Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BLACKHEART is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Batman 603 talkback (spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    A very good gripping story with nice art work to enhance the story. For the first time in months Batman shows signs of careing again. An old detective is about to die when he turns over a case to Batman. The case being his parents murder. At the end of the story Batman contacts Oracle and refers to himself as "Bruce." She is caught off guard by this. A very good story. I only wish it was a bit longer.

Kathy Kane is offline Captain Jack Harkness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally!!
    I hope this means Bruce will stop pussyfooting around and be his old self again!
    I also can't wait for the Wayne Murder (both of them) to be solved hopefully soon.
    I was surprised that an outsider like the old detective was able to snap Batman back maybe to his old self again.

BLACKHEART is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it was more of the fact that he beleived in "Bruce Wayne." He needed someone to do that.

Ms. Kitty is offline Is BUSTED!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This issue sounds cool. SOLD!

Clayface is offline Molecularly Malleable Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was an excellent issue! Great writing by Brubaker - I love the way he's brought Bruce/Batman back on track: a simple visit with a good man that believes in him. Short, sweet, and simple solution to how to get Bruce out of his grumpy pouting. And the art in this issue was brilliant as well! I just loved everything about this one!

Although I do have one thing I'm a bit confused on - why are we revisiting the Thomas and Martha Wayne murder? This issue has been settled in the past - are they rewriting this part of Batman's history?

"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself between the sounds
    And open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin.
    I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random, or what ever will bewilder me.
    And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
    Spiral out. Keep going"
    -Tool, Lateralus

"Be ashamed to die unless you have won some victory for humanity." -Horace Mann

The Guard is offline No Matter The Cost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We revisited his parents' murder for several reasons:

It introduced a character who believed in Bruce. It showed us that Batman still cares what people think.

"Really?" At this moment, Batman realized that Bruce Wayne might have a future, that everyone hadn't condemned him. And he realized that he was Bruce...as much as he is Batman.

And it showed Batman one very important thing, which he puts into action at the end: He needs to solve the murder of Vesper Fairchild. He was looking at all the articles on her murder, and then asked Oracle to call up some information. He's gonna solve it, because he got the kick in the pants that we all need from time to time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by The Guard
    We revisited his parents' murder for several reasons:
    I understand all of that. My point was: I got the impression they were implying that Batman would be working on the case of his parent's murder in the upcoming issues - a case which is already solved. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but I thought solicitations for upcoming issues mentioned that he'd be working on their case, and if that's true, I don't understand why the writers are ignoring what's happened in the past with the case. Hopefully, I'm just remembering wrong, and the only reason we had the Thomas and Martha Wayne murder brought up again was for the reasons you mentioned, but that wasn't the impression I got.

I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random, or what ever will bewilder me.
    Spiral out. Keep going"
    -Tool, Lateralus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the impression that Batman was re-opening the case. He will attempt to solve it in the future. I'm sure it's one of those little things that runs for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by The Guard
    I got the impression that Batman was re-opening the case. He will attempt to solve it in the future. I'm sure it's one of those little things that runs for years.
    But that's my point - why is he reopening the case? He solved the murder of his parents a long time ago - has this part of continuity been trashed now?

Spiral out. Keep going"
    -Tool, Lateralus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. Some things happened during ZERO HOUR that made Batman question if it was Joe Chill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast