Quantcast

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this Comic Book!

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I used to be subscribed to a few books and they almost always arrived late and in bad shape. I eventually found it was just better to get a pull list at my local comic store.

This was a good issue but it seems like the last couple of issues have lost a bit of steam. I am curious about that fail-safe thing that Doc Ock activated. I assume that is now due to go off at any time now. I was also happy to see the MC2 crew make it out pretty unscatched save for Peter's death and I like that Ben will be going with them. A fine wrap-up to everything but I think it could've been a bit stronger.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Magmaster12 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree I was really happy to seeat least MC2 Mary Jane was still alive and Mayday's conclusion was far better then I expected, darn now I really do want to see a spin off.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The final arc before "Secret Wars" begins!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16

WRITER: DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE
    ARTIST: HUMBERTO RAMOS

-Spider-Verse is over, but that doesn't mean Peter Parker is safe.
    -Someone (or something) has invaded Parker Industries and is targeting its staff!
    -But how? Parker Industries' security can keep out any living thing?!

Comments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not a bad issue but it felt like the book was kind of spinning it wheels a little. Then again after that huge Spider-Verse arc it's no surprise the book is slowing things down just a little bit. And I am glad to see the focus back on Parker Industries a bit. That's actually a neat story for Peter. It does feel a bit too Iron Man-like, for him to have that business, but I'm sure his Parker Luck will eventually pop up. A good issue but nothing special. Hopefully the book will actually move ahead even though Secret Wars is coming.

Marvel also announced this today:

http://www.newsarama.com/23814-spider-man-s-marriage-child-returns-in-secret-wars.html

The "Spider-marriage" returns during Secret War!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A special Amazing Spider-Man mini-series!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #16.1

WRITER: GERRY CONWAY
    ARTIST: CARLO BARBERI

-SPIRAL begins here!
    -The underworld is in a constant flux and has been since the Kingpin got taken out at SHADOWLAND. That war is heating up and Spidey's going to do something about it.
    -But he's not the only one-- Police Captain Yuri Watanabe is trying to curtail the madness both in her day job as a police office and as the vigilante THE WRAITH!
    -Do she and Spidey play by the same rules?

Comments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Now this was pretty fun! A very old-school type of story but a great one! The art doesn't really fit the story but everything else fell into place. I can't believe Gerry Conway is back. It must have been 30 or so years since he has written a Spider-Man comic. His take on Spider-Man seems more witty smart and sly as compared to the more modern take which while writing him as smart also writes him as a bit of a jokester and an idiot. This looks like this could be a good mini-series and is definitely more than I was expecting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Who could be in danger?

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #17

WRITER: DAN SLOTT
    ARTIST: HUMBERTO RAMOS

-The Ghost has invaded Parker Industries!
    -With this super-powered saboteur, no secret is safe-- no PEOPLE are safe, either, for that matter.

Comments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A good issue but the book seems to have lost a little steam. I can't say I'm a huge fan of how one-dimensional Black Cat is becoming too. I'm glad Slott is keeping Anna Maria around and I love how she handled that little scene with Aunt May and J when asked if she and Peter are still a couple. I'm curious how "Vows" is going to play out in a couple months and if that is an extension of this book or just a Secret Wars mini-series that has no real barring on this comic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The special Amazing Spider-Man mini-series continues!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #17.1

WRITER: GERRY CONWAY
    ARTIST: CARLO BARBERI

-Who heeds the Hammerhead?! Not Spidey, apparently.
    -The criminal underworld of New York City is on fire and Spidey and the Wraith hope to contain it. Tough luck, you two.

Comments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I gotta say, I am loving the artwork for this "Spiral" mini-series. I would love to see Barberi do some more Spidey work down the line. That name is familiar though. Didn't he used to draw Impulse or something all those years ago?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567