Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do any of you read Twisted toyfare theatre?

Like This Thread!
    I just wanted to know. Personnaly I think its class. Is there anyway to get just the issues other than the 2 TPBs?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Marc is offline Friend from another star?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Twisted Toyfare Theatre is brilliant stuff. Each monthly issue of Toyfare magazine features a TTT strip. The two TPBs feature the "best of" out of all the strips from past issues. I highly recommend reading Toyfare magazine each month. Not only do you get TTT, but the entire magazine is littered with hilarious captions accompanying the toys that are featured. There's also "Big Shots", which are short, one panel TTT-style strips. You can try searching your local comic shop for back issues.

- Cap
    "I hope you donít expect me to save you, because I donít do that anymore." - Evil Superman

My Portfolio of Art | Marvel Knights Adventures

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favourite so far is where Dr. Doom gets a job as a seceratary for the Fantastic Four and another is where them robots from Star Wars invade Spideys house. All brilliant stuff

JustJack is offline Just Odd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by The Red Bird
    My favourite so far is where Dr. Doom gets a job as a seceratary for the Fantastic Four and another is where them robots from Star Wars invade Spideys house. All brilliant stuff
    I think the recent issue with Cobra invading Spidey's house is classic. "Rent, Groceries, and Zartan cleans out your gutters once a month."

My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled...

Russkafin is offline Bringer of Darkness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting to note - some of the earlier editions of Twisted Toyfare Theater (actually, back then it was called Twisted Mego Theater) featured DC characters as well as Marvel ones. Superman, Batman, and Robin were regular characters, along with a handfull of other DC guys.

Then around issue 30 or so, the DC characters vanished and the strips became exclusively Marvel based.

Here's where it gets weirder... one of the comics published in one of the trades, "Mister Spidey Goes To Couresant," was an older edition. When it first saw print, it featured Spidey and Superman in a parody of the Star Wars Intergalactic Senate scene. Superman sees the guy who was General Zod in Superman II and attacks him.

In the trade, though, it has been mysteriously edited, and Iron Man has somehow replaced Superman. Very curious that Iron Man would attack General Zod....?

Apparently DC must have not liked ToyFare making fun of their characters, and asked them to stop.
    "You were right, Mr. Kent. I am the villain of the story." --Lex Luthor, Onyx (Smallville)

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone confirm what Russakin just said?

I thought they were used but was confused by the first few issues in the TPB not having the characters used.