episode.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678