Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    John6777 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Similarities between Spider-man and Batman ,Coincidence or Ripp off?

Like This Thread!
    Is it a coincidence in the similarities or not some are Uncanny.

Joker=Green Goblin
    Catwoman=Black Cat
    Killer Croc=The Lizard
    Batgirl=Spiderwoman
    Copperhead=Scorpian

You Decide

I think Spider-man is a rip from Superman and Batman ,even down the the working for a newspaper.

Marc is offline Friend from another star?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First of all, if you look hard enough, you can find similarities between any two characters. Sure there are similarities between Spidey and Bats/Supes, but most are purely coincidence. Some were intentional, like Peter Parker originally needing eyeglasses, but that was soon dropped by Lee & Ditko. You have to understand that these companies were, and still are in direct competition with one another. DC has “borrowed” just as many ideas from Marvel as Marvel has from DC. As for the newspaper job, Peter Parker no longer works for the Daily Bugle, but when he was employed there his job was not even closely related to Clark Kent’s at the Daily Planet.

As for your list:
    Joker - Green Goblin: Ok, I see the “green” connection, and the insanity, but that’s about it.
    Catwoman - Black Cat : I’ll grant you this one. These two are a little too close for comfort. But last time I checked, Selena didn’t have superpowers.
    Killer Croc - The Lizard: They’re both reptilian, but that’s it. BTW, the Lizard first appeared almost 20 years before Killer Croc.
    Batgirl - Spider-woman: Again, explain this connection. I'm pretty sure Spider-woman has been written out of the Marvel Universe, but I could be wrong.
    Copperhead - Scorpion: One’s a snake, the other's an arachnid. Also, the Scorpion was introduced about 3 years before Copperhead.

No offense, but this thread stinks of another DC versus Marvel topic, and we don’t need any of that.

- Cap
    "I hope you don’t expect me to save you, because I don’t do that anymore." - Evil Superman

My Portfolio of Art | Marvel Knights Adventures

John6777 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey

Black Cat has superpowers??? what superpowerS???

Also A New Spider-Woman came around the same time the new Batgirl came around. But she disappeared.

Storm is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spider-Woman is not even a sidekick or partner of Spider-Man in any shape or form. She's just has the same name. Actually there were three Spider-Woman. The first one that is own out of the Marvel Universe, then the current one who is an Avengers member, and another one who was Spider-Woman for a breif time. So basically Batgirl and Spider-Woman are not rip-offs of eachother. That's like saying every heroine with a "Girl" or "Woman" at the end up their code name is a rip-off of Batgirl. For Superman and Spidey. Spider-Man is an photographer, Superman is a reporter. How can they be connected??? The only thing that is a little bit of the same is Black Cat and Catwoman. C'mon not even Spidey's rogues and Batman's rogues are the same. Spidey's rogues have completely different origins than Batman's foes.
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.

Super Secret Agent Girl

LadyM is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nah, I don't think he's a rip-off of Bats. Coincidence.

~LM~

Superpony.com

They're super! They're ponies! They're superponies!

kid_flash is offline Speedy Teen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are VERY few similarities between Batman and Spider-Man (besides both being human, I can't think of anything off the top of my head). If you wanna talk about similarities between the Joker and the Green Goblin, well yeah, but that's not what we're talking about.

tony is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Black Cat has the Super Soilder Serum in her
    Superhero Chat Rocks Click Herre

Dee
    Dee is offline What?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by CaptainInfinity
    First of all, if you look hard enough, you can find similarities between any two characters. Sure there are similarities between Spidey and Bats/Supes, but most are purely coincidence. Some were intentional, like Peter Parker originally needing eyeglasses, but that was soon dropped by Lee & Ditko. You have to understand that these companies were, and still are in direct competition with one another. DC has “borrowed” just as many ideas from Marvel as Marvel has from DC. As for the newspaper job, Peter Parker no longer works for the Daily Bugle, but when he was employed there his job was not even closely related to Clark Kent’s at the Daily Planet.

As for your list:
    Joker - Green Goblin: Ok, I see the “green” connection, and the insanity, but that’s about it.
    Catwoman - Black Cat : I’ll grant you this one. These two are a little too close for comfort. But last time I checked, Selena didn’t have superpowers.
    Killer Croc - The Lizard: They’re both reptilian, but that’s it. BTW, the Lizard first appeared almost 20 years before Killer Croc.
    Batgirl - Spider-woman: Again, explain this connection. I'm pretty sure Spider-woman has been written out of the Marvel Universe, but I could be wrong.
    Copperhead - Scorpion: One’s a snake, the other's an arachnid. Also, the Scorpion was introduced about 3 years before Copperhead.

No offense, but this thread stinks of another DC versus Marvel topic, and we don’t need any of that.

- Cap
    I agree. This is getting repetative

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I first saw the Spiderman movie, there were two things I considered a ripoff of "Batman" that bothered me:

1. The parade scene with the big balloons and a character taking pictures.

2. Jonah going through Peter's pictures like Joker going through pictures in Batman.

Then someone mentioned the end scenes both taking place at a church but I don't see that as ripoff since they were too different.

Anyway, I ended up seeing the movie again and those similarities mentioned above didn't bother me since they were used in different contents. The same is more than likely the same with the comics. Similarities are expected (losing relatives or another loved one the cause of the heroism, accidents causing powers and villains) but it's how they contrast that makes the characters interesting and enjoyable to watch.

slackermonkey is offline Save The Day
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by tony
    Black Cat has the Super Soilder Serum in her
    Only the cartoon version does.

In the comics, she started off as a gymnast and martial artist in peak condition, and was a master at rigging stunts to make it seem to her opponents that she could cause others bad luck.

When she and Spidey became partners, he was reluctant to have her around because of her lack of powers. So she made a bargain with the Kingpin's scientists to get superpowers and came back with the proportionate strength, speed, agility, and senses of a cat, and had the abilities to change her fingertips and tips of her toes into powerful claws, and affect probability (i.e. inflict bad luck onto others for a few moments). But her powers eventually went haywire (long story), so Spidey had Dr. Strange remove them.

These days, she's back to a mere gymnast/martial artist/class-A athlete. But rumor has it that after Kevin Smith's done with her on the current mini-series, she'll rediscover her bad luck powers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast