Just finished watching this disc. I bought both of the new Batman Beyond DVD's and tried to make them last by just watching one episode a day or so. I haven't seen most of these episodes, except "Heroes", in a long time. And like the other new BB DVD, there was an episode I hadn't seen before -- "Lost Soul".
The actual order on the disc:
All of the episodes are good even though I'm not a big fan of morphing villains like Inque, Clayface, or Venom (from Spider-man). "Lost Soul" was a nice surprise for me just as "A Touch of Curare" was on the other new release. "Lost Soul" is an entertaining episode but not as good as "Curare", IMO.
- Good episodes from the series
- Six episodes on one disc
- No repeated episodes from other BB DVD's, unlike the other new DVD
- Low, low price -- it's less than $8 online with free shipping
- Special bonus for me -- an episode I'd never seen before!
Overall, I recommend this disc. I recommend both of the new discs. I think they are a great value, six episodes for less than $8 or nine episodes for about $15. Or twelve episodes if you don't count the repeated episodes on the other disc, though I do since I already owned three from the BB The Movie DVD.
- Static menu -- not important to me
- no extras -- again, I don't care but I know others do. I'd rather have a disc full of episodes like this than only 3-4 episodes with extras
- Cheap snap case, not a huge deal IMO but why not use good cases?
I think fans of BB as well as anyone new to the series should buy these. I also think good sales will send a message to WB that we want more BB on DVD, maybe even a new DTV. Sales will send a lot stronger message than any letters, online petitions, or the occassional chat session.
Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"
Bones: "My will...will not die."