• *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Smallville" Comic Series Talkback (Classic Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    DC's first comic book based on Smallville has hit stands today!

The comic includes stories by Smallville writer Mark Verheiden and what looks like fantastic artwork by Roy Allan Martinez and John Paul Leon. Included will also be features about the show's production and the new season. Also, only the comic book will offer the key to how to get into Chloe's "Wall of Weird," launching today at www.wallofweird.com so pick it up!

According to www.kryptonsite.com , Supposedly one can visit the online Smallville Torch and find a secret way to access Chloe's files with a password found only in the comic book. Let the challenge begin!

Comments?

adoptedBatpuppy is offline Confidence is the Key
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 'Smallville: The Comic' Talkback (Spoilers)

Is it a comic book series, or a one time thing?

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: 'Smallville: The Comic' Talkback (Spoilers)

Originally posted by adoptedBatpuppy
    Is it a comic book series, or a one time thing?
    This is the first of many Smallville one shots that DC has planned. If this one shot comic is successful, expect another one in 2003.

Jor-El is offline Krypton is doomed.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I had ONE complaint about the Smallville comic, (and as I think about it, one complaint is all I have,) then that complaint would be with the cover. All those damn words made this look like a magazine and not a comic book. Aside from that, it was a BEAUTIFUL cover, and if DC makes it a poster (they MUST make it a poster; I am not giving them any other options here ,) I'll be the first in line to buy one. I love that cover.

The art in the stories wouldn't have been good art in my other favorite titles, like JSA or Flash. For a Smallville story though it worked so well. It was real enough that I could almost see the scenes on television in my head, and was comic-y enough to keep you reminded that it is, in fact, a comic book. The Lex story art, I thought, was especially perfect to the story they were telling there.

The interviews were pretty crappy, I thought. Tom and Kristin's answers were robotic. Only Michael Rosenbaum sounded like he was actually answering questions through the process of reflection. The other two characters just regurgitated a programmed response. It really hurt my deep admiration for both of them as actors. But hey, that feature article was really interesting. I had no idea that the cornfields were computer generated! Never would have occurred to me that they needed to be.

The writing, over all, was extremely true to the characters in the series. I could hear them all so clearly, and there wasn't really a line in there that I could point to and say "Yeah. Smoooooooooth," and sneer at disapprovingly. I just really liked this comic, and everyone owes themselves a read of it. Some really stellar work is going on here. I can't wait for the next one.
    "He will be that world's man of tomorrow." -Jor-El, Superman: Birthright #1

Barb Gordon is offline Nin-Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've got it, but have yet to read it,lol. I skimmed through it and it looks interesting, and I trust my comic guy when we said I'd like it. Hope they work on the covers though. Guess I'll get to reading it...now!

~Barb

leaf on the wind...

TimTwoFace is offline Mod, and Minotaur Bait
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm...and all this time I thought this was going to be an ongoing series. Maybe I should go out and buy it after all. What are the initial reviews from the SMALLVILLE/comic folk here?

-Tim
    CANADA

Jor-El is offline Krypton is doomed.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My overall impression, if I decided to assign it a letter-grade, would be "A-"

Worth every penny of the $3.95. That's for sure.
    "He will be that world's man of tomorrow." -Jor-El, Superman: Birthright #1

Barb Gordon is offline Nin-Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just a one shot or a series that will go on for a while? Lol, woh, didn't realize I paid that much for it till now!

~Barb

leaf on the wind...

Russkafin is offline Bringer of Darkness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I heard it's going to be a quarterly kind of deal. I thought it was okay, but not particularly great... I think the art kind of turned me off. But, it's Smallville, so, it's still cool.
    "You were right, Mr. Kent. I am the villain of the story." --Lex Luthor, Onyx (Smallville)

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Note: The cover art comes from www.amazon.com.
    Note 2: While this is mainly for the shortlived comic book series (The One Shot and #1-11 of the bimonthly series) discussion on the animated comics (Justice and Doom & Visions) are also welcomed.

Smallville The Comic
    1. Raptor- Writer: Michael Green Pencils: Roy Allen Martinez
    2. Exile and The Kingdom- Writer: Michael Green Pencils: John Paul Leon

Smallville #1
    1. Paterfamilias- Writers: Mark Verheiden & Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Kilian Plunkett

Smallville #2
    1. Beauty- Writers Mark Verheiden & Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Renato Guedes
    2. What I Did On My Summer Vacation*- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Tom Derenick

Smallville #3
    1. Chimera, Part 1**- Writer: Mark Verheiden/Pencils: Renato Guedes
    2. Vows- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Tom Derenick

Smallville #4
    1. Chimera, Part 2- Writers: Mark Verheiden & Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Renato Guedes
    2. Phelan***- Writer: Mark Verheiden/Pencils: Tom Derenick

Smallville #5
    1. Sojourn****- Writers: Mark Verheiden & Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Tom Derenick
    2. The Few, The Proud*****- Writers: Clint Carpenter & Jake Black/Pencils: Pete Woods

Smallville #6
    1. ID******- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Tom Derenick
    2. Magic- Writer: Clint Capenter/Pencils & Ink: Kano

Smallville #7
    1. Chronicle*******- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Tom Derenick
    2. Parenthood- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Tom Grummett

Smallville #8
    1. Exploit********- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Tom Derenick
    2. Captive*********- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Artist: Renato Guedes

Smallville #9
    1. Secrets- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Tom Derenick
    2. Lies- Writer: Clint Carpenter/Pencils: Jim Fern

Smallville #10
    1. Rampage- Writers Clint Carpenter & Dan Thomsen/Pencils: Tom Derenick

Smallville #11
    1. Nature- Writer: Dan Thomsen/Pencils Tom Derenick

Story: It's not a bird, nor a plane, it's Clark Kent. Much like the early seasons, the Teen Of Steel continues to grow into the hero he is destined to become.

Comments?

The stories followed by * have a specified placement in the show continuity sometime even focusing on the story they take place during. Their placement in question:

* Takes place between Season 2 episodes "Vortex" and "Heat".
    ** This and Chimera, Part 2 takes place after the Season 2 episode "Suspect".
    *** Takes place within the Season 1 episode "Rogue".
    **** Takes place between "Exodus" and "Exile", bridging the gap between Season 2 and 3.
    ***** Takes place sometime after the Season 2 episode "Heat", but before Season 2 episode "Visage".
    ****** The table of content specifies this to take place after the Season 3 episode "Magnetic".
    ******* This story is set before the second set of The Chloe Chronicles
    ******** This story is set inbetween The Chloe Chronicles 2 episodes 6 & 7 and was included on the DVD for Season 3.
    ********* This story takes place between the Season 3 episodes "Shattered" and "Asylum".
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.