toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode of Static Shock?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

2 25.00%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

1 12.50%
  • ***1/2

2 25.00%

3 37.50%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
  • Shockingly Bad

0 0%
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

An all-new episode of Static Shock debuts today on Kids'WB!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well since no else cares enough to post. I must say that this was a good episode. Why can't we have long drawn out story arcs? Why can't every single episode of every show just be a great fillerless episode? Filler only wastes money that could be put toward great episodes. Why the freaking heck do shows even need filler? Anyway I want a serious enemy that is pure evil beyond satan level evil. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from lazy people? I need to be in control of EVERYTHING. Great villain, but not great plot.
    Hello are you an video game, manga and anime fan?
    Do you know the ultimate power of Super Sonic?

EJill34 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought this was a pretty good episode. Nice plot, but the villain was an obvious imitation of Flash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This guy vs the Justice League Flash! I say this guy wins because he can go into hyper time. Man I hate Pre Crisis Flash.
    Hello are you an video game, manga and anime fan?
    Do you know the ultimate power of Super Sonic?

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the episode but I did have a couple of problems. Like GMahler says the villian was an obvious rip-off of Flash (espescially the costume.) This wouldn't have been a big deal if Virgil or Richie had made a snarky comment on it. ("Do you and Flash go to the same tailor? Or are you just unimaginative?")

I also had a few problems with some loose ends. Static wrecks half the mall with no consequenses. Did Daisy keep the stolen necklace? It seems she was friendly with the lady at the store and I can't imagine her just keeping it but it really needed to be tied up. Can Dwayne McDuffie assure me that our hero's girlfriend did the right thing in the end?

One last problem. B2K's lipsynching did not match up with the singing at all.

Things I liked:

-Daisy. We haven't really seen her this year except in non-speaking cameos. I always thought she was a sweet girl who brought out the best in Static.

-I like how Speedwarp found out Static's identity through no fault of Richie or Virgil. Static and Gear have been sloppy in the past but there was no way they could've prevented this. Character growth? Yay!

-B2K's appearance wasn't jarring and they didn't hijack the episode (like certain musical and basketball stars have in the past.)

-I was really curious how Static was actually going to defeat Speedwarp. I was sweating for a minute there. Bonus: The resolution made a lot of sense. The Doc giving Static timewarp powers was logical and Speedwarp freezing time for himself was poetic justice.

-Oh and the CGI animation was mad cool. In fact all of the animation in this ep was stellar.

All in all, a very good episode. ***1/2
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

JohnStewart-GL is offline Mighty JLU memba
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good episode. I agree speedwarp's costume was an obvious rip off of Flash's. I wa hoping we'd hear Static or Gear make a quip about it. I liked B2k's appearance because it was more of a cameo why couldnt hoop squad been this way? It was nice seeing Virgil and Daisy getting closer and i like how Speedwarp was stopped.
    -G- UNIT!!!!

' LIGHT EM UP!!' - GL _ John Stewart

krazymed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The infection of B2K makes this a bad episode by default. I don't see all this Virgil-Daisy love either. Ever since the first episode, she's been nothing more than the weekly damsel-in-distress, and here it was no different. The Flash rip-off discovering Static and Gear's identities led to absolutely nothing. "Filler, filler night."

JusticeLeagueLegion is offline Samantha is a hottie!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched the episode Saturday morning but since I was in Wellington I wasn't anywhere near my computer. Which is why I just now am writing my comments. I guess I could of used my friends computer though. Oh well...anyway, I suppose this episode was okay, though not the best...it was neat to see a villain that was similar to the Flash, and yet also similar to the Clock King. As you may remember on the "Batman: The Animated Series" episode "Time Out Of Joint," the Clock King had this ability thanks to a device he had. Also, this episode is similar to the "Star Trek" episode "Wink Of An Eye," and the "Star Trek Voyager" episode "Blink Of An Eye."
    "We didn't find you son...you found us."

---Johnathan Kent
    Smallville Episode#1

STARTOUNZ is offline Best buds since the Stone Age
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnStewart-GL
    Pretty good episode. I agree speedwarp's costume was an obvious rip off of Flash's. I wa hoping we'd hear Static or Gear make a quip about it. I liked B2k's appearance because it was more of a cameo why couldnt hoop squad been this way? It was nice seeing Virgil and Daisy getting closer and i like how Speedwarp was stopped.
    I expected a Flash quip myself, especially after the boys thought GL turned Rogue in "Fallen Hero". The speedwarp special FX and voice echoing were pretty good. And although the issue of the heroes' secret IDs being revealed is still possible, Virgil was able to keep his from Daisy by getting back to the concert before her and pretend she disappeared (turning around the situation for once). Hopefully the producers learned their lesson after the disasterous "Hoop Squad", by restricting B2K to just a performance cameo and just keep the special guest appearances only with JL crossovers. And although the plane scene was dramatic, they managed to get a few jokes in:

(As the plane starts falling apart):
    Gear: It didn't do that in the simulation game!

(After nose of plane crushes a car):
    Static: Isn't that your dad's car?
    Gear: **GASP**
    Static: Gotcha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just glad to see that they can do an episode without guess stars or team ups. all wee need now is some episodes in which static actually works by himself once in awhile. sorry to seem biased against gear, but this is his show and we need to see him in that mode once in awhile without hime teaming up with someone or having gear get sidelined for something stupid.Heck, why not spotlight gear in a solo adventure as well. if these concepts worked in batman's shows, then why not for static.The episode was good though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thought it was an ok episode.. enjoyed the Gear/Static interaction. Like almost everyone else on here, the villain screamed "Flash."

Would've been nice if it was indeed someone else that was capable tapping into the Flash speed thingy (however DC explains Flash's powers...), that was evil (and not some device).

Also the B2K thing was.. blech....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the only part I liked about B2K was when speedwrap snatched their chains off of them and stole them. That was great, showing them just how unimportant they are.

warmachine04 is offline No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its good to see that the relationship between Stataic and Daisy is moving along. They must have taken the episode from the film "Clockstoppers". The villian looks like a demented and skinny Flash. Overall not bad. / 5